• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump Just Secured His Re-Election! Mexico Caved!

Why on earth would the solution to one problem be anyhow related to another completely different problem?

You are making another terrible argument.

Leftist on gun control: Sure, gun control won't stop everyone from getting guns. But, it will stop some people from getting guns.

Leftist on the border wall: The wall won't stop every illegal from coming in. So, let's not build it.

Please point out the flaw.
Some of the flaws (note the plural) are
1) the wall is an expensive and environmentally destructive way to achieve the same level of border security,
2) the "crisis" at the border is overblown by racists and bigots, and
3) no leftist I know makes your argument about the wall.

Don't even try to complain that the wall is too expensive when Bernie the Magic Man wants free healthcare, free education, and the green new deal.

If only you guys were around when the Great Wall of China was being built. You would've said, "What a waste guys. We don't need a wall."

Why on earth would the solution to one problem be anyhow related to another completely different problem?

Leftist on gun control: Sure, gun control won't stop everyone from getting guns. But, it will stop some people from getting guns.

Leftist on the border wall: The wall won't stop every illegal from coming in. So, let's not build it.

1) the wall is an expensive and environmentally destructive way to achieve the same level of border security,

It's almost as if the argument is being constructed out of some plant-based material. Perhaps with a roughly human shape?

Don't even try to complain that the wall is too expensive when Bernie the Magic Man wants free healthcare, free education, and the green new deal.
Apparently it is hard too understand that
1) the wall is a more expensive alternative to achieving the same goal, and
2) that the border "crisis" resides mostly in the minds of racists and bigots,
that you have to resort to babbling non-sequiturs.

The problem that you guys have is spouting "Racism!" whenever it suits your goals. Michael Knowles had a show about this last week: "When Everything is Racist, Nothing is Racist."

Are you for or against the border wall?

If you are against it, can you please tell me how many immigrants you allow to stay with you in your home?

Most illegals don't come through the desert anyway. The wall can't stop anyone who doesn't go that way.

I notice you didn't answer the question. I would like the record to show that it is highly probable that you allow a whopping total of 0 immigrants to live in your house with you.

"Open borders, but not open houses" One would think leftists house would be filled with 30 immigrants partying having a great time peacefully.

I didn't answer your question because it was irrelevant--I showed you that your proposed answer isn't answer.

The problem that you guys have is spouting "Racism!" whenever it suits your goals.
Not true. But you implicitly acknowledged that the wall is a more expensive method of achieving the same goal.
[
Michael Knowles had a show about this last week: "When Everything is Racist, Nothing is Racist."
Another conservative pundit who is a stupid person's idea of a smart person.

Not true. But you implicitly acknowledged that the wall is a more expensive method of achieving the same goal.
[
Michael Knowles had a show about this last week: "When Everything is Racist, Nothing is Racist."

Obama definitely fits that description. But, you will probably reject that as I reject your opinion about Knowles.

His approval rating is skyrocketing. The economy is booming. Trump has 2020 in the bag. The Dems have Joe Biden beating Bernie in the polls LOL and Biden has no stance on anything whatsoever. All this talk about how Bernie is starting a revolution with his great ideas and it will end up being Biden vs Trump which guarantees a Trump victory. Trump is gonna rip Biden to shreds in debate.

Skyrocketing?50proton-m-rocket-takeoff-crash.jpg

The economy is booming? Seen the recent jobs numbers?

Debate? His Flatulence couldn't rip a piece of paper.

If only you guys were around when the Great Wall of China was being built. You would've said, "What a waste guys. We don't need a wall."

You realize the Great Wall of China didn't work?

Ben Shapiro has 3 rules for getting out of poverty:

1. Graduate high school
2. Get a job
3. Don't have kids until you're married

People these days want to be coddled. They want a $15 minimum wage for jobs that high school kids are supposed to do. Fast food is something you are supposed to do in high school to get some experience before you move on to better things. It's not meant to have some 40 year old being a full time cashier complaining that he can't live on his paycheck. I'm sorry, but if you are 40 years old and the only job you are qualified for is a job that hires 16 year old kids, you have failed at life. It sounds harsh, but we can't keep sugar coating these things. Coddling people does nothing. It just keeps them satisfied and stagnant. I see 22 year old people with office jobs making 60-70K a year. No excuse for a 40 year old to be working as a cashier at a fast food place while complaining about his life to 16 year olds who work with him.

They are 2 different problems. In fact the problems are unrelated and completely different premises. The problems need solutions specific to their needs. How do you not see that?

Your argument is beyond strawman - it’s utter nonsense.

1. Graduate high school
2. Get a job

People these days want to be coddled. They want a $15 minimum wage for jobs that high school kids are supposed to do. Fast food is something you are supposed to do in high school to get some experience before you move on to better things. It's not meant to have some 40 year old being a full time cashier complaining that he can't live on his paycheck. I'm sorry, but if you are 40 years old and the only job you are qualified for is a job that hires 16 year old kids, you have failed at life. It sounds harsh, but we can't keep sugar coating these things. Coddling people does nothing. It just keeps them satisfied and stagnant. I see 22 year old people with office jobs making 60-70K a year. No excuse for a 40 year old to be working as a cashier at a fast food place while complaining about his life to 16 year olds who work with him.

Ben Shapiro can go fuck himself.

You'd be surprised how many people graduate high school AND college (and maybe even served in the military), delay getting married or having kids because they can't find a decent job. Or how many graduate college with a good degree, secure a decent job and delay marriage/kids for decades because they have too much student debt.

Most of those 40 year olds who are working minimum wage jobs are doing that to supplement their income from other crappy minimum wage jobs. Yep, people mess up and make mistakes. And employers in my town seriously give $0,05/hr raises and 20 minute lunch breaks, pay crappy and offer such crappy benefits that people purchase their own slightly less crappy insurance and leave the first chance they can get, leaving the employers wringing their hands about how difficult it is to find 'good people' to work their crappy jobs that don't pay enough to support a family living very, very lean.

1. Graduate high school
2. Get a job

Ben Shapiro can go fuck himself.

You'd be surprised how many people graduate high school AND college (and maybe even served in the military), delay getting married or having kids because they can't find a decent job. Or how many graduate college with a good degree, secure a decent job and delay marriage/kids for decades because they have too much student debt.

Most of those 40 year olds who are working minimum wage jobs are doing that to supplement their income from other crappy minimum wage jobs. Yep, people mess up and make mistakes. And employers in my town seriously give $0,05/hr raises and 20 minute lunch breaks, pay crappy and offer such crappy benefits that people purchase their own slightly less crappy insurance and leave the first chance they can get, leaving the employers wringing their hands about how difficult it is to find 'good people' to work their crappy jobs that don't pay enough to support a family living very, very lean.

My guess is that our intrepid troll doesn't have one of those "office jobs making 60-70k a year." And has probably never worked one of those fast food jobs either. I'm thinking our anonymous angry right winger is one of those "temporarily embarrassed millionaires" who rails against any attempt to address income equality while at the same time suffering from it.

My guess is that our intrepid troll doesn't have one of those "office jobs making 60-70k a year." And has probably never worked one of those fast food jobs either. I'm thinking our anonymous angry right winger is one of those "temporarily embarrassed millionaires" who rails against any attempt to address income equality while at the same time suffering from it.

Income inequality is a non-existent problem made up by leftists. Like Ben Shapiro says, "we should work to find ways to help the poor out of poverty, not look for ways to make people like Bill Gates less rich." Bill Gates started his own company and he deserves to reap the rewards. The idea that we should take his money and give it to the poor by force is stealing. If somebody makes billions of dollars off their own products, then they made billions of dollars. There shouldn't be a punishment for success.

Low-paying jobs are low-paying jobs for a reason: because people show up and are willing to work for that price. The more people who show up willing to work for that price, the less incentive you have to raise the wage. If Walmart opened up and said "Now hiring $10 an hour" they have people flocking in droves willing to do it. If nobody showed up, they'd have to change it to "$11 an hour" and if no one shows up, then they increase to 12, then 13, then 14, until people show up and are willing to work for that price. If nobody showed up to these jobs in droves, then all these places would be forced to raise their starting pay until eventually you could get a job starting at $25 an hour if that's what it took for people to show up. Blame the people, not the companies.

[

Obama definitely fits that description.
President Obama is neither a conservative nor a pundit. So President Obama cannot possibly fit that description.
But, you will probably reject that as I reject your opinion about Knowles.
Reality rejects your claim.

You quoted Mr. Knowles as some sort of pundit. I have not been quoting President Obama. It would be foolish for me to think for one second that you would agree with my opinion of Mr. Knowles. However, I strongly suspect that your promotion of Mr. Knowles as some sort of wise pundit prompts a number of readers of this thread conclude that my observation about Mr. Knowles is accurate.

Low-paying jobs are low-paying jobs for a reason: because people show up and are willing to work for that price.

"Willing"? How do you equate "willing" with "do it or die, because you have no alternatives/options"? Are you under the impression that people who work at Walmart, for example, chose to work there over the dozens of other alternative places they could have worked instead? That, as children, they said, "Boy, I can't wait to grow up and work a shitty retail job, barely scraping by on poverty wages with no job security, future or basic benefits"?

Low-paying jobs are low-paying jobs for a reason: because people show up and are willing to work for that price.

"Willing"? How do you equate "willing" with "do it or die, because you have no alternatives/options"? Are you under the impression that people who work at Walmart, for example, chose to work there over the dozens of other alternative places they could have worked instead? That, as children, they said, "Boy, I can't wait to grow up and work a shitty retail job, barely scraping by on poverty wages with no job security, future or basic benefits"?

A little while back, Halfie was ranting about people who would 'refuse' to work at McD's being hypocrites if they still ate there. Or McD-Dodgers. I thought he was saying that no one's 'too good' to work at fast-food if that's the only job available. Now he's saying that jobs define you. A job is appropriate for a teen, but a grown-up should be 'too good' to have that job.

So maybe I misunderstood his first point...
Or maybe he has no points, he's just taking whatever position allows him to troll the best...

I notice you didn't answer the question. I would like the record to show that it is highly probable that you allow a whopping total of 0 immigrants to live in your house with you.

"Open borders, but not open houses" One would think leftists house would be filled with 30 immigrants partying having a great time peacefully.

By your own logic, whoever Loren doesn't want living in his house, doesn't belong in the USA. (Has he DMed you for a sleep over? if not, start packing)

That's a terrible argument you are trying to make.
I expect HL to sign up for the military the instant we try to invade Iran. Otherwise, he doesn't really support the war against Iran.

HL, would you like directions to the nearest recruiting office?

Back
Top Bottom