• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump tweats new conspiracy theory

TO me, the funniest thing is Trump saying 'he has full confidence' in Sessions, and sees no reason for Sessions to recuse himself, then Sessions recuses himself.
So claims that the WH is a well-running machine are obviously bluster.
In a machine, Sessions would have given Trump sufficient time to own the decision before showing disloyalty.

I wonder if someone can get Trump to say that he has full confidence in all of his cabinet choices? Clean the place out like Terminex....

An Obama speechwriter has been having fun pointing out that Obama could not have ordered a wiretap.

Chapter 36 of Title 50 of the US Code *War and National Defense", Subchapter 1, Section 1802
(1) Notwithstanding any other law, the President, through the Attorney General, may authorize electronic surveillance without a court order under this subchapter to acquire foreign intelligence information for periods of up to one year if the Attorney General certifies in writing under oath that—
(A) the electronic surveillance is solely directed at—
(i) the acquisition of the contents of communications transmitted by means of communications used exclusively between or among foreign powers, as defined in section 1801(a)(1), (2), or (3) of this title; or
(ii) the acquisition of technical intelligence, other than the spoken communications of individuals, from property or premises under the open and exclusive control of a foreign power, as defined in section 1801(a)(1), (2), or (3) of this title;
(B) there is no substantial likelihood that the surveillance will acquire the contents of any communication to which a United States person is a party; and
(C) the proposed minimization procedures with respect to such surveillance meet the definition of minimization procedures under section 1801(h) of this title; and
if the Attorney General reports such minimization procedures and any changes thereto to the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence at least thirty days prior to their effective date, unless the Attorney General determines immediate action is required and notifies the committees immediately of such minimization procedures and the reason for their becoming effective immediately.

(B) Seems to constrain it, but I would not be confident it would stop anyone in light of recent history

Given Trump's carelessness with what he says and where he says it, no sane person would feel the need to wiretap his telephones.

This is how I would view this. Both camps have been spouting unsupported statements about each other since prior to the elections. We call this politics but in the last couple of years this has reached unprecedented levels.

This story could have been forming for a while. From Nov 7 2016

EXCLUSIVE: FBI ‘Granted FISA Warrant’ Covering Trump Camp’s Ties To Russia
Two separate sources with links to the counter-intelligence community have confirmed to Heat Street that the FBI sought, and was granted, a FISA court warrant in October, giving counter-intelligence permission to examine the activities of ‘U.S. persons’ in Donald Trump’s campaign with ties to Russia

Yet this amounted to nothing and Trump's needs to be substantiated.

Dude. They weren't tapping you. They were tapping known Russian spies to see who they called.... That was you. Now you've admitted it publicly!!! :hysterical:

No clear evidence it was Obama; likewise no evidence of involvement with Russian spies, except for hacking which is an activity conducted by the NSA.

The similarities to the start of the Iraq invasion occurred to me yesterday. Cheney has Scooter Libby "leak" fabricated evidence to Judith Miller. The NYTimes publishes it citing a "top government official." Bush says "The New York Times reported that Sadam Hussein took candy from a baby yesterday." The US people then support an invasion.

Unfortunately, people are falling for it again.

Dude. They weren't tapping you. They were tapping known Russian spies to see who they called.... That was you. Now you've admitted it publicly!!! :hysterical:

No clear evidence it was Obama; likewise no evidence of involvement with Russian spies, except for hacking which is an activity conducted by the NSA.

There is no clear evidence of anything since the Republican-controlled Congress won't allow an independent investigation to be started.

This asshole is citing Mark Levin as the source for the info. WTF?! This level of assholelry is unprecedented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moore f'ing Coulter.

This asshole is citing Mark Levin as the source for the info. WTF?! This level of assholelry is unprecedented.

There are too many assholes involved. Which one did you mean? And has it been acknowledged somewhere that Levin was the source of Trump's claim?

There are too many assholes involved. Which one did you mean? And has it been acknowledged somewhere that Levin was the source of Trump's claim?
I read Levin was the source for Breitbart

Hang on a second...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Donald Trump the President? Commander in Chief? Head of an entire branch of the federal government?

This is a guy who - while he doesn't read it - has a staff give him a daily intelligence briefing. A guy who - while he doesn't partake - can sit in national security briefings covering highly classified material. A guy who - instead of getting his wiretap information from the Weekly World News - has the authority to get something as highly classified as surveillance right from the source.

"Good afternoon, National Security Agency...Bob speaking."

"Hey Bob, Steve over here at the White House. The President has asked for all the records pertaining to your monitoring of phone conversations between his campaign staffers, himself, and the Russians. Can you send that over?"

"Sure I can."

"Excuse me?"

"I mean, yes sir."

"Thanks Bob, you've been a big help."

If this were a real story, the White House wouldn't be referencing stories in the New York Times. Their spokespeople would be on the Sunday talk shows saying that they have the FISA court orders and the transcripts to prove that the previous administration spied on their campaign. If this were true, the Executive Branch would have the alleged wiretappers dead to rights. End of story.

Hang on a second...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Donald Trump the President? Commander in Chief? Head of an entire branch of the federal government?
Yes.
The guy who has actual phone lines to demand an investigation into... Anything.
So he doesn't have to use twitter to 'hereby demand an investigation.' He could do that for real... If only Bannon would tell him which button speed-dials the Attorney General....

Given Trump's carelessness with what he says and where he says it, no sane person would feel the need to wiretap his telephones.

This is how I would view this. Both camps have been spouting unsupported statements about each other since prior to the elections. We call this politics but in the last couple of years this has reached unprecedented levels.

stop with the fucking false equivalencies already.

stop with the fucking false equivalencies already.

Look, he worked very hard in the academy of the "most ethical group on the planet" to master that specific skill for the specific purpose of trying to confuse whoever is criticizing the cult. The cult now includes King Buttercup, I guess. Anyway, I would think you'd appreciate and respect that, and stop this reasonable demand for intellectual honesty.

This story could have been forming for a while. From Nov 7 2016

EXCLUSIVE: FBI ‘Granted FISA Warrant’ Covering Trump Camp’s Ties To Russia
Two separate sources with links to the counter-intelligence community have confirmed to Heat Street that the FBI sought, and was granted, a FISA court warrant in October, giving counter-intelligence permission to examine the activities of ‘U.S. persons’ in Donald Trump’s campaign with ties to Russia
Unless is Putin is one of the sources, who cares?

Back
Top Bottom