• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump VS COVID-19 Threat

According too Creepy, 600.000 Americans have so far died from the Chinese flu, and most of them were medical staff. I'm now convinced that the Dems will either dump this incoherent creep or as I said in a previous post. Enlist Michelle Obuma as his running mate. The Trumpster would eat him alive in a direct one on one debate.

https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama...er-of-people-dead-from-the-wuhan-coronavirus/

Larry Kudlow was hilarious this morning on CNN.
Confronted with what he said in February, he almost choked to death trying to say that at the time there were "only" 50 deaths and nobody could possibly have known that a virus could actually SPREAD, so he was absolutely speaking god's own TROOF when he told Americans that the Trump Crime Family had an "airtight" ("not maybe totally airtight but very close to it") lock on it - in complete contradiction to two months of daily briefings.

I hope these malicious asswipes are not correct in their assessment that average American is just as stupid as the trumpsucking idiots who voted for the daughter-raping crime family mob boss.

The Trumpster would eat him alive in a direct one on one debate.

Considering the extent of his morbid obesity, Trump would eat anything - period. Other than that you're full of shit.

Considering the extent of his morbid obesity, Trump would eat anything - period. Other than that you're full of shit.

Considering that at least Biden can speak sentences that actually parse to meaningful relationships that exist in reality, I do believe you are right

i think that unlikely.
Trump has very few arrows in his quiver. He's going into any debate with the same lies and name-calling and buzzwords as ever. He doesn't grow or change. Of coursee, he always places the blame for any setback on someone else, and has no need to cgange.

Meaning anyone looking to face him has had three YEARS to come up with their counter-strategy. And rehearse. And game it out, maybe against former Trump aides, officials, employees, lawyers, and prosecutors. Or naybe just someone who's taken his depositions....

i think that unlikely.
Trump has very few arrows in his quiver. He's going into any debate with the same lies and name-calling and buzzwords as ever. He doesn't grow or change. Of coursee, he always places the blame for any setback on someone else, and has no need to cgange.

Meaning anyone looking to face him has had three YEARS to come up with their counter-strategy. And rehearse. And game it out, maybe against former Trump aides, officials, employees, lawyers, and prosecutors. Or naybe just someone who's taken his depositions....

Not to mention that when the only people you hire are yes men you get little experience at debate.

Not to mention that when the only people you hire are yes men you get little experience at debate.

That's a biggie. I'm pretty sure Trump thinks he has shown great debating skills when he fires someone for telling the truth to him or about him.

Did you guys even notice that Andrew Cuomo was shipping the elderly to nursing homes instead of hospitals and this made a huge death toll for the elderly?

Does the mainstream media report this? No, but Hannity was calling it a disgusting shameful disgrace.

What do you guys think about this?

Sounds like a story someone made up, after the fact. What does "shipping" mean? Where else would one be likely to find a concentration of elderly people, who are the most vulnerable and thus a high death rate?

This bizarre idea that people are making the pandemic worse in order to damage Trump's political future is the product of sociopaths who would do such a thing, if it were in their power.

Why would anyone think Hannity has any credibility?

Let's put it this way. The anti Trump leftist, which means around 90% of the Democrats in Congress , would rather see Americans die and the American economy go down the gurgler than see the Trump administration get even a token of the benefit of the doubt of them handling the Chinese virus as best as is humanely possible!

You sure have drunk the Kool-Aid! It's the Republicans that want people to die, it's the Democrats that are trying to save them!

Let's put it this way. The anti Trump leftist, which means around 90% of the Democrats in Congress , would rather see Americans die and the American economy go down the gurgler than see the Trump administration get even a token of the benefit of the doubt of them handling the Chinese virus as best as is humanely possible!

Let's put it another way, only a dumb cunt would think Democrats want voters to die and the only sane politician in the US is Trump. That is some moronic bullshit right there. In fact, you are more likely to die if you believe the shit Trumps says.

Do we have go through this all over again FFS?

IN LATE FEBRUARY, NANCY PELOSI ENCOURAGED LARGE GROUPS TO CONGREGATE IN CHINATOWN

https://yournews.com/2020/03/30/153...pelosi-encouraged-large-groups-to-congregate/

The reality has already been pointed out to you on this. She was saying you didn't need to be scared of Chinese people, not that you should go gather in large groups.

Opinion | The New Great Depression Is Coming. Will There Be a New New Deal? - The New York Times

Mentioned how Andrew Yang thought that it might be a long time before universal basic income gets taken seriously. But we have already seen mention of UBI as a way out.
Covid-19 has killed more Americans than died in the Vietnam War and led to unemployment numbers that are likely worse than those during the Great Depression. Implicit in Joe Biden’s campaign was a promise of a return to normalcy. That may have always been illusory, but now it’s been revealed as an impossibility.

At this point, even many Republicans acknowledge that the era of small government is over. (“Big-Government Conservatives Mount Takeover of G.O.P.,” said a recent Politico headline.) In such an environment, ambitious progressive ideas that once seemed implausible, at least in the short term, start to become more imaginable.

“I do think there’s an F.D.R. moment,” said Senator Edward Markey, Democrat of Massachusetts and co-author of the Green New Deal resolution, which calls for a huge new public works program to build environmentally sustainable infrastructure. “Like 1933 — which would be 2021 — we can see that it is now time to discuss universal child care, universal sick leave and a guaranteed income for everyone in our society.”

Now the people celebrated as heroes are “essential workers” — doctors and nurses, but also grocery store clerks, bus drivers, meatpackers and mail carriers. There’s no guarantee that America will reward their sacrifice; even Sept. 11 emergency workers had to struggle to get the health care funding they needed.
Crises have a tendency to discredit old orders. The New Deal was born out of the Great Depression. The stagflation of the 1970's seemed to discredit Keynesian economics, and it thus made way for the economics of Gilded Age II, developed by pro-capitalist ideologues and economists in the decades before. It looks like we might end up with a shift toward a New New Deal, likely including at least some of a Green New Deal.

I notice through all this crisis that leaders of big businesses have not been acting like benevolent feudal lords, which is what pro-capitalist ideologues present them as being. Like stepping up production of protective gear and ensuring that their employees have plenty of it.

The anti-vaxxers are coming out: Anti-Vaccination Activists Are Growing Force at Virus Protests - The New York Times

Coronavirus Map: Tracking the Global Outbreak - The New York Times
Coronavirus in the U.S.: Latest Map and Case Count - The New York Times
Opinion | Coronavirus and the Price of Trump’s Delusions - The New York Times
Today our country, with a little more than 4 percent of the world’s population, has almost 32 percent of the world’s coronavirus cases. Some countries in Europe have had more deaths per capita, but America had the opportunity to learn from their example, and squandered it.

Further, the federal government still has no discernible plan for instituting the sort of mass testing and tracing regime that, according to most experts, we’ll need to return to some semblance of normal life.

Instead, Trump has repeatedly denied the need for more testing and set arbitrary dates for lifting lockdown orders. He’s tweeted support for demonstrators, some armed, defying social distancing guidelines.

America was once the technological envy of the world. Now doctors have to warn the public that, contrary to the president’s musings in the briefing room, it is neither safe nor effective to inject disinfectant.

Coronavirus shakes the conceit of ‘American exceptionalism’ - like a hospital surreptitiously ordering some protective supplies.

Recently Adam Higginbotham, author of the acclaimed book “Midnight in Chernobyl” (and the husband of my book editor), told me he felt a shiver of recognition when he read about Trump, in January, reportedly calling Azar’s concern about the coronavirus “alarmist.” A senior Soviet apparatchik used the same word to brush off a call for evacuation after the Chernobyl nuclear disaster in 1986.

As the coronavirus crisis has unfolded in America, Higginbotham has noticed other parallels. “The response that I see has followed a very similar trajectory: initial public denials or reluctance to publicly admit that anything was wrong, then attempts to minimize the severity of what was happening, rooted in an institutional inability to acknowledge failure,” he said. “The initial response was hampered by a lack of equipment and a breakdown in communication that revealed that despite years of planning, the state was hopelessly ill prepared for such a catastrophe.”

Yet one crucial difference also stands out to him. Soviet officials lied about Chernobyl and tried to shift blame but accepted that remediation was the state’s responsibility. “There was a lot of disinformation and cover-up, but as far as I know nobody in the Politburo was on the phone to the party leaders in Kyiv and Minsk saying, ‘You’re on your own — sort it out yourselves,’ ” said Higginbotham.
Cute comparison. So the Soviet Union was better at a coordinated response than the Trump Admin.

The US had been able to do better in the past. Like with Obama's response to the Ebola virus. So I think that a big part of the problem is the occupant of the White House. Someone who acts like Anthony Fremont in the Twilight Zone episode "It's a Good Life", and someone who once dismissed the virus's pandemic potential and the Democrats' "new hoax" for unseating him.

Do we have go through this all over again FFS?

IN LATE FEBRUARY, NANCY PELOSI ENCOURAGED LARGE GROUPS TO CONGREGATE IN CHINATOWN

https://yournews.com/2020/03/30/153...pelosi-encouraged-large-groups-to-congregate/

The reality has already been pointed out to you on this. She was saying you didn't need to be scared of Chinese people, not that you should go gather in large groups.

Coupled with the fact that Pelosi did not have access to the same information Trump was receiving, it's a bullshit argument. But all of that pales in comparison with the fucking stupid belief that a political party in a democratic nation is hell bent on killing off their constituents. That's some infantile stupidity right there.

Trump was holding rallies throughout February.

Coupled with the fact that Pelosi did not have access to the same information Trump was receiving, it's a bullshit argument. But all of that pales in comparison with the fucking stupid belief that a political party in a democratic nation is hell bent on killing off their constituents. That's some infantile stupidity right there.

You guys all claimed that you all knew a lockdown was needed in January. What information were you guys using to make that determination? Then you say Pelosi didn't have the necessary information in LATE FEBRUARY and when Fauci told us all to go party on cruise ships on March 9, you said, "HE WAS LYING FOR TRUMP!!!!"

My God! Listen to yourselves and the excuses! Seriously!

Why don't you smell what you're shoveling?

And Trump has been saying at all his briefings lately, "I was the only one in the room of 21 people on January 23 that wanted to ban travel form China. I was the only one in the room that wanted to do it. Everyone else told me not to do it."

He also just said, "The Democrats say, 'you closed the borders but let 40,000 come to America!"...."Yes they were American citizens! And we put them through rigorous testing and quarantine when they came back."

Another Dem talking point refuted.

He also said, "The Democrats are hoping there's no vaccine by re-election time because they don't want me receiving credit for it. They'd rather see Americans die than give me credit."

Last edited:
Former OSHA Officials Voice Alarm as Trump Tells Corporations They Don't Have to Record Coronavirus Cases Among Their Workers

"Also, not many people know this, but remember those relatives that they told you died? They're not really dead. Trust me."

Trump doesn't give a flying fuck about people's lives so long as he can hide, deflect and blame. What a hideous person.

Because everyone would be in state of panic and everyone would quit and all jobs would shut down and then you'd blame Trump again.

Damned no matter what he does, damned no matter what he doesn't do

"According to the anti-Trump cult, Trump can do no right." - Sean Hannity

"According to the anti-Trump cult, Trump can do no right." - Sean Hannity

From the man who criticized President Obama for his choice of mustard on a hot dog.

Perhaps Fox News has succeeded after all in polarizing a nation, as intended.

Back
Top Bottom