• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump falls!! Hurt too

Man, I thought Alex Jones was the king of conspiracy theories. Some of you are not far behind.

I think some have gone past Alex Jones.
You musn't be familiar with Alex Jones.

So the right wing spreads all kinds of batshit insane conspiracy theories, but the one time some leftists do it they're suddenly "crazier than Alex Jones". Uh huh.
Generally it is easier to ask questions very early on. It is whether you listen to the answers that determines if you are a CT'er.

The shooter was no left-winger, and this is going to blunt Trump's use of the incident to promote his campaign. The father of the shooter bought the AR-15 style weapon about 6 months ago and is a registered Libertarian. His wife is a registered Democrat, but his son (the shooter) and daughter are registered Republicans. The shooter was wearing a T-shirt from DemolitionRanch. Draw your own conclusions.

From a friend:

I am shocked by the news today. This is a sad day for our country. He is a great man who has helped many Americans. RIP Richard Simmons.

The shooter was no left-winger, and this is going to blunt Trump's use of the incident to promote his campaign. The father of the shooter bought the AR-15 style weapon about 6 months ago and is a registered Libertarian. His wife is a registered Democrat, but his son (the shooter) and daughter are registered Republicans. The shooter was wearing a T-shirt from DemolitionRanch. Draw your own conclusions.

So we've got several ideologies involved if you include the rest of the family. Also the shooter went two ways on his political activity, registering Republican but donating Progressive.

I guess at this point all we can home for is evidence of his motive.

So we've got several ideologies involved if you include the rest of the family. Also the shooter went two ways on his political activity, registering Republican but donating Progressive.

Very impressive progressive credentials that I overlooked: at the age of 17, he donated $15 to the Democratic ActBlue action committee. :rolleyes: He later registered to vote as a Republican, as did his sister. If the slogan on his T-shirt meant anything, it was that he was a gun-fetishist. It isn't possible to conclude anything for certain about his motives, but it is absurd to think that he was some kind of progressive or leftist, most of whom oppose unrestricted gun ownership and legal ownership of assault weapons. :feeling_lucky:

it is absurd to think that he was some kind of leftist, most of whom oppose unrestricted gun ownership.
It makes sense that he was a leftist lib'rul commie. If he was a trumpsucker his aim would have been better; he'd have had more practice.

it is absurd to think that he was some kind of leftist, most of whom oppose unrestricted gun ownership.
I bet if he was a trumpsucker his aim would have been better; he'd have had more practice.

He nearly took off Donald Trump's ear, so I'd say he had some practice with that weapon.

I bet if he was a trumpsucker his aim would have been better; he'd have had more practice.

He nearly took off Donald Trump's ear, so I'd say he had some practice with that weapon.
I have had less than 250 rounds of practice with a scoped AR (and less than 50 rounds at 100yds plus). I'd bet the farm I could hit a head at 150 yds, especially one as fat as Cheato's. He probably never sighted the rifle at the anticipated distance, so props for getting the elevation close.

Very impressive progressive credentials that I overlooked: at the age of 17, he donated $15 to the Democratic ActBlue action committee. :rolleyes: He later registered to vote as a Republican, as did his sister. If the slogan on his T-shirt meant anything, it was that he was a gun-fetishist. It isn't possible to conclude anything for certain about his motives, but it is absurd to think that he was some kind of progressive or leftist, most of whom oppose unrestricted gun ownership and legal ownership of assault weapons. :feeling_lucky:
Very impressive credentials, he also checked a box on a form. You know how difficult that is.

Not all leftists or progressives are insane with regards to firearms. Some even own and practice with firearms. Some even respect the 2nd Amendment. Saying "he liked guns" simply means he didn't hate and fear guns the way some radical idiots on the left do.

Say what you will about the liberal wing, but we do not worship monsters.

Mass murderer Che Guevara still has plenty of admirers in the ranks of right on liberals.
And slave raper Thomas Jefferson. There's an exception to every rule.
Very few people who are old enough to know who Che Guevara was still admire him.

Loads of young people are actively engaged by the use of his most famous image as a brand; I rather suspect that Che would have been quite upset to know that his greatest and longest-lived legacy would be in support of capitalists selling tat to oblivious bourgeois American kids.

The revolutionary fad died forty years ago, and admiration of Guevara, Mao, and Trotsky, as symbols of that fad, died with it.

How many revolutionary communists does it take to change a light bulb?

The light bulb cannot be changed, comrades; It must be smashed!

Loads of young people are actively engaged by the use of his most famous image as a brand; I rather suspect that Che would have been quite upset to know that his greatest and longest-lived legacy would be in support of capitalists selling tat to oblivious bourgeois American kids.
Who wanted to offend their liberal parents by going further left....

Very impressive credentials, he also checked a box on a form. You know how difficult that is.

Not all leftists or progressives are insane with regards to firearms. Some even own and practice with firearms. Some even respect the 2nd Amendment. Saying "he liked guns" simply means he didn't hate and fear guns the way some radical idiots on the left do.

Jason, pay attention. Thomas Crooks' dad was a registered Libertarian and had legally purchased the gun that his son used. IOW, if you are looking to brand this as an act inspired by political ideology, this one came from your clubhouse. The shooter was wearing a T-shirt with the logo from a radical pro-gun YouTube site, not a Che Guevara T-shirt.

I'll gift another article from the NYTImes that gives lots of information. For one, the shooter got the gun, most likely from his father, but it's not known if he took it without permission or not. He has a clean background check, no history of mental illness, no association with the military, and his political beliefs are unknown. That was made obvious in the link I posted from WaPo, which said the he took an advanced placement course in political history ( I think it was called ) and he liked to discuss the differences between the two parties. One interesting thing in the other article linked previously was that his teacher gave them an assignment discussing the assassination of JFK and asked them what did they think about it.

I do wonder, considering his age, if he was in the throws of a mental illness like schizophrenia, as it's most often diagnosed during the late teens or early 20s. The symptoms may have been in his head and not revealed until this act of violence. Of course, I could be wrong, but to me, something like that seems like the most likely explanation for his behavior.

Of course, some idiots on social media are saying this was a plot by Biden and Hillary Clinton. :rolleyes: There is currently no evidence that anyone else was involved. So far, they can't find any evidence that he posted on social media. Anyway, if anyone is interested in a news source that actually gives some evidence, I'm going to add the link to the NYTImes.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2024/0...e_code=1.7E0.OCT3.9gdOdHh3sa6P&smid=url-share

Back
Top Bottom