• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump Say He Can Eliminate 19 Trillion In Debt In 8 Years By Selling US Assets

And when the assets are sold there we are right back where we were.

Selling assets to make money should be prohibited. The only reason government should sell off assets is if it's something that should be handed off to the private sector in the first place.

Well, then yeah it should sell assets.

Why should the government own 640 million acres of land? 28% of the total US, >40% in the Western states.
How about for fishing, hunting, and etc?

Donald Trump has released his latest plan to make Mexico pay for the wall.
Water fountains will be installed near fields where migrant workers are picking tomatoes, chicken processing plants, and Home Depot parking lots. When the workers come to get a drink, he is going to steal their lunch money.

All I can think of this thread title is 'Trump wants to eliminate debt to China, by giving permanent control of our country to China!'

Well, then yeah it should sell assets.

Why should the government own 640 million acres of land? 28% of the total US, >40% in the Western states.

Oooh, great point, How could people manage to fish and hunt if the government didn't own 28% of all the land?

Are you sure 28% is the exact right amount? Maybe we should go deeper in debt to bring that sucker up to 35% or 40%?

Who's going to buy the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment? Or Carrier Strike Group 9? Actually it would probably be easy to sell our overseas military bases back to the home countries and decompress our forces.

aa

I'm sure a number of companies would just love to slap their labels on pieces of the US. Who wouldn't want to visit Verizon's Yellowstone Park, or Disney's Washington Monument, or AT&T's Statue of Liberty. The president should also totally do his part by selling ad space on his suit like a NASCAR driver.

All I can think of this thread title is 'Trump wants to eliminate debt to China, by giving permanent control of our country to China!'

Yeah, this is close to my thoughts, too. If he is going to sell off the assets of the U.S. - who is he going to sell them to?

Yeah, this is close to my thoughts, too. If he is going to sell off the assets of the U.S. - who is he going to sell them to?
That is the least of his worries, because, as Trump reminds us, he knows how to make deals.

I'm sure a number of companies would just love to slap their labels on pieces of the US. Who wouldn't want to visit Verizon's Yellowstone Park, or Disney's Washington Monument, or AT&T's Statue of Liberty. The president should also totally do his part by selling ad space on his suit like a NASCAR driver.

If Disney owned the Washington Monument it would probably be more expensive to go up inside and view from the top but at least you could do it. As it is today, I've spent my whole life (58 years) attempting to do this and being unsuccessful. Every time I have been lucky to visit the Washington Monument, it has either been closed for repairs or too many in line to make the last tour. It is still on my bucket list but I'm not holding my breath.

Frankly, I wish Disney did own the monument so it would be managed better.

I want the Clinton Blow Job Chair. That should fetch somethin' on Ebay. Then the briefing book Bush II passed on that told him Al Queda was comin' with jetliners as weapons. Then the Roswell alien incubation pods with whatever is gestating in them. Then the much-rumored Nixon masturbation stash (stained photos of Eleanor Roosevelt taken by Secret Service cameras in the White House shower.) Then the Reagan lobotomy records from '81. Oh, back to item #1: the blue dress, too, to make it a complete "suite" of antiques. I'll pay the Donald's fair price and then roll em over.

Oooh, great point, How could people manage to fish and hunt if the government didn't own 28% of all the land?

Are you sure 28% is the exact right amount? Maybe we should go deeper in debt to bring that sucker up to 35% or 40%?
dismal won't be happy until corporations are allowed to turn people into food for a profit. In dismal's world, if it can make a profit, it is a universal right to be allowed to, regardless of what "it" is.

dismal won't be happy until corporations are allowed to turn people into food for a profit. In dismal's world, if it can make a profit, it is a universal right to be allowed to, regardless of what "it" is.

Do you realize just how stupid and lame a defense this is of the government owning 28% of the land?

No, I guess you don't.

Do you realize just how stupid and lame a defense this is of the government owning 28% of the land?

No, I guess you don't.
It depends on your definition of "government." Sorry, I should realize by now that it's "THE" government. That makes it a first rate bogeyman.

No, I guess you don't.
It depends on your definition of "government." Sorry, I should realize by now that it's "THE" government. That makes it a first rate bogeyman.

i think the rest of us are all talking about the U.S. federal government. Not sure what is going on in your head.

No, I guess you don't.

Who the hell is going to buy it?

Have you ever driven the western half of the U.S.? I have, several times. You wanna know what's there? Nothing. And if you don't give a damn about places like our various national parks and monuments, then I suppose whatever.

Are we gonna sell it to Jhyna? Or should we just sell off nearly a third of the U.S. to corporations who'll get the opportunity to bid $5 an acre for it all? Will they build beautiful condos on it?

Do we even have 19 trillion dollars in assets? Or maybe Jhyna can pony up that amount for the west coast.

Trump is so goddamn pig ignorant it's ... I can't fucking believe anyone supports this dipshit. All the economists in this nation have never come up with "Hey, I know, let's just sell our shit!" Wanna know why? Because it's fucking stupid!!!

Back
Top Bottom