• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump falls!! Hurt too

Missing from 200 meters with an AR-15 is... Anyone with more than a day's worth of target practice, with a target that big, is either ridiculously unskilled or wasn't shooting at that target.
Are you speaking from experience with that weapon at that distance? My experience with anything bigger than a .22 was one evening with some friends who were sighting in their hunting rifles. Only one of the five was able to hit a target that size at that distance with any reliability.

I would estimate with training should be able to hit the target half the time. But there were probably factors like his glasses, not military grade eyeware, just Trump's upper portion in view, bad angle of his position to avoid counter sniper, small window of time, etc...who knows really.
Yes, I’d say there are more than enough unknowns to refute a claim that someone who missed him must have been aiming elsewhere.
On a day without rain in my aperture, with ironsights, at a range of 200 meters, I could hit a popup target as well exposed from that angle at better than 85% of the time after a three days of shooting practice, 90+ if prone.

With a well dialed scope, practicing shooting every day, I could hit that target 99+% at that distance without windage flags with a M16, especially if the scope had a range finder that I could practice with. 500 meters is where it would get really iffy.

I have had standard military marksmanship training. The last time I had an AR-15 style rifle (an actual m16-a2) in my hands was in 2010, and the last time I handled a weapon was in 2013 or 2014? I went shooting at a range with my hillbilly friend (he identifies as such; he's literally from the Carolina countryside, from a family of moonshiners), but that was handguns and a rifle, not ironsights.

The shooter had a ammosexual YouTube channel, shot every day, and counted himself a gun afficionado.

Assuming the gun nut knew to teach himself how to shoot and where to shoot, he should not have missed. That was a pretty close shot for that rifle, unless he was using ironsights, which I doubt.

As an aside, and a curiosity — maybe someone has already mentioned this; I haven’t read the whole thread — this is not the first time an ex-president running to return to the presidency has been shot during a campaign rally. The first was Theodore Roosevelt in 1912, though he was running on a third-party ticket, the Bull Moose. TR shrugged it off and finished his speech, and then was taken to the hospital.

America has a long history of political violence. The first assassination attempt on a president was against Andrew Jackson. The guy’s gun misfired.

Missing from 200 meters with an AR-15 is... Anyone with more than a day's worth of target practice, with a target that big, is either ridiculously unskilled or wasn't shooting at that target.
Are you speaking from experience with that weapon at that distance? My experience with anything bigger than a .22 was one evening with some friends who were sighting in their hunting rifles. Only one of the five was able to hit a target that size at that distance with any reliability.

I would estimate with training should be able to hit the target half the time. But there were probably factors like his glasses, not military grade eyeware, just Trump's upper portion in view, bad angle of his position to avoid counter sniper, small window of time, etc...who knows really.
Yes, I’d say there are more than enough unknowns to refute a claim that someone who missed him must have been aiming elsewhere.
On a day without rain in my aperture, with ironsights, at a range of 200 meters, I could hit a popup target as well exposed from that angle at better than 85% of the time after a three days of shooting practice, 90+ if prone.

With a well dialed scope, practicing shooting every day, I could hit that target 99+% at that distance without windage flags with a M16, especially if the scope had a range finder that I could practice with. 500 meters is where it would get really iffy.

I have had standard military marksmanship training. The last time I had an AR-15 style rifle (an actual m16-a2) in my hands was in 2010, and the last time I handled a weapon was in 2013 or 2014? I went shooting at a range with my hillbilly friend (he identifies as such; he's literally from the Carolina countryside, from a family of moonshiners), but that was handguns and a rifle, not ironsights.

The shooter had a ammosexual YouTube channel, shot every day, and counted himself a gun afficionado.

Assuming the gun nut knew to teach himself how to shoot and where to shoot, he should not have missed. That was a pretty close shot for that rifle, unless he was using ironsights, which I doubt.
Professional golfers miss 5 ft putts.

The reason I don't think it's a false flag is because Trump is such a snivelling coward I can't imagine him knowingly and willingly put himself at risk like this.
I don't think this is false flag. That doesn't mean it wasn't a setup, though. We have a major security failure despite the Secret Service being there. They could see the roof because they promptly killed the shooter.

Suppose it's a real assassin, but law enforcement became aware of his intentions. He was allowed to "shoot" but with a sabotaged weapon. The blood is from something else.

My statement was related to hundreds of yards for the shot which limits the shooter pool. Also I indicated the military isn't a bastion of liberals. We know more now, so we know it isn't relevant.
It's nothing beyond what's common in hunting. And the tool for the job is a hunting rifle.

The reason I don't think it's a false flag is because Trump is such a snivelling coward I can't imagine him knowingly and willingly put himself at risk like this.
I don't think this is false flag. That doesn't mean it wasn't a setup, though. We have a major security failure despite the Secret Service being there. They could see the roof because they promptly killed the shooter.

Suppose it's a real assassin, but law enforcement became aware of his intentions. He was allowed to "shoot" but with a sabotaged weapon. The blood is from something else.
You are suggesting that the authorities snuck onto his house and sabotaged his weapon? How many guns were in the house? How did they know which one he would use? And the authorities let him climb the building with lots of the public around who might do or say something?
Very risky of the autoritaires. Too many variables.
The idea of a lone idiotic gunman is far more plausible if we assume Occam's razor might apply.

I saw one of the best golfers in the world literally whiff a tap-in, costing him a chance to win the British Open. A kid doing something that must have known would probably cost him his life was probably ill-equipped to handle the situation in a way that would give him a decent chance to succeed.

Good grief. Some of these posts sound as nutty as the right wing conspiracy theories. And, btw, Trump has claimed that he turned his head at the same time the bullet was shot. Trump is now saying it was a miracle or something like that.

I'm not going to look for the article right now, but there have been so many nutty liberals posting conspiracy theories on social media that the term "Blueanon" is becoming a meme. Are Democrats trying to compete with the MAGAs by making up and believing crazy shit? I thought we were smarter than that, but it looks like I may be wrong. :(

Good grief. Some of these posts sound as nutty as the right wing conspiracy theories. And, btw, Trump has claimed that he turned his head at the same time the bullet was shot. Trump is now saying it was a miracle or something like that.

I'm not going to look for the article right now, but there have been so many nutty liberals posting conspiracy theories on social media that the term "Blueanon" is becoming a meme. Are Democrats trying to compete with the MAGAs by making up and believing crazy shit? I thought we were smarter than that, but it looks like I may be wrong. :(
I ran out of CT fodder an hour so into the incident.

As I noted very early on, Trump acted like a person that had something sudden happen to him. If this was faked, it was a brilliant performance. But we know it wasn't.

My guess is he knew cops were on his tail and he didn't take the time to shoot accurately plus nerves. Or the gun just hadn't been sighted in properly.

Considering his luck with the courts and the SC and now this, Trump has got to be the luckiest mother fucker on the planet.

Of course, this was a different situation. There's apparently a video where you can hear several audience members shouting "He's got a gun!" when the shooter had climbed upon the roof, but how did no one notice that he had it before he managed to get up there?
Looking from the land down under I am not surprised that the chap was able to to the top of the building with a gun.
You have so many people wandering around with guns all the time. It would have looked normal.

On an unrelated issue - why do you yanks hate each other so much?
Short answer - Rush Limbaugh.

You are suggesting that the authorities snuck onto his house and sabotaged his weapon? How many guns were in the house? How did they know which one he would use? And the authorities let him climb the building with lots of the public around who might do or say something?
Very risky of the autoritaires. Too many variables.
The idea of a lone idiotic gunman is far more plausible if we assume Occam's razor might apply.
Note that I am assuming an idiotic lone gunman, just one not good at operational security.

And if things don't go right he's intercepted, or taken out by the Secret Service when he's seen with the rifle.

The alternative is an epic blunder by the Secret Service.

My guess is he knew cops were on his tail and he didn't take the time to shoot accurately plus nerves. Or the gun just hadn't been sighted in properly.
Yeah, he very well could have missed because he was rushed. He had just chased off a cop and knew he didn't have much time. That part doesn't bother me, what bothers me is how he got that far in the first place.

Of course, this was a different situation. There's apparently a video where you can hear several audience members shouting "He's got a gun!" when the shooter had climbed upon the roof, but how did no one notice that he had it before he managed to get up there?
Looking from the land down under I am not surprised that the chap was able to to the top of the building with a gun.
You have so many people wandering around with guns all the time. It would have looked normal.

So one man caused all the hatred? He must have had magical powers. Good job he is dead then.

So one man caused all the hatred? He must have had magical powers. Good job he is dead then.
Yes, no and yes respectively. The guy literally invented the format for US AM radio in such a way that would make Alan Jones self combust with envy.

And despite the fact it's good the cunt is dead, he left behind enough disciples that his legacy lives on magnified. Head on over to the states and listen to their AM stations - it's basically what the Taliban would sound like if they grew up in Hollywood. And it's not an exaggeration to trace it back to Limbaugh.

Back
Top Bottom