• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Things that make you laugh...

So, it occurs to me that i could probably cook popcorn in my air fryer, in the rotating drum. My son suggested there's probably a Youtube showing this.

Oh, god.

I just want amount, prep, temp and time. Oil, yes or no.

I don't care if Columbus ever had popcorn or how you could know.

I don't care how you incorporated Corn Maiden to your D&D campaign or what her clerics sacrifice to her.

And, really, i don't want to sit through the experiments that produced suboptimal results. It's kind of interesting, but really, I'm peckish and if you just give me 'this is the best' i'll take your word for it.

I watched on tutorial on the drum. The guy opened the air fryer, showed where the drum went, how to install it. Then he shows how to 'start' cooking. Never actually put any FOOD in the oven. Certainly not popcorn. Google misled me.
"We need to make sure it's plugged in." Camera shakily moves to the plug in the wall, showing the cord is seated. But... But when you opened the fucking oven, the little LIGHT CAME ON! How do you think that happens if IT'S NOT PLUGGED IN?!?!?! You MORON!

Son leans out of his bedroom door on the 2nd floor to tell me, "You sound like Grandpa watching a football game."
Huh. Well, on the screen, the oven door is down, and the track for the rotating drum is clearly visible. "So, yeah. The receives is WIDE OPEN."

"Yeah, that's it."

NASCAR explained.

Someone who plays piano professionally is a pianist.

Thus someone who races professionally is a racist.

So, doing the shopping on Sunday.
One thing on the list is Thyme. Fresh stuff, not dried.
The store has no Thyme in the Produce section.
Do i need to go to another store? I check the menu at the top of the shopping list (which we put there for just this exact reason). No. The person cooking with thyme isn't making their dish until Thursday.
Out loud, i say, "It can wait, i have plenty of-" Wouldn't say it. Was not going to say that out loud.
Got home, unpacking groceries. Mentioned to the wife that there was no fresh Thyme in Produce. "It's okay," she nods. "We have plenty of..." Stopped. Our eyes locked. But before i could say, "HA! You won't say it, either!" she said, "A surplus of temporal interval remaining."

Do i need to go to another store? I check the menu at the top of the shopping list (which we put there for just this exact reason). No. The person cooking with thyme isn't making their dish until Thursday.
Out loud, i say, "It can wait, i have plenty of-" Wouldn't say it. Was not going to say that out loud.
Got home, unpacking groceries. Mentioned to the wife that there was no fresh Thyme in Produce. "It's okay," she nods. "We have plenty of..." Stopped. Our eyes locked. But before i could say, "HA! You won't say it, either!" she said, "A surplus of temporal interval remaining."
A sage decision from you both.

Oh, cumin!

Oh, cumin!
Well, we are both old salts...

I waa in the SCA for a couple of years. I thought the kingdom i was in had a remarkable number of...kinky members. Something about the college and Navy base proximity, i thought. But.... much becomes clear...
H4Habdy.jpeg
0cEWY5v.jpeg

From a missing persons bulletin. How are we to tell this one from all the others? There's 50 of these at Trader Joe's as we speak.
" described as a white male with a light complexion, 5’9” in height, 170 pounds, brown eyes and brown hair. He was last seen wearing dark navy Northface jacket, khaki pants and blue sneakers."

You could, as you probably know, get better results with herbs freshly grown yourself than with store bought; And of course, the absolute best quality of all is if you have a friend or neighbour who grows them fresh, and provides them to you as a gift.

As any chef will tell you, There's no thyme like the present.

Coworker had a gastrointestinal event today.
While he was gone, his 5 year old son picked up the headphones and joined the Teams meeting.

We learned LOTS of stuff.

Dragons are t-rex colored.
Dinosaurs say 'ROAR!' (And you cannot pussyfoot the roar. If you say, "Dinos roar, huh," you will be corrdcted until you ROAR!)
Dinos have tails.
Big tails.
Bigger than that.
And NOT cat tails.
Yes, there wwre cat dinosaurs. They ate the dinosaur mice.
We sent a text to our supervisor, 'bet you a pizza our meeting is WAY more fun than anything happening in your boring-ass start-of-work briefing. She sadly agreed even before hearing the list of topics.
Learned that J's mic is pretty sensitive, it can pick up a mom asking 'Who you talking to, sport?' even clear out in the kitchen.

We should have timed it. Mom can move FAST at the reply, 'The meeting people.'

I went out on some errands. Prescriptions, mail, breakfast.
Son has to go out, asked me how the roads were. "A negligible amount of snow," i said. He nodded, grabbed his keys. Paused at the door.
"You're from Idaho. I was born in Florida. I ask again, how are the roads?"
"About three inches, plowed but not really clear, yet. Take it slow, watch for idiots think 4-wheel drive is invincible, brake carefully."
"Gotcha."

I went out on some errands. Prescriptions, mail, breakfast.
Son has to go out, asked me how the roads were. "A negligible amount of snow," i said. He nodded, grabbed his keys. Paused at the door.
"You're from Idaho. I was born in Florida. I ask again, how are the roads?"
"About three inches, plowed but not really clear, yet. Take it slow, watch for idiots think 4-wheel drive is invincible, brake carefully."
"Gotcha."
When I went down to Detroit during that storm, all the vehicles off the road were 4/all wheel drive trucks and SUVs. Driven by morons.

Coworker had a gastrointestinal event today.
While he was gone, his 5 year old son picked up the headphones and joined the Teams meeting.

We learned LOTS of stuff.

Dragons are t-rex colored.
Dinosaurs say 'ROAR!' (And you cannot pussyfoot the roar. If you say, "Dinos roar, huh," you will be corrdcted until you ROAR!)
Dinos have tails.
Big tails.
Bigger than that.
And NOT cat tails.
Yes, there wwre cat dinosaurs. They ate the dinosaur mice.
We sent a text to our supervisor, 'bet you a pizza our meeting is WAY more fun than anything happening in your boring-ass start-of-work briefing. She sadly agreed even before hearing the list of topics.
Learned that J's mic is pretty sensitive, it can pick up a mom asking 'Who you talking to, sport?' even clear out in the kitchen.

We should have timed it. Mom can move FAST at the reply, 'The meeting people.'
This makes me think that a Ratosaur probably didn't ROAR but crept around saying "here kitty, kitty, kitty".

Back
Top Bottom