• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump said the radical left should be handled by the national guard and, if necessary, the military

I suspect the Obama era relaxation on laws using the military on us soil against citizens that might be terrorists in reality was just to get things ready for the need to use it on a citizenry hungry and fed up with all the fuckups coming come to roost from the last 40 years.
Whether or not it was meant to, that chicken is sure as hell coming to roost now. As I type, it is legal for the US President to simply call a hit on me, as long as he claims he was acting in the interest of national security, we have no protection from him except for the threat of bad PR. You know, the one thing Trump has never been afraid of.

How quickly will Vance and the cabinet 25th amendment Trump and boot him out? It’s not like it’d be hard to make the case he’s mentally unfit it they chose to go all in.
That raises the question: how deeply psychotic would Trump's statements have to be, to trigger the 25th? He's telling his rally crowds this week that American kids come home from school having been put through gender reassignment surgery -- without the parents' consent. This is barking mad, but he's still their boy. (And he's already in diapers, remember.)
I can't think of many scenarios that would convince his base that he's lost it. Maybe if he came out on stage and said, "What the hell is wrong with this country? We've got to get back to the pre-Reagan marginal tax rates, folks. Otherwise we'll never climb out of debt. And we've got to reinstate all the sections of the 1965 Voting Rights Act, because, as many people are saying, we need everyone to have a voice. And it's madness to sell combat weapons as collector's items, folks. Madness."
That, I think, would get him institutionalized.

I started a thread a while ago about Trump normalizing lying. This is a great example of it. In this case Trump hasn't normalized that all people on the left are in need of the military to be quell... but that there are a non-negligible percentage of the left that are a danger because of their militant ideas.

If this were a movie, it'd be compelling for how the nation survives his election. Being real life, we are truly and utterly fucked.

And here is the thing. If he does beat Vice President Harris next month and does impose some sort of Project 2025 most of the people of supposed influence opposed to him will just suck up and kiss up and go along with it to protect themselves. Judging from the fact he did not go after Hillary Clinton like he promised 8 years ago he may not actually try to jail much less kill his opponents but you never know.
He was still hoping to be re-elected, last time. This time, he can only stay in office for longer than his term if he is successful in subverting the Congress before 2027.
Or simply by getting his corrupt Justices to say it’s an official act for him to disregard the statutes requiring another election in ’28.
It’s a fucking horror show, and it looks more and more inevitable.

How quickly will Vance and the cabinet 25th amendment Trump and boot him out? It’s not like it’d be hard to make the case he’s mentally unfit it they chose to go all in.
That raises the question: how deeply psychotic would Trump's statements have to be, to trigger the 25th? He's telling his rally crowds this week that American kids come home from school having been put through gender reassignment surgery -- without the parents' consent. This is barking mad, but he's still their boy. (And he's already in diapers, remember.)
I can't think of many scenarios that would convince his base that he's lost it. Maybe if he came out on stage and said, "What the hell is wrong with this country? We've got to get back to the pre-Reagan marginal tax rates, folks. Otherwise we'll never climb out of debt. And we've got to reinstate all the sections of the 1965 Voting Rights Act, because, as many people are saying, we need everyone to have a voice. And it's madness to sell combat weapons as collector's items, folks. Madness."
That, I think, would get him institutionalized.
Fugeddaboudit.
The cabinet critters would be walking dead men if they voted to put orange Jesus on the shelf. They will not exactly be paragons of courage, you can count on that.

And here is the thing. If he does beat Vice President Harris next month and does impose some sort of Project 2025 most of the people of supposed influence opposed to him will just suck up and kiss up and go along with it to protect themselves. Judging from the fact he did not go after Hillary Clinton like he promised 8 years ago he may not actually try to jail much less kill his opponents but you never know.
He was still hoping to be re-elected, last time. This time, he can only stay in office for longer than his term if he is successful in subverting the Congress before 2027.
Or simply by getting his corrupt Justices to say it’s an official act for him to disregard the statutes requiring another election in ’28.

How exactly would that happen? The states run elections. I know the current justices will logic their way into mostly want they want but even this is quite a stretch. Which official action would do that? His best bet would be to declare martial law before the next election and then suspend them indefinitely because of a permanent state of emergency.

It’s a fucking horror show, and it looks more and more inevitable.

How exactly would that happen?
By military force, or threat thereof. Denial of the use of the National Capitol to certify any such thing, arresting/murdering those who don’t get the hint ..,
See the Hitler handbook.

He's said things like this before, but why he would keep saying them now seems counterproductive. The people who would happily murder who doesn't vote for and oppose Trump as well as those they would depot and kill in the process are already full go for Trump. IOW, are any independents going to jump on this as the final thing that's going to solidify their vote in favor of the ebola infected nutsack?

I started a thread a while ago about Trump normalizing lying. This is a great example of it. In this case Trump hasn't normalized that all people on the left are in need of the military to be quell... but that there are a non-negligible percentage of the left that are a danger because of their militant ideas.

If this were a movie, it'd be compelling for how the nation survives his election. Being real life, we are truly and utterly fucked.
It will get darker before it gets lighter, no doubt about it. Luckily, fascism rarely has staying power. It always gets screwed in the end, as it can't deliver on its grandiose promises but is forced to use violence more and more often as core social institutions start to break down in favor of the croneyism necessary to keep the chambers loaded.

By military force, or threat thereof. Denial of the use of the National Capitol to certify any such thing, arresting/murdering those who don’t get the hint ..,
See the Hitler handbook.
Oh. You seemed to imply he could stop an election from happening at all not just refuse the certification thereof.

He's said things like this before, but why he would keep saying them now seems counterproductive.
Because it is working. His polling has improved since "they are eating the pets" and their 19th century anti-immigrant bigotry push. He lied about the illegals getting FEMA money and FEMA is ignoring the SE. And now he is continuing the push this concept that the left wing is trying to replace you. He is going with what works in America today thanks to shitty far right media.

See the Hitler handbook.
Oh. You seemed to imply he could stop an election from happening at all not just refuse the certification thereof.
The States can do whatever they want. They can send whoever they want to Washington, and once they get there, they can yell and scream.

I've noticed the usual suspects whining about "TDS" are rather silent now. Cowards.

If Trump wins and he gets his way there's a very good chance that everybody in the form may be on his hit list.

I will probably be number one.

Unfortunately, with a Trump’s momentum in the way the Electoral College works it looks like that he's probably going to be the winner.

Hope I'm wrong, I've been wrong many times before.

I'm expecting that if he got into office, and enacted all the Project 2025 stuff, he would shortly afterword either be hit with 25th amendment, or an unfortunate accident. Then the christian nationalists won't have to pacify the big baby, and just complete their takeover.

If Trump wins and he gets his way there's a very good chance that everybody in the form may be on his hit list.
I wouldn't be worried about hit lists. The big problem that matters in Project 2025 is the attempt to reclassify government workers, so they can be fired based on loyalty lines. The trouble with this is that the bureaucracy is a pain, but at least the people running it, understand it. The Project 2025 wing wants loyalty, not competency. And while the Government through shear inertia got through the first Trump Admin, if they dismantle things, it could make it much harder to do the second time around. People really have clue just how much is done locally with Federal dollars.
Unfortunately, with a Trump’s momentum in the way the Electoral College works it looks like that he's probably going to be the winner.
Harris still in the game, and may win handily in EVs (or barely in EVs). I'm not understanding the deficit she has on senators in PA, MI, and WI. It makes little sense.

Back
Top Bottom