• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump supporters vs. Rep. Liz Cheney

So Hitler, as bad as he was, can claim credit for not being Trump. You won the last Defense of Hitler thread, looks like you're trying for an encore.

What kind of bizarro-land argument is this where anyone who acknowledges that one unique person differs from Hitler OR Trump indicates that they are "defending Hitler"? You see how stupid this is right?

You know what Jason, Trump isn't Hitler. Mao isn't Hitler. You aren't Hitler. That doesn't mean that I'm endorsing anyone I just mentioned or any of their actions. And even if I do endorse an action someone I just mentioned has performed, that STILL doesn't mean that I endorse THAT PERSON or any of their other actions.

"Drinking hot tea is great." <--- Not an endorsement of Mao.
"Telling the truth about 1/6 is great." <--- Not an endorsement of Cheyney.

It's ridiculous that we have to break down such simple concepts for you.

My beloved maternal grandfather lost most of his family in the Nazi genocide. I would never defend Hitler.

You say that, while defending him. Twice now.

I know I'm going to regret this, but can you point out the posts where laughing dog defended Hitler please? Or just one post even?

There was once a thread in General World History where participants were asked to provide theoretical defenses of Hitler. The person who started the thread did so with the intent of "I know you don't actually believe the defenses you are giving, but if you were forced to come up with some defense of Hitler what would it be?" I responded by pointing out that anyone who tried to do that would still be accused of believing the theoretical arguments they present, and I was shown to be right about that.

However, in that thread, laughing dog introduced a topic that nobody else in that thread had introduced, a new and novel defense of Hitler that up until that very post of his nobody had mentioned.

He was so ashamed to admit that he had posted a new idea into the thread that he gave me credit for his post.

Post 238 by laughing dog

As for him giving me credit for his idea, I pointed out that he was giving me credit for his idea here.

Post 242 by me

If you want to know in what context I pointed out that bit about Stalin, it was a defense of Stalin ironically. I pointed out that Stalin killed more communists that Hitler did, making Stalin better at killing communists.

I know I'm going to regret this, but can you point out the posts where laughing dog defended Hitler please? Or just one post even?

Don't hold your breath.

Projection. Last time I asked you a question it only took you 5 pages to answer.

Projection. Last time I asked you a question it only took you 5 pages to answer.

You could have answered it yourself in thirty seconds. Not to mention the answer wasn't what you hoped it would be and made a fool of yourself in the process.

You could have answered it yourself in thirty seconds. Not to mention the answer wasn't what you hoped it would be.

So the reason it only took you five pages was "I wanted you to google the support for any post I make". Do your keep your burden of proof on a wheeled cart for easy transfer, tied to your wheeled goalposts?

There was once a thread in General World History where participants were asked to provide theoretical defenses of Hitler. The person who started the thread did so with the intent of "I know you don't actually believe the defenses you are giving, but if you were forced to come up with some defense of Hitler what would it be?" I responded by pointing out that anyone who tried to do that would still be accused of believing the theoretical arguments they present, and I was shown to be right about that.

However, in that thread, laughing dog introduced a topic that nobody else in that thread had introduced, a new and novel defense of Hitler that up until that very post of his nobody had mentioned.

He was so ashamed to admit that he had posted a new idea into the thread that he gave me credit for his post.

Post 238 by laughing dog

As for him giving me credit for his idea, I pointed out that he was giving me credit for his idea here.

Post 242 by me

If you want to know in what context I pointed out that bit about Stalin, it was a defense of Stalin ironically. I pointed out that Stalin killed more communists that Hitler did, making Stalin better at killing communists.
Thank you for actually providing the factual basis for your delusion. As anyone with minimal reading comprehension who takes the effort to read the entire discussion in context will see that your claim is false.

You could have answered it yourself in thirty seconds. Not to mention the answer wasn't what you hoped it would be.

So the reason it only took you five pages was "I wanted you to google the support for any post I make". Do your keep your burden of proof on a wheeled cart for easy transfer, tied to your wheeled goalposts?

I had no burden of proof. It was your query, not mine.

I’m not useless. The term is ‘enabler’. :D

Also, it isn’t a strawman. It is exactly what you are saying.

This board is here to foster discussion of important issues.

Please confine yourselves to rational discussion and avoid personal comments.

Post 238 by laughing dog

Post 242 by me

Thank you for actually providing the factual basis

For saying YOU offered that defense of Hitler? You're welcome.

I had no burden of proof. It was your query, not mine.

It was your claim that I was querying. You made a claim then said "go support my claim."

Related to the OP, I note this: George P. Bush courts Trump in bid for Texas attorney general, despite family history - The Washington Post
George P. Bush’s campaign video does not mention the Republican political dynasty that preceded him. Not his father, the former governor of Florida. Nor his uncle, the 43rd president of the United States. Nor his grandfather, the 41st.

The video does pay homage to former president Donald Trump.

“Under the leadership of President Trump our country was strong and vibrant again, but because of the failed leadership of liberal ideas, our country is suffering,” said George P. Bush, who this week launched a 2022 bid to become Texas attorney general. The state land commissioner is channeling and courting Trump despite the 45th president’s past attacks on elder members of the Bush family — a sign of Trump’s still-strong hold on a transformed GOP.
Scott Braddock on Twitter: "I missed out on the @georgepbush swag yesterday: The koozie says "this is the only Bush that likes me. This is the Bush that got it right. I like him" - Donald Trump #txlege (pic link)" / Twitter
Trump has said that Jeb and George W. Bush’s mother, former first lady Barbara Bush, had good reason to dislike him.

“Look what I did to her sons,” he said.

Trump had particular derision for Bush’s father, Jeb Bush, nicknaming him “Low Energy Jeb” as they jockeyed for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination. In 2015, Trump took aim at George P. Bush’s mother as well: He tweeted that Jeb Bush “has to like the Mexican Illegals because of his wife,” who immigrated from Mexico. (“This is ludicrous,” Jeb Bush responded at the time).
Seems like George P. Bush is joining Ted Cruz in meekly accepting Trump's attacks on his family members.
Trump has also criticized George W. Bush over the Iraq War, and that Bush joined other living ex-presidents this January in denouncing the storming of the Capitol. In a statement, George W. Bush did not name Trump but condemned the politicians who “inflamed” the rioters and said, “This is how election results are disputed in a banana republic — not our democratic republic. I am appalled by the reckless behavior of some political leaders since the election.”

Trump vs. the Bushes: A political rivalry of its time - POLITICO - 2018 Dec 1 - "The sitting president and his party's most distinguished family have made no secret of their mutual loathing."

Trump Tweet Archive | Search | No More Bushes
  • Apr 25th 2013 - 4:00:27 PM EST -- "We need another Bush in office about as much as we need Obama to have a 3rd term. No more Bushes!"
  • Dec 17th 2014 - 4:34:11 PM EST -- After destroying the Middle East & our economy, the Bushes last gift was having Justice Roberts legalize ObamaCare. No more Bushes!
  • Aug 10th 2015 - 12:40:15 PM EST -- Enough is Enough- no more Bushes!
  • Sep 1st 2015 - 3:26:30 PM EST -- No more Clintons or Bushes!
President Donald J. Trump on Instagram: “Enough is Enough- no more Bushes! #MakeAmericaGreatAgain” - a collection of Bush-family gaffes

Feb 2016: Barbara Bush vs. Trump
Appearing alongside her son, 2016 presidential candidate Jeb Bush, in an interview with Norah O'Donnell of CBS, Barbara Bush derided Trump and likened the GOP primary frontrunner to a “comedian” and a “showman.”

“I don’t know how women can vote for someone who said what he said about Megyn Kelly,” the Bush family matriarch added, referring to Trump’s assessment of the then-Fox News anchor’s pointed debate questions. "You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever,” Trump had said.

“It’s terrible,” Barbara Bush told CBS. “And we knew what he meant, too.”

In a separate interview to CNN that same month, the former first lady was even more forceful: "I'm sick of him,” she said.

"He doesn't give many answers to how he would solve problems. He sort of makes faces and says insulting things," Barbara Bush said. "He's said terrible things about women, terrible things about the military. I don't understand why people are for him, for that reason."
When asked if the Democrats should have tried to impeach George Bush II, he responded
... Trump called the Iraq war “a big, fat mistake.”

“The war in Iraq — we spent $2 trillion, thousands of lives, we don’t even have it,” Trump said at a Republican presidential debate in South Carolina. “Iran is taking over Iraq with the second-largest oil reserves in the world. So George Bush made a mistake. We can make mistakes, but that one was a beauty.”
Jeb Bush: “I am sick and tired of him going after my family.”

TTA - Search - searching for "dynasty" yielded this tweet:

Jun 15th 2018 - 1:49:38 PM EST -- I’ve had to beat 17 very talented people including the Bush Dynasty, then I had to beat the Clinton Dynasty, and now I have to beat a phony Witch Hunt and all of the dishonest people covered in the IG Report...and never forget the Fake News Media. It never ends!

Now he can brag about defeating the Cheney Dynasty.

Back
Top Bottom