• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

TRUMP DECLARES HIMSELF ENEMY OF THE UNITED STATES

I think the problem these days is that people have picked up on the message of "fascist = bad", but the appeals of fascist philosophy have never gone away. The ideas of strength in uniformity and the purging of the externalized internal will always appeal to a huge portion of the population, no matter how many different names you call them by.

Last edited:
I think it works better by saying ...but he's not afraid to challenge the establishment.

I think the problem these days is that people have picked up on the message of "fascist = bad", but the appeals of fascist philosophy have never gone away. The ideas of strength in uniformity and the purging of the externalized internal will always appeal to a huge portion of the population, no matter how many different names you call them by.
Add to that that most people have zero clue what fascism actually means, and so have no idea that they are subscribing to it, nor that their political philosophy is in any way shameful or disproven...

...which neatly summarises this entire thread.

There's way to speak "Truth to Power" quite so effectively as declaring yourself to have dictatorial powers unchecked by the law.

Because then you define the Truths through which Power is distributed. Nice and tidy.

I did not want him to run again anymore than you did. He is far too old, has too many serious charactor flaws, and is far too devisive to accomplish anything useful at this point.

That being said, our government does need fixed badly and it can't ever happen in the existing power structure in place at this point. Not without some kind of political revolution.....not without another Trump or another person willing to take on an entrenched state with corporate backed interests, etc. What would have been really nice is for another Trump like revoltionary figure who was black and female so those distractions could have been taken completely off the table. Kenya West seemed pretty crazy even by Alex Jones standards, but I can actually kind of see where he is going....
Beware--history shows that revolution against the local government (not merely a colonial government) typically has a very bad outcome for the people unless the existing government was truly horrible.

America isn't at that state yet--thus the expected result is jumping from the frying pan to the fire.

And January 6th was NOT an insurection even if you want to pretend Trump had complete control over it. January 6th was a riot at the capital. AFAIK, no people were violently harmed except the rioters themselves. If January 6th represents the most violence we would need to see in order to fix our deeply flawed government we would actually be better off for it.
It most certainly was an insurrection. It was an attempt to disrupt the process by which the President is selected so that it would go to the fallback procedure of one state one vote and thus change the outcome of the election.

An attempt to change the head of state by force is an insurrection in my book.

I'm honestly confused. Since no one has posted what Trump actually wrote I will. Here it is:

"
Do you throw the Presidential Election Results of 2020 OUT and declare the RIGHTFUL WINNER, or do you have a NEW ELECTION? A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,” Trump wrote in a post on the social network Truth Social and accused “Big Tech” of working closely with Democrats. “Our great ‘Founders’ did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!”

When do we see that in the OP? When did I say any of this? When did anyone else link to this or quote any of this in the thread? How do I get accused of wasting time when I was not the OP who did not even link to the above quote which is actually the facts of what was actually said? What did Mr. Trumps quote have to do with the fact him being a private citizen?

And the rightful winner was Biden. The Republicans didn't manage to cheat enough to steal the election.

He's just asking for a do-over because he lost.

Under a regime of fascism, official narratives are constructed, and any dissent, regardless of how factual, is dismissed as “misinformation.” For example, twitter, google, and facebook. It is the over-riding of citizens’ values and opinions by powerful groups in control of governing. The fascism of ignoring and suppression of popular opinion (see the twitter files).
Which is exactly what the Republicans have been doing.

Yes, the flag hugging liar who swore to defend the Constitution has declared that "all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution" should be terminated, so that he can be installed as dictator.
Personally I feel that he should be locked up today, just as we would lock up anyone else who has attacked the United States and declares their intent to do so again.
I understand that because he is impotent this is simple bombast, but in the greater interest I think he should be declared an enemy of the State and treated as such.
Obviously the man is delusional, and like the crazy guy on the streecorner, he thinks he's Napoleon. He has convinced himself that he is the rightful Ruler of the Land, and is surrounded by so many sycophants that he thinks everyone else (or at least, a super majority) agrees that he is King. His animal instinct tells him (correctly) that "they" are trying to corner and kill him, and as the walls close in he will be calling for every more specific treasonous acts to be committed for his benefit.
Let's do the Republican party a YUUUUUGE favor and put that dirtbag away NOW!
Site? What actually did he say?

Oh....I forgot this is a liberal OP. So no actual statement or link to a statement is needed. Just your own opinion is good enough for the clapping seals since its about Trump. To hell with knowing what actually was said.
"Interesting" when the quote was provided "someone" got REAL quiet and ran away. and by "interesting" i mean "a dishonest cult member".
What quote was that? I still haven't actually seen anywhere in this thread what he actually said. Ive seen a lot of opinions and links to other sites giving partial quotes and their opinions however.

I know this is a complete waste of time on my part, but here is a screenshot of his actual complete post on Truth Social:

FjFbrFlWIAIOa9X.jpg

The simple truth is that his post started with a complete lie; there has never been any proof of fraud or deception involving "big tech, DNC, and the Democratic Party". Plus what he was referring to had nothing to do with the elections; it was in regard to the Hunter Biden laptop reporting which went under moderation on Twitter due to concerns about violation of their hacked materials policy.

Stretching that to include his repeated claims of election fraud is a reach, even for him. One thing has nothing to do with the other. And to be blunt, I don't want anyone in office who is willing to "terminate" anything in the Constitution without so much as a vote of the people.

Ruth

And that Truth Social post was in response to the Twitter Files which lacked actually exposing a scandal.

Here is The Onions' take on The Twitter Files. The best reflection:
The Onion said:
The Extensive Evidence Detailing The Biden Family’s Corruption Must Be In The Next One
But I've got to say, 24,000 likes and 9,000 reposts. How cute.

Back
Top Bottom