• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Things that make you laugh...

So, this chinese company sells puzzles where a cow, tuna, chicken, lamb, and a pig are assembled by cuts of meat harvested off the animal.

Chinese are so humane! Look how happy that pig is.
The other side of its face has the X-for-dead eyes, and the ~ mouth.
I grow confused, too. Amazon lists China as Country Of Origin, but all the reviews are about 'growing Japan trend.'

The aminals i have found so far are pig, chicken, lamb, cow, snow crab, tuna, pufferfish.
The text is Japanese, so presumably it's a Japanese trend.

That it's made in China is Earth-shatteringly unsurprising. They host a vast proportion of the world's 'cheap plastic tat' manufacturing, and export to pretty much everywhere.

So, this chinese company sells puzzles where a cow, tuna, chicken, lamb, and a pig are assembled by cuts of meat harvested off the animal.

I grow confused, too. Amazon lists China as Country Of Origin, but all the reviews are about 'growing Japan trend.'

The aminals i have found so far are pig, chicken, lamb, cow, snow crab, tuna, pufferfish.
The text is Japanese, so presumably it's a Japanese trend.

That it's made in China is Earth-shatteringly unsurprising. They host a vast proportion of the world's 'cheap plastic tat' manufacturing, and export to pretty much everywhere.
But if the money is going to Japan...

Two days before xmas.
No snow on the ground.
No snow falling.
But it is 12 degrees outside, so it's beginning to look a lot like fuck this.

Nature's trying around here but you'll have to go higher to get a white Christmas. There was a post of a rainbow over the closest hiking area--but another post saying the road out there is now closed. Water, not snow.

Seconded. My phone can't read anything on there when set for Chinese, but I'm getting some translations (not that they make much sense) when set for Japanese.

Confirmed: I showed my wife the picture, she can't read any of it as Chinese, she can read some of it as Japanese (she's learning, she's still far from proficient.)

Last edited:
Keith, it was hella funny to me. No reason to be sad. :ROFLMAO:
Confused.

No idea what you are talking about.
No worries friend.

My mother was (and still is) a devout Jehovah's Witness. As such, any swearing however mild was unacceptable to her. She wore a blouse and skirt to work as she was an office worker at the time I lived under her roof. I had a lot of white friends that smoked weed (awesome people) and me being overly cautious because my mother was so strict, advised them not to compliment her on her outfits (it happened before) using the words blouse and skirt in that sequence.

It was very funny to me when it happened (my mom kicked my friends out of the house over it once) so wanted to share that on this thread about stuff that makes me laugh. Which is how blouse and skirt is a swear word in Jamaican.

To my mother, it was like saying holy shit.
Yay .. another Jamaican on the board! A rare ting dat.

View attachment 36401Here's a Hand made Soviet era Russian bike.
This thing is too cool!!
Wow! Look at that thing. I must say that bike is much more robust and interesting than anything I would initially associate with "Soviet." I wouldn't believe it at all if not for the rust.
Actually, I would think that only a soviet citizen would make such a massive thing. When I think of soviet engineering, I think massive out-of-the-box designs.

A few examples:
. The Kalinin K-7 Heavy Bomber looks like something out of a sci-fi battle scene.
. The WWII T-35 heavy tank 9.72 x 3.2 x 3.43 meters and had three gun turrets.
. The Lun-class ekranoplan was a ground-effect "airplane" that was about the size of a ship and was propelled by eight jet engines.
. The N-1 rocket built in the 1960s had thirty rockets engines in the first stage.

This thing is too cool!!
Wow! Look at that thing. I must say that bike is much more robust and interesting than anything I would initially associate with "Soviet." I wouldn't believe it at all if not for the rust.
Actually, I would think that only a soviet citizen would make such a massive thing. When I think of soviet engineering, I think massive out-of-the-box designs.

A few examples:
. The Kalinin K-7 Heavy Bomber looks like something out of a sci-fi battle scene.
. The Lun-class ekranoplan was a ground-effect "airplane" that was about the size of a ship and was propelled by eight jet engines.
. The N-1 rocket built in the 1960s had thirty rockets engines in the first stage.

And all of them were scrapped to build the bike in the picture.

This thing is too cool!!

A few examples:

Good point. When I think "soviet," I think potholes, drab institutional apartment buildings, and rusting playground equipment.

But now I'm thinking it looks like it might have been made in Cuba. Edit: except a Cuban bike would be shiny and colorful, but just as big and frankensteined.

OK,
First of all, my brother scream-sneezes. His sneezes make mine seem like tiny kitten sneezes. I can hear his sneezes from the other side of the house with all doors between closed and my headphones on at top volume.

Second, he hates sneezing. (WTF kind of fascist sociopath hates sneezing? Do not trust anyone who hates sneezing.)

Third, he has a low tolerance level for annoyances, and sneezing even once annoys the crap out of him.

So a few minutes ago he sneezed THREE TIMES in a row! Of course that enraged him and caused him to curse loudly, as if any potential fourth sneezes who thought they were going to have a turn would just march right the fuck back to wherever sneezes come from. Like the potential sneezes all huddled together in mortal fear of coming out and fully self realizing. Because he yelled at them to GOD DAMMIT STOP IT. I believe a fourth sneeze would have made him burn the damn house down.

OK,
First of all, my brother scream-sneezes. His sneezes make mine seem like tiny kitten sneezes. I can hear his sneezes from the other side of the house with all doors between closed and my headphones on at top volume.

Second, he hates sneezing. (WTF kind of fascist sociopath hates sneezing? Do not trust anyone who hates sneezing.)

Third, he has a low tolerance level for annoyances, and sneezing even once annoys the crap out of him.

So a few minutes ago he sneezed THREE TIMES in a row! Of course that enraged him and caused him to curse loudly, as if any potential fourth sneezes who thought they were going to have a turn would just march right the fuck back to wherever sneezes come from. Like the potential sneezes all huddled together in mortal fear of coming out and fully self realizing. Because he yelled at them to GOD DAMMIT STOP IT. I believe a fourth sneeze would have made him burn the damn house down.

stoics.jpeg

Oldest son moved out, like, ten or twelve years ago. Followed a girl to Florida. Then moved to Georgia. Then enlisted. Now married in Virginia.

Shortly after he left, we replaced the back door. Took the opportunity to change allthe locks. Up to then took three keys to get inside. Now just one.
Talkest son planning to move out, moving into an apartment downtown. Wanted to negotiate when to turn in his key, so he could pack, clean, store some stuff. Found out all this time, he thought we changed the locks to keep Oldest out after he left.

Um, no. You can still come over. You're five minutes away. We might even ask you to water the plants or something... We do not shout, "That's it for him, then!" once you're past the corner. Jeez.

OK,

My father, who has been gone since 1995, was of the generation that always carried a handkerchief, and I remember that he always sneezed three times. Never only one, only two, nor right on to four. Just one of those things that I miss. It seems to me that while many people sneeze once, for most it seems two is the number, a primer and a finish. For me, if I catch a draft across my body, like after getting out of the shower, I will start a sneezing jag that will go on for 10-20 sneezes . . . much to the annoyance of my family. I also have solar sneeze reflex. In college, one semester I took a particular path to my first period class every morning and rounded the corner of the same building into the sun and every day sneezed at the exact same spot on the walk every single sunny day.

OK,

My father, who has been gone since 1995, was of the generation that always carried a handkerchief, and I remember that he always sneezed three times. Never only one, only two, nor right on to four. Just one of those things that I miss. It seems to me that while many people sneeze once, for most it seems two is the number, a primer and a finish. For me, if I catch a draft across my body, like after getting out of the shower, I will start a sneezing jag that will go on for 10-20 sneezes . . . much to the annoyance of my family. I also have solar sneeze reflex. In college, one semester I took a particular path to my first period class every morning and rounded the corner of the same building into the sun and every day sneezed at the exact same spot on the walk every single sunny day.
I get sun sneezes, too.

Back
Top Bottom