• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump falls!! Hurt too

Well, I was recently accused of fomenting armed rebellion. But I'm a terrible shot with a firearm, or at least I was the last time I picked up one of the cursed things. Twelve, maybe? The habit didn't take, despite the best efforts of the BSA to impress it on me.
I grew up around guns. My father was an avid (if not always successful) hunter, but my brother is better, and often comes out of deer season with a bunch of venison.

Me? Not so much. I know how to safely handle a firearm (due to an NRA-sponsored gun safety course), but I don't own any, because I'm also a terrible shot.
That[s what shotguns are for.

Well, I was recently accused of fomenting armed rebellion. But I'm a terrible shot with a firearm, or at least I was the last time I picked up one of the cursed things. Twelve, maybe? The habit didn't take, despite the best efforts of the BSA to impress it on me. Its funny how in America we do our damnedest to turn young men into efficient, remorseless killers, then feign surprise every time an adult man goes off the deep end and tries a bullet-based solution on a talking problem.
The BSA taught me gun safety before letting me anywhere near the range. And the thought of me posing as an efficient, remorseless killer has my wife asking why I'm LOL'ing, even though I was a good shot.

The guy not have gotten caught if he just acted like 94% of all gun criminals, and used a handgun. It was that long barrel that gave him away. Ask Derec.

Well, I was recently accused of fomenting armed rebellion. But I'm a terrible shot with a firearm, or at least I was the last time I picked up one of the cursed things. Twelve, maybe? The habit didn't take, despite the best efforts of the BSA to impress it on me. Its funny how in America we do our damnedest to turn young men into efficient, remorseless killers, then feign surprise every time an adult man goes off the deep end and tries a bullet-based solution on a talking problem.
The BSA taught me gun safety before letting me anywhere near the range. And the thought of me posing as an efficient, remorseless killer has my wife asking why I'm LOL'ing, even though I was a good shot.
Need to send my brother-in-law to get some of that training. A couple months ago he's showing me his new 9mm pistol. While doing so, he cleared the action while the weapon was pointed at my leg. I don't know much about guns but I know that was pretty fucking stupid. I let him have it over that.

Need to send my brother-in-law to get some of that training. A couple months ago he's showing me his new 9mm pistol. While doing so, he cleared the action while the weapon was pointed at my leg. I don't know much about guns but I know that was pretty fucking stupid. I let him have it over that.
I worked for a company with lots of armed employees in the field. They have annual shooting tournaments. One of my work buddies invited me to join him when he practiced; he also said, bring the kids (then ages 17 and 19). He told me our national firearms instructor would be there to work with them. Sold.

So now they can handle pistols and rifles safely, and use them properly if necessary, even though they have no intention of owning one.

Trump and MAGA blaming the left and the media for this climate of political violence is the ultimate gaslighting. Trump has a disturbing history of supporting political violence and not condemning it when it happens from his supporters that is in no way comparable to Kamala Harris or Joe Biden, who speak out and condemn it when it happens on their side. J6, Paul Pelosi, Proud Boys, Charlottesville, among others, and encouraging it with his extreme and hateful rhetoric against immigrants and his political opponents (that they have destroyed the country and are evil, and spreading endless lies, conspiracies, and made up stories to stoke up the fear and anger of his most deranged supporters to the max).

The way he talks about and lies about immigrants is some of the most despicable rhetoric and comes straight out of White Nationalist talking points.

And then when we speak honestly about the things he is doing, drawing concern and attention to it and asking him to please stop, we're the ones at fault?

Wake up MAGA, he is the problem!

Last edited:
Why does the Secret service seem be not particularly concerned if Trump lives or dies?
1 attempt is bad enough but 2 looks likes carelessness or worse.

Why does the Secret service seem be not particularly concerned if Trump lives or dies?

They’ve kept the apricot from being picked off twice in about as many months. It’s not the fault of USSS that Trump wanted crazy people to have guns and now his own crazy voters are shooting at him.

The easy solution is lock him up.

They’ve kept the apricot from being picked off twice in about as many months. It’s not the fault of USSS that Trump wanted crazy people to have guns and now his own crazy voters are shooting at him.
There are far more people than Trump is the US who want crazy people to have guns it seems.
Would he be safe in prison? I am sure that your prisons would have killings within.

Trump and MAGA blaming the left and the media for this climate of political violence is the ultimate gaslighting.

There are crazy people of every stripe out there who just do crazy things because they are just crazy. But this constant drone of how Trump is a threat to democracy, how Trump is Hitler etc etc has perhaps given a few crazies something to focus on.

The first was incompetence. The second was on the idiot who wants to spend four hours a day in what may as well be a shooting gallery.

There are far more people than Trump is the US who want crazy people to have guns it seems.
Would he be safe in prison? I am sure that your prisons would have killings within.
Then it's a great argument for Republicans to pass some prison reform laws.

Trump and MAGA blaming the left and the media for this climate of political violence is the ultimate gaslighting.

There are crazy people of every stripe out there who just do crazy things because they are just crazy. But this constant drone of how Trump is a threat to democracy, how Trump is Hitler etc etc has perhaps given a few crazies something to focus on.
Trump's threat to our democracy is based on the riot he incited after he failed take any election fraud claims to court (knowing they were all false). That is on Trump, not anyone else. People reminding other people that Trump did that isn't inciting anything but memory.

When Trump was targeted the first time, he was lying about caravans and hordes of illegal immigrants. His and Vance's claims about Springfield have led to school closures in Springfield. To hear people complaining about inciting violence against Trump is the zenith of tone deafness.

The first was incompetence. The second was on the idiot who wants to spend four hours a day in what may as well be a shooting gallery.
Indeed. The guy didn't get a shot off. That implies that the Secret Service were paying very good attention to small details!

He signed the legislation.
It wouldn't be likely that he'd be in a normal prison to begin with. Heck, housing him in a Motel 6 probably would be sufficient.

Trump's threat to our democracy is based on the{snip}

🥱

When Trump was targeted the first time, he was lying about caravans and hordes of illegal immigrants. His and Vance's claims about Springfield have led to school closures in Springfield. To hear people complaining about inciting violence against Trump is the zenith of tone deafness.

The school closures were hoax bomb threats, most (possibly all) of the threats came from outside the USA.

Trump being a threat to democracy is accurate political criticism. Was the Big Lie and fake elector scheme leading up to J6 just a myth to you?

When did Joe Biden, Kamala Harris or Tim Walz call Trump Hitler?

What prominent Democrat in a leadership position has done so?

I know someone who did: JD Vance.

Trump is held to a higher standard than some random person on social media or political commentator. He is the presidential nominee for the Republician party!

Last edited:

Perhaps you are right. After all, look what 2 months of yelling about a stolen election drove lots of crazies to do on Jan. 6.

Back
Top Bottom