• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

This is so gawdam awesome

ballon%20head.jpg

:hysterical:

And you claim to lack humor. That claim appears to just be modisty?

I generally get one or two a year. So far, this is the first one for 2014...
A sense of humor is much, much more about what you find funny than it is about witty remarks you make. I have a feeling that you find a lot of humor in everyday life, like maybe some of the ideocentricities of friends or even boners that you make yourself that you find humorous.

After several months, I still think it is hilarous that I spent several weeks building an outbuilding to store a lot of lumber in that was exposed to the weather. Well, I used over 90% of the lumber plus having to buy more that I didn't have the right size of to make the building. So there is a little lumber stored but it is now a workshop rather than the storage building it was intended to be because there is no lumber left to store - it is the building.

Damn, I love irony - one of the best forms of humor in my opinion.

Last edited:
Okay - that's hilarious!

I laugh at a lot of things, usually at myself. And my imaginary friends always find my jokes funny. I delight in puns. Mostly, however, I'm not witty myself, and I'm not generally clever. I'm not very devious - I've always been very straightforward, and literal. My family and friends find many parallels between me and the character of Temperance Brennan in Bones. Not for the astonishing intellect, but for the general lack of connectedness to current events and the awkward literalness of our approach to life. I don't mind the comparison so much... I find that character to be refreshingly straightforward and easy to understand!

Spinal Cord Stimulation Allows Completely Paralyzed Rats To Walk Again
Using electrical stimulation, scientists at the Swiss Federal Institute for Technology (EPFL) have helped paralyzed rats with severed spinal cords walk again. And it might not be too long before this promising treatment starts to help people as human trials could begin as early as next summer. The study has been published in Science Translational Medicine.

Spinal Cord Stimulation Allows Completely Paralyzed Rats To Walk Again
Using electrical stimulation, scientists at the Swiss Federal Institute for Technology (EPFL) have helped paralyzed rats with severed spinal cords walk again. And it might not be too long before this promising treatment starts to help people as human trials could begin as early as next summer. The study has been published in Science Translational Medicine.
How do rats manage to secure such great medical plans? Plans that humans can only dream about.

It looks cool on the surface but in reality homes are not the problem in that part of the world.
Can they print a toilet? or clean water system?
printing a shelter is not that useful.

Read the comments. You can see some of the conservative denial.

Aren't you concerned that the detection of date rape drugs could somehow count as oppressing and persecuting men? Or perhaps you could find a way to blame the victims for getting their drinks spiked with date rape drugs? This isn't like you, Loren. Are you feeling OK?

Not surprisingly, the feminists are not liking this new product:

"I'm appreciative that young men like want to curb sexual assault, but anything that puts the onus on women to 'discreetly' keep from being raped misses the point," writes Jessica Valenti for the Guardian.

"We should be trying to stop rape, not just individually avoid it."

Valenti argues that promoting products like Undercover Colors is not only ineffective, but also can lead to "victim-blaming," if women don't take all the suggested precautions.

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-28958365

Folks, the only solution to the rape problem is to teach men not to rape.

Folks, the only solution to the rape problem is to teach men not to rape.
And in the meantime?

Because, remember, teaching people not to be racist did not finish fast. After several generations it hasn't even tickled it. Ok, I exaggerate, but it surely isn't over nor does it look like it will end soon.

Sorry, I was being sarcastic about my "teach men not to rape" comment. It's obviously an inadequate and incomplete solution to the crime of rape.

Oh the things I would do with a 3-D printer of my own!

What would be the first thing you'd print? I'm now wondering if tap shoes can be printed out. Or mandolins.

Stellated platonic and archimedean polyhedra, to use as christmas ornaments. I'd make them out of something shiny and pretty.

What would be the first thing you'd print? I'm now wondering if tap shoes can be printed out. Or mandolins.

Stellated platonic and archimedean polyhedra, to use as christmas ornaments. I'd make them out of something shiny and pretty.

Oh, that is brilliant! :) Would you consider those to be heretical ornaments? If so, I'll take a few dozen.

Oh, that is brilliant! :) Would you consider those to be heretical ornaments? If so, I'll take a few dozen.

I consider all christmas ornaments to be heretical :D Holidays have only that meaning which we attach to them. I enjoy time off from work, trees covered in pretty lights and shiny things, time spent with friends and family, good food, and the exchanging of special gifts with loved ones. So far as I'm concerned, there's no room left in there for cosmic jewish zombies and their spectral uncle-god-brothers.

Back
Top Bottom