• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump supporters vs. Rep. Liz Cheney

How true? It is all true. 18 and 14, married/divorced, she kills herself at 20.

OK.
I didn't know. Lots of stuff on TFT is not true, it's satire, fake news, sarcasm, whatever.
The GOP broke Poe, not TFT. Neither I nor The Onion could have made up that story. It'd been too ridiculous. But the good news is, thanks to this story, it does provide fodder.

My theory is that right wingers are so convinced lefties have declared a War on Christmas they have retaliated with a counter offensive towards satire. Ten years from now, people are going to look back at the simpler saner times of the Trump Presidency with nostalgia. I wish I were fucking joking.

The GOP broke Poe, not TFT. Neither I nor The Onion could have made up that story. It'd been too ridiculous. But the good news is, thanks to this story, it does provide fodder.

My theory is that right wingers are so convinced lefties have declared a War on Christmas they have retaliated with a counter offensive towards satire. Ten years from now, people are going to look back at the simpler saner times of the Trump Presidency with nostalgia. I wish I were fucking joking.

Kind of like how during the Trump era, we looked back at W with nostalgia.

Kind of like how during the Trump era, we looked back at W with nostalgia.

Yup, Trump was the best thing that ever happened to W.

It's still funny to see people in this forum cheering for a neocon simply because Trump supporters are opposed to neocons.

What part of neoconservatism is so appealing?
None of it. It's being willing to stand up to Donald Trump that's appealing. Jason Harvestdancer, look at what left-wingers actually say rather than watch Fox News all day.

What they actually say, and what they actually do which is often different but the same in this case - is that they support her. Not just "enemy of my enemy" but support her.

See, like all neocons, Liz is a sociopathic warmonger, but at least she opposes Trump so that's okay then. Besides, having a sociopathic warmonger on your side is great for Biden.

Libertarians: Just because I'm critical of Democrats doesn't mean I'm a Trumptard.

Also Libertarians: OMFG! u just said something bad about McCarthy with regards to Cheney, clearly ur a waghmonga!!!oneoneone

Libertarians: Just because I'm critical of Democrats doesn't mean I'm a Trumptard.

Also Libertarians: OMFG! u just said something bad about McCarthy with regards to Cheney, clearly ur a waghmonga!!!oneoneone

My record on this forum has been anti-war since I joined the forum. You can search the entire time this forum and the predecessor forum and find that I have been incredibly consistently anti-war. I opposed Bush's wars ***AND*** Obama's Wars.

I have consistently opposed warmongers in both parties, it didn't matter whether the warmonger had a D or an R after the monger's name.

While Bush was in office, I was considered a Democrat because I opposed the wars. While Obama was in office, I was considered a Republican because I opposed the wars.

When the Anti-war left disappeared on January 19, 2009, I was still anti-war afterwards, and those who learned how to stop worrying and love war hated that I remembered that war is bad even if it is done by someone of their own party.

Liz Cheney is a psychopath and a warmonger, so of course I have opposed her and her family for many years. That doesn't matter though. She opposes Trump so that makes her one of the good guys, and anyone who opposes her for any reason is now a Trump supporter.

You say "evil is good if the evil is anti-Trump." Wow.

It is a straw man argument to claim that applauding Lyn Cheney for standing up for the truth in this regard is equivalent to saying she is one of the good guys.

My record on this forum has been anti-war since I joined the forum. You can search the entire time this forum and the predecessor forum and find that I have been incredibly consistently anti-war. I opposed Bush's wars ***AND*** Obama's Wars.

I have consistently opposed warmongers in both parties, it didn't matter whether the warmonger had a D or an R after the monger's name.

While Bush was in office, I was considered a Democrat because I opposed the wars. While Obama was in office, I was considered a Republican because I opposed the wars.

When the Anti-war left disappeared on January 19, 2009, I was still anti-war afterwards, and those who learned how to stop worrying and love war hated that I remembered that war is bad even if it is done by someone of their own party.

Liz Cheney is a psychopath and a warmonger, so of course I have opposed her and her family for many years. That doesn't matter though. She opposes Trump so that makes her one of the good guys, and anyone who opposes her for any reason is now a Trump supporter.

Yeah, that is exactly what I'm saying. You've got me good.

Give credit where credit is due. Liz has had some good days. Trump hasn't. When no other choice is available I'll pick Cheney over Trump on most anything.

Saying Cheney got something or even a lot right right isn't saying she's one of the good guys. My good guys never wear leather, nor do they carry guns. ...and the second amendment was a big mistake.

Yeah, that is exactly what I'm saying. You've got me good.

You think you are being sarcastic, but that is what you are saying.

"Yeah, Hitler is pretty bad, but at least he's not Trump."

Nope, not what I'm saying at all. Being critical of a political party that has thrown out any pretense of policy or ideals and has just become a personality cult is not the same as unconditional support for Liz Cheney. I'm sorry this confuses you. I guess because of all those times you were critical of Democrats you really are a Trump supporter. Given your simplistic attitude towards politics and aversion to nuance, I should have known. That was my fault and I apologize. I won't make that mistake again.

Nope, not what I'm saying at all.

No, it is.

Being critical of a political party that has thrown out any pretense of policy or ideals and has just become a personality cult is not the same as unconditional support for Liz Cheney.

Yet because Cheney is on the same side as you and Biden you throw out any pretense of policy or ideals.

I guess because of all those times you were critical of Democrats you really are a Trump supporter.

That is a very simplistic attitude towards politics, not worthy of anyone who thinks he is mature enough to comment on politics. I should have known you were no better than "Yeah, Hitler is pretty bad, but at least he's not Trump." I thought it was an over-simplification of your position, when in fact it was accurate. That was my fault and I apologize. I won't make that mistake again.

Back
Top Bottom