• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump just fired James Comey

You need to remember, the US culture voted in aggregate to support Clinton being President, not Trump.

The fact that Trump was even there has everything to do with the current state of US "culture".

I think a YUUUUUGE eugenics program is thereby warranted. Sterilize or kill anyone who can't pass high school Civics 101, or who can't select the correct forms of your/you're/yore or to/too/two. And especially anyone who can't spell "tap".

You need to remember, the US culture voted in aggregate to support Clinton being President, not Trump.

The fact that Trump was even there has everything to do with the current state of US "culture".

A culture of style over substance where actually understanding something is held against you by the mass of the blissfully ignorant.
I think this is one of those not so common times, where I do have to agree with untermensche. Corporately, Don the Con is our just deserts.

Those that did not vote, helped elect FFvC. Those in edgy states, who voted third party helped elect El Cheato. It is similar to why the Kardashian's are plastered upon so much of our media and Wild Wild Web.

Who knew that the presidency would one day become part of the entertainment complex...
"I've come here to sell you my body
I can show you some good merchandise
I'll pull you and pill you
I'll crueladeville you
And to thrill you I'll use any device

We'll give you crazy performance
We'll give you grounds for divorce
We'll give you piece de resistance
And a tour de force of course"

I'm thinking more of that Twilight Zone episode, Peter Falk rises to power as a Central American revolutionary, and comes into the possession of a mirror that shows him his potential assassins. He starts shooting everyone who shows up in the mirror. And to no one's surprise, his face shows up in the mirror at the end....

I wonder if Trump has one of those mirrors as an app on his phone?

The same US Culture elected Obama twice.

Then laws were passed in Republican led states to restrict ballot access.

^^^ that

And by Unter's own comment earlier, only 1/3 of our "culture" supports Trump.

As someone else noted, HRC won the popular vote by a 3 million margin.

So how is Trump an indictment of US "culture"

If anything, it is an indictment of the obstructionism, authoritarianism and sheer dishonesty of the current day Republican party

So it looks like Trump leaked very secret info to Russians. (WashPo)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^ that

If anything, it is an indictment of the obstructionism, authoritarianism and sheer dishonesty of the current day Republican party

Only 1/3.

That's funny.

1/3 is a serious indictment of the so-called "culture".

^^^ that

Only 1/3.

That's funny.

And 2/3's reject Trump's bullshit :shrug:

I do admit that I am shocked and disheartened that 1/3 of our citizens support this narcissistic orange buffoon, but I reject your "indictment" of the US people as a whole. The strength of the resistance is an indication of how wrong you are.

Only 1/3.

That's funny.

I do admit that I am shocked and disheartened that 1/3 of our citizens support this narcissistic orange buffoon, but I reject your "indictment" of the US people as a whole. The strength of the resistance is an indication of how wrong you are.
I think the indictment (at least in my POV), is that 1/3 of our country is this lost, and that they along with a huge amount of apathy provided us all our reward. 2/3's did not reject Trump. 1/3 + 3 million rejected Trump. 1/3 - 3 million found more important things to do, like play Candy Crush...

We can't accurately gauge how many people buy into Trump based on the popular vote, because we never told everybody "the popular vote is how we decide which candidate gets the most support". The rules said that the electoral college is what matters, so that basically erases any information we could have gleaned from vote counts alone. If you live in a state whose electoral votes have already been decided for one or the other candidate, playing Candy Crush is conceivably more important than voting at that point.

Only 1/3.

That's funny.

The segment of the population that is dangerous is the part that rejects intellectual arguments, rejects calm reasoning and a search for the truth, and prefers a wild show with a lot of over the top emotion.

They can understand a good show.

And it is probably more than 1/3.

The segment of the population that is dangerous is the part that rejects intellectual arguments, rejects calm reasoning and a search for the truth, and prefers a wild show with a lot of over the top emotion.

They can understand a good show.

And it is probably more than 1/3.
The somewhat "ironic" part of all of this is the Founding Fathers foresaw this being possible and they created a firewall to stop it. And the Electoral College refused to stop it. Now people are wondering if Trump is up to the task of this position. We knew he wasn't, and he has shown as such in less than 5 months.

We can't accurately gauge how many people buy into Trump based on the popular vote, because we never told everybody "the popular vote is how we decide which candidate gets the most support". The rules said that the electoral college is what matters, so that basically erases any information we could have gleaned from vote counts alone. If you live in a state whose electoral votes have already been decided for one or the other candidate, playing Candy Crush is conceivably more important than voting at that point.
They had no dicey races for their national Congressional Critters? They had no dicey race for governor? They had no dicey race for state legislators? All especially, when 20-40% more votes were capable of being cast? What would be the effort to check just one more box for the "unimportant" presidential box?

I think I will stick with abject apathy and/or stupidity...

“The president has the utmost respect for our law enforcement agencies, and all investigations. This is not a truthful or accurate portrayal of the conversation between the president and Mr. Comey.”

:lol:

Alone in the Oval Office, Mr. Trump began the discussion by condemning leaks to the news media, saying that Mr. Comey should consider putting reporters in prison for publishing classified information, according to one of Mr. Comey’s associates

:rolleyes:

So now it is reported that Trump "asked" Comey to end Flynn investigation. The report is that Comey put it in a memo that was leaked.

If this obvious obstruction of justice doesn't lead to impeachment I don't know what will.

ETA: I do hope that tape that Trump alluded to exists.
It didn't take a month for that asshole to commit an impeachable offense.

You know, conspiracy wise, based on how Bill Crystal is acting on MSNBC, the Republican power base is behind the Comey leak. Trump is being ushered out by the Republicans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And gotta say that Bill Crystal looks mahvelous, absolutely mahvelous!

Back
Top Bottom