• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump tweats new conspiracy theory

Artemus

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist and general cynic
Trump has now tweeted that Obama had him wiretapped in Trump tower.
Donald Trump said:
Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my ‘wires tapped’ in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!
The source? Apparently a Brietbart news "report" of a right-wing radio host's conspiracy theory.

I'll tell you folks, up till now I've been rather amused watching this idiot fall all over himself and make himself and his minions look like the fools that they are. But this is so delusional that I'm genuinely frightened. When is the controlling Republican party finally going to admit that the president is a dangerous lunatic who should not be in charge of anything, much less the country?

Last edited:
Donald Trump said:
Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my ‘wires tapped’ in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!
The source? Apparently a Brietbart news "report" of a right-wing radio host's conspiracy theory.

I'll tell you folks, up till now I've been rather amused watching this idiot fall all over himself and make himself and his minions look like the fools that they are. But this is so delusional that I'm genuinely frightened. When is the controlling Republican party finally going to admit that the president is a dangerous lunatic who should not be in charge of anything, much less the country?

2019. That's when.
If/when the Repugs get trashed in 2018, the Trump cabal will be seen as a weight around their neck. They'll need a new candidate for 2020, and anyone tarred by association with or support for Trump will be scrambling to get the message out that they never supported him. If the 2018 elections cause them to lose either or both houses of congress, they even might join with Democrats to impeach him, thinking that Pence would put a better face on the Party going forward.

Wait a sec. Is Trump leaking classified information about the actions of US intelligence services?

I thought there was a crackdown on that sort of thing.

Wait a sec. Is Trump leaking classified information about the actions of US intelligence services?

I thought there was a crackdown on that sort of thing.

This is an attempt at distraction - and a stupid one at that. Either it's total BS, or Obama got a warrant after presenting probable cause to the FISA court. Either way, it's not going to end well for Cheato, and is going to increase - not decrease - focus on the Russia connections.

Given Trump's carelessness with what he says and where he says it, no sane person would feel the need to wiretap his telephones.

It could have come from the AG due to the USA PATRIOT Act, but not Obama directly.

Trump tweets referencing a Breitbart story referencing a shock jock accusation.

No fake news there.

Dude. They weren't tapping you. They were tapping known Russian spies to see who they called.... That was you. Now you've admitted it publicly!!! :hysterical:

2019. That's when.
If/when the Repugs get trashed in 2018, the Trump cabal will be seen as a weight around their neck. They'll need a new candidate for 2020, and anyone tarred by association with or support for Trump will be scrambling to get the message out that they never supported him. If the 2018 elections cause them to lose either or both houses of congress, they even might join with Democrats to impeach him, thinking that Pence would put a better face on the Party going forward.

And the sooner the better. Christ, if he makes it to Halloween, he'll be trying to mobilize forces to fight the Martian invasion.

2019. That's when.

That's the best case scenario at this point, and it has very good chances of happening. *cross fingers*

OK, mind further boggled. A republican congressman (Steve King, Iowa) was just on CNN trying to give credibility to Trump's claim that Obama had wire-tapped him. These fools just won't give up.

OK, mind further boggled. A republican congressman (Steve King, Iowa) was just on CNN trying to give credibility to Trump's claim that Obama had wire-tapped him. These fools just won't give up.

Ya gotta hope it's true. The reason(s) why will make for interesting reading. :)

When's the last time we had a middle-schooler occupying the WH? This is great stuff! I can see a new cartoon strip coming.

Ya gotta hope it's true. The reason(s) why will make for interesting reading. :)

I should have been more complete. He was saying that we need to have an investigation to see if Obama was wire-tapping Trump to try to influence the election. Flat out fabrication or delusion.

In any event, we know that the accusation isn't true because a president can't order a wire-tapping. This is the same as the Swedish massacre...Trump saw a loony claim on a right-wing loony site, believed it, and tweeted or spoke about it as absolute fact the next day. The guy is the loony in chief. The republicans who are defending him are either loony themselves or have no integrity or respect of the job that they have sworn to do.

Makes you wonder who Trump is wiretapping, or planning to.

It's the right wing sites like Breitbart and Bannon himself feeding this stuff to Trump. It must be insidiously easy to influence Trump. Play to his ego and prejudices, and he'll believe whatever you say as long as he thinks it makes him look good. I'm convinced this is why he's trying to start special reporting on immigrants and crime. He's convinced that immigrants cause most crime in ths country, and that liberals actually want to fill the country with crime ridden, but democrat voting, illegals.

I should have been more complete. He was saying that we need to have an investigation to see if Obama was wire-tapping Trump to try to influence the election. Flat out fabrication or delusion.

And still being more complete, he said that the FISC needed to be investigated to learn why they allowed it if it was done under warrant.

My mind was apparently so boggled that I couldn't get everything down in a post or two. It was really traumatic to hear that. ;)

Back
Top Bottom