• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump 2024?

From The Hill

A new NBC News poll released Sunday found that 34 percent of registered voters said they have a positive view of Trump, while 54 percent say they have a negative view of him. Trump’s favorability rating was at its lowest in April 2021, when his rating fell to 32 percent in the same NBC poll.

Looks grim for the Trumpanzees.
Why did The Hill print a load of blank space?

This is what I see:

2852E4EF-18B3-4C98-9D81-69D424064117.png

I don't see how the RNC can afford not to give Donald the nomination when he decides to run again.
If they don't, the best they can hope for is that he'll run as an independent, split the GOP vote by drawing away the "batguano crazy" base, and Biden cruises into a second term.
Their worse case scenario is as above, with the extra added bonus of Donald's followers going on another rampage... this time directed at the RNC.
Yup. This.
They HAVE to let him run or forfeit the election on account of a split party.
However, He already lost that election two years ago... by as much as he won it himself 4 years prior.
NOTHING has made anyone that didn't vote for him in the past now wish to vote for him. He has only lost more votes, not gained any.
The RNC has only one way to possibly take the presidency in 2024; They have to assassinate Donald Trump, pin it on Russia or some vocally democratic retired FBI agent, and put forward a populist candidate that acts and sounds just like Trump, but with some "twist" of personality that makes him at least slightly less repulsive to at least a few key districts.
Hang on a second. If these people believe that Trump won in 2016 and again in 2020, then it follows that he isn't eligible to run again for a third term, under the term limits imposed by the 22nd Amendment.

Trump mocks DeSantis at Pennsylvania rally: 'Ron DeSanctimonious' | Fox News - "Trump is widely expected to announce his 2024 candidacy this month"
"We’re winning big in the Republican Party for the nomination like nobody’s ever seen before," Trump told a crowd in Latrobe, Pennsylvania, on Saturday night before going down the list of other Republicans who could potentially challenge him in 2024.

"There it is, Trump at 71%, Ron DeSanctimonious at 10%," Trump told the crowd while reading approval numbers of various Republicans.

"Mike Pence at 7, oh, Mike is doing better than I thought," Trump continued. "Liz Cheney there’s no way she’s at 4%. There’s no way. There’s no way. But we’re at 71 to 10 to 7 to 4."
What poll was that?
 2024 United States presidential election - the more usual numbers are Trump 50%, DeSantis 20%, Pence 10%, others around 5% each. Polls without Trump show DeSantis 35%, Pence 20%, others around 5% each, other/undecided 30%.

F-Head is expected to announce his candidacy today.
I expect it will be short and dull.
I hope it will be visionary, expansive and a declaration of the Creation of a new Party dedicated to Dictatorship.

With Trump throwing in first, will any other Republican find it within his pants to enter the ring? Whataya going to do Ron?

Well around these here parts, the last of the Trump flags came down a couple weeks back. I'll see if any go back up.

Can you nobble him somehow?
The people supporting this cunt are as much the problem as he is.

I think it is adorable, how the GOP is moving past Trump and are ready to anoint DeSantis as the chosen one... (the press is making that case too, which is just as adorable) when the GOP never put Trump ahead of the line in the first place. He managed to grasp that themselves. Trump is out when he base is too small to win primaries. The GOP has been reaping huge quantities of money from gullible Trump supporters who thought they were donating to stop the Steal, when in fact, they were just helping pay Trump's legal bills and whatever else the GOP wanted to spend it on.

And now the GOP is saying it is over... but they only get one vote in the booth each, the same as the MAGA fools.

The GOP wants to "move on", but what does their angry mob base want.

Smart money says they’re STOOPID and they want Trump.
Also, smart Dems want Trump too. Guaranteed LOSER.
Now that Dems know how to perfectly cheat in elections does it really matter who runs for the GOP??

This is misleading. As I understand it, she didn’t say she didn’t support him just that she wouldn’t support him in the political arena, in that she would as a family member but not by taking part in campaigning.

I'm old young enough to remember when the left very definitely did worship monstrous tyrants. And still today the left will indignantly extenuate wrongdoing by anyone who can plausibly brand themself as a victim of some injustice of which the left approves.
FIFY (just like I am young enough to remember)

"To paraphrase Voltaire after he attended an orgy, once was an experiment, twice would be perverse." - The National Review

This is misleading. As I understand it, she didn’t say she didn’t support him just that she wouldn’t support him in the political arena, in that she would as a family member but not by taking part in campaigning.

So, she'll just be getting paid a small salary from the campaign then for "consulting".

The funny thing, Trump doesn't even get the nomination, he still enriches his corporation, while it still exists, tens of millions of his supporters dollars. Really, win-win for him. His supporters continue to support his company because they are so politically lost to not understand they are being fleeced.

Reactions: jab
Smart money says they’re STOOPID and they want Trump.
Also, smart Dems want Trump too. Guaranteed LOSER.
Now that Dems know how to perfectly cheat in elections does it really matter who runs for the GOP??
Yes, if Trump runs the Dems will steal the election by tricking people into voting for their candidate. Again.
But look out for Trump in ‘28.
And ’32.
And ‘36.
Long live Trump. I hope he lives to 120yo, and loses every four years for the entire duration.

Back
Top Bottom