• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump in One-on-One Debates?

There were no rational points in your earlier post to counter, so your recent post is self-referential.

Funny how Randian Libbertroids all consider themselves ultimate arbiters of "rationality". Maybe they actually are its most objective observers, since they are totally separate from it.

When there are live debates, the candidates each get a certain number of personal invitations. That is why, when Trump debated Hillary, the front row had several of the women Bill had assaulted. That debate had Hillary's best overall debate performance, and yet she was completely overshadowed by the images of Bill looking over at them, not happy at all.

If Biden and Trump have a live debate, what are the odds that one of Trumps invites would be Tara Reade? Sitting right there in the front row where Biden can see her...

Somehow not only do I think it isn't quite equivalent, I think Trump would enjoy that.

Not equivalent, but i doubt Bonespurs would enjoy it. The coward hates confrontation and avoids people who sue him, people he's firing, people who've talked nasty about him.
I'd dress Stormy with a toadstool-shaped pin.

Desperate Donnie wants more debates.

Trump campaign makes pitch for fourth debate with Biden amid declining poll numbers - Wapo

Though maybe instead of debates, they should compete in taking mental cognition tests or perhaps racing down a gentle ramp and taking a drink of water.

I really, really,really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY don't won't to sound like a certain other Australian poster, but Biden isn't exactly a shoe-in for mental cognition tests either.

And by certain other Australian poster, I mean bilby. I could never pull off his Queenslander idioms.

I haven't heard a lot of long statements from Joe recently, but when I do hear him speak, his voice trails off a bit into wispiness at the end of every sentence. It's not a vigorous sound. That and the wizened face do not compare well with Trump's tanned face (which looks a bit like chicken that's been brushed with orange sauce) and torrents of speech. The words come flying out of Trump with heavy beats on each sarcastic hook. I'm not saying Trump makes any sense -- he speaks the most incredible blend of lies, abuse, and delusional conspiracy theories that we've ever heard at a national level. I'm saying that in the superficial judgments of appearance and presentation -- and the decidedly relevant judgments on health and stamina -- Trump thinks he will blow Joe away. Ever since Kennedy/Nixon, the country has fixated on the cosmetic qualities of candidates. I wish I felt easier about Biden's energy, sound, and appearance, but I don't. His veep pick is crucial, and his staff better makes sure he's rested and not blowing his larynx out. I believe we're going to see a close election, and it's a gnawing feeling that will only get stronger. We've got to drag Pappy over the finish line.

... REALLY don't won't to sound like a certain other Australian poster, but Biden isn't exactly a shoe-in for mental cognition tests either.
And by certain other Australian poster, I mean bilby.

No worries, mate. I'd bet a significant amount that bilby knows that the expression is "shoo-in", not "shoe-in". :D

Biden better watch out, Trump is training for the water drinking event, and this devotee is impressed.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/DeAnna4Congress/status/1274522762502160386[/TWEET]

Fuck yeah!

Well, now we know he's the Chosen One. BTW, if you were kicking back Adderall (and boosting your circulation) and hydroxychloroquine (can make you irritable -- oops, skip it -- with Trump, there's no way to measure this) on top of, probably, a Big Mac and fries for a carb explosion, you too could probably wrap your paw around that glass and show it what's what. Jesus Christ, are there really people drawing breath in my country who think Trump is the best anything?

Well, now we know he's the Chosen One. BTW, if you were kicking back Adderall (and boosting your circulation) and hydroxychloroquine (can make you irritable -- oops, skip it -- with Trump, there's no way to measure this) on top of, probably, a Big Mac and fries for a carb explosion, you too could probably wrap your paw around that glass and show it what's what. Jesus Christ, are there really people drawing breath in my country who think Trump is the best anything?

Have you been watching people much? Those overweight, broken down, arthritic, white, jello-eating, take-a-handful-of-different-meds-everyday, boost-and-ensure-drinking admirers are looking at superman. Most of them couldn't walk down a ramp to save their life.

Trump recounted, again, the traumatizing ramp ordeal.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/FindAClearTruth/status/1274560910573465600?s=20[/TWEET]

Watch to end to see Biden attacked by the same ramp.

Fact check: Trump falsely claims Biden, who has committed to the debates, is trying to get out of debating

I know, this is SO last week and I don't want to belabor it. Much. But hey - did someone predict that Trump would try to weasel out of one-on-one debates and claim it was because Biden wanted out?

Yes, I think that was predicted quite some time back.

President Donald Trump falsely claimed again on Thursday that his Democratic opponent, former Vice President Joe Biden, is using the coronavirus pandemic to try to get out of debating him.
"Now, he's already saying that he can't do debates because of Covid. Do you believe it? 'I can't do the debates because of Covid.' That was -- I just heard a little inkling of it two days ago. I said, 'Watch this one,'" Trump said during a Fox News town hall event in Wisconsin with host Sean Hannity.
Facts First: Trump's claim is entirely baseless. Biden has officially committed to participating in the three scheduled presidential debates -- and Biden has repeatedly said he is eager to debate Trump even if the pandemic forces them to hold the event online rather than in person.
Trump, conversely, has not officially committed to the scheduled debates. Instead, his campaign has been seeking changes to the debate schedule, and, according to the New York Times, wants an unusual role in selecting the moderators.

CNN holds elected officials and candidates accountable by pointing out what's true and what's not.

Here's a look at our recent fact checks.
Biden's campaign said in a Monday letter to the Commission on Presidential Debates that Biden will take part in the debates scheduled for September 29, October 15 and October 22.
"Our position is straightforward and clear: Joe Biden will accept the Commission's debates, on the Commission's dates, under the Commission's established format and the Commission's independent choice of moderators," Biden campaign manager Jen O'Malley Dillon wrote. "Donald Trump and Mike Pence should do the same. That is what every candidate for President and Vice President have done in modern times, Democrat and Republican alike."
O'Malley Dillon specifically asked the commission to confirm that it has plans for alternate arrangements in case "COVID control measures threaten to impact the conduct of the debates as planned."
"There is no reason why Vice President Biden and President Trump cannot meet for debates with appropriate safety and social distancing measures (set by public health authorities) on the three dates the CPD has identified. Nothing should prevent the conduct of debates between Joe Biden and Donald Trump on these dates; again, we do not want to provide President Trump with any excuses for not debating," O'Malley Dillon wrote.
There was coronavirus-related debate news two days prior to Trump's Thursday comments, but it had nothing to do with Biden's stance. The commission announced Tuesday that the October 15 would be moved to Miami from Ann Arbor, Michigan; the University of Michigan said pandemic challenges made their hosting plans infeasible.
Biden himself has said in multiple appearances and interviews that he is eager to debate Trump even if the pandemic makes an in-person debate impossible.
"I can hardly wait to debate Donald Trump. Are you kidding?" Biden said at an April fundraiser, according to a pool report. He added, "Look, I'm ready to debate him. Zoom or Skype or Slack or Hangouts or in person, anytime, anywhere he wants."
Biden did say in late March that he thought there was no need for additional Democratic primary debates against Sen. Bernie Sanders, over whom he had an overwhelming delegate lead. (Sanders dropped out two weeks later.) Biden said, in explaining his stance at the time, that he was focusing on the pandemic crisis.
But contrary to Trump's insinuations and assertions in April, May and now June, Biden has never suggested he wants to avoid general election debates with Trump.

Back
Top Bottom