• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump falls!! Hurt too

He’s been identified at Ryan Wesley Routh. 58 year old white guy, originally from North Carolina. Appears to have made a lot of anti Trump and Pro Harris posts on social media, but I can’t find his Facebook page - I suspect it’s been hidden and frozen by FB immediately.

His LinkedIn profile says he lives in Kaawa Hawaii and builds structures for homeless people.
He is pro-Ukraine too. Basically, he can be one of the guys from this forum.

Last edited:
He’s been identified at Ryan Wesley Routh. 58 year old white guy, originally from North Carolina. Appears to have made a lot of anti Trump and Pro Harris posts on social media, but I can’t find his Facebook page - I suspect it’s been hidden and frozen by FB immediately.

His LinkedIn profile says he lives in Kaawa Hawaii and builds structures for homeless people.
He is pro-Ukraine too. Basically, he can be one of the guys from this forum.

Well, I know it’s not Elixir. And not me either as I doubt I would be posting here if I were in Jail. We’ll just have to see who stopped posting after this.

I know it’s not Elixir
I’m a Coloradan (for 52 years). That guy was from NC. Too bad. NC is going to be close and we could have used that guy’s vote.
Also, I wouldn’t have thought it feasible to simply sneak up on a USSS protectee and shoot them.
Other than that I’m sure he’s like my brother from another mother. 🙄

Last edited:
The reporting said a candidate does not get the same level of protection as a sitting president.

Hunting rifles are 200-300 yards. Two to tree football fields..

Sniper rifles are out to 1000 yards.

The semi auto civilian AR 15 600 yards.

Maybe Trump will have a come to Jesus moment and become a nice guy...

I think it is AP that had him as building sheds in Hawaii and a one time supporter of Tulsi Gabbard.

I can't imagine it is easy for Secret Service to protect someone on a golf course. From the photos, the line on trees and tall hedgerow provides good cover.

I think it is AP that had him as building sheds in Hawaii and a one time supporter of Tulsi Gabbard.

I can't imagine it is easy for Secret Service to protect someone on a golf course. From the photos, the line on trees and tall hedgerow provides good cover.
I heard he was advised not to do open air rallies. Maybe he will stop playing golf.
Am I bad if I hope he does 18 holes every day?

Yes. I want the guy out of politics forever. I don't want a hair on his body harmed by another person. That is how democracies are weakened.

Well according to the gun nut crowd, all they have to do is appoint a resource officer and shore up security at the front door. If that's good enough to stop school shootings, it should be more than enough to protect the former guy's golf course.

• Haha
Reactions: SLD
Yes. I want the guy out of politics forever. I don't want a hair on his body harmed by another person. That is how democracies are weakened.

This. Murder is wrong, every time, for a lot of independently valid reasons. And asssassination of a political figure weakens society as a whole in a very immediate way. Protect that man so he can be trounced at the ballot box.

I'm a little surprised that there wasn't anyone who detected this on the outside, and it was security on the interior that did. And while Trump is only a candidate, he is a former President, so he has much more security than average. I suppose maybe the effort was so brazen, it was unanticipated.

Sniper rifles are out to 1000 yards.
Uh …
From mil.com:

the top five longest-distance confirmed sniper kills all came from shots fired at more than a mile away, with the top two coming in from more than two miles away.

We just have really shitty marksmen here in the world’s gun Capitol.

This. Murder is wrong, every time, for a lot of independently valid reasons. And asssassination of a political figure weakens society as a whole in a very immediate way. Protect that man so he can be trounced at the ballot box.
Right. Then, once he is trounced …
😃

Reactions: SLD

I’m trying to think of a place that would make it more difficult than a golf course to protect someone, and I’m coming up empty. An average course has a perimeter of about two miles. There are often plenty of places to hide, and clear views for hundreds of yards. It’s a security nightmare. You should also be flying a drone over the entire acreage to look for heat signatures, in case someone snuck in overnight.

Right. Then, once he is trounced …
😃
Prison. Let him die there of natural causes.

So the shooter voted for Trump... maybe twice? According to Social Media, he supported Trump, then switched to a bigger jerk, then seemed to become a never Trumper.

I’m trying to think of a place that would make it more difficult than a golf course to protect someone, and I’m coming up empty. An average course has a perimeter of about two miles. There are often plenty of places to hide, and clear views for hundreds of yards. It’s a security nightmare. You should also be flying a drone over the entire acreage to look for heat signatures, in case someone snuck in overnight.
Now I'm hearing golf commentators. This is a tough 420 yd par 4 with a dog leg to the left that is protected by a pair of sand bunkers to either side. It is common to lay up just to the dog leg, which requires a longer iron shot, but it helps the golfer remain outside of potential sniper fire.

Interesting point brought up on this morning's news was did the assassin know Trump would be there (inside knowledge) playing golf at that course at that time or did he just know Trump was in town and likely to be playing golf and able to lie in wait for an extended period of time?
Probably Trump's own big mouth on Truth Social.

Also, were Trump still the president, the perimeter roads would have been shut down. Not so for former presidents

There’s also the water hazards. A guy in SCUBA gear could pop out of one of those, if the gators don’t get him first.

Meanwhile, if this was the other way around, Trump's lawyers would be delaying legal proceedings so the shooter could vote in the General Election.

Trump would also react, 'I hadn't heard about her being shot at, that is what you are saying and I'll need to look into it and release a statement later.'

Back
Top Bottom