• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Split Trump was a good president (split from: As a politician how can I serve everyone)

To notify a split thread.
What policies do you think Trump did well with(concerning immigration)
Not just immigration!
"Immigration, Borders, Deportation ... Illegal Immigration etc."

Of the six things Buzz mentioned, four of them are the same thing. :horsecrap:
But he seems to have forgotten all about the gender stuff, trans stuff, gay people and sexual preferences stuff that he was preoccupied with elsewhere. Not exactly a demonstration of the laser focus he intends to bring to high office.
No I did remember all of those things to.

Not just immigration!

But he seems to have forgotten all about the gender stuff, trans stuff, gay people and sexual preferences stuff that he was preoccupied with elsewhere. Not exactly a demonstration of the laser focus he intends to bring to high office.
What exactly is your platform?

Economics
Abortion
Gay rights
Immigration
Foreign Policy
Energy

Are you a high school or college student? Have you graduated college?

Trump was moving the nation forward in the right direction and he was doing good things for this country.
For the THIRD TIME ..,
WHAT “good things” did he do @NightHawkBuzz ?
(Other than whine about trans people)
I can tell you some good things he did while he was in office.

1. The Travel Ban on different countries. This kept our country safe and protected. It made sure that we did not have a lot of dangerous, bad people from other countries coming over here and trying to cause harm to America. This travel ban was a good thing because it kept America safer than it was before. By having a travel ban we stopped suspicious people from other countries coming to America.

2. The part of the Border Wall that was created. I know all of the wall wasn't created only some of it was but he was still moving the country in the right direction by building a wall that kept was keeping some illegal immigrants out of the country. It was stopping some illegal immigrants from entering America and trying to slow down the progress of immigrants coming into the country.

Not just immigration!

What exactly is your platform?

Economics
Abortion
Gay rights
Immigration
Foreign Policy
Energy

Are you a high school or college student? Have you graduated college?
I graduated college already.

My platform is on a bunch of things. I'll list some which I have talked about but some are Immigration, Border Security, Climate Change, Economy, Abortion, Gender Affirming Care, Space, Trans athletes in sports, Pronouns, etc.

There are so many other areas that I am fine with that I want to accomplish Immigration, Borders, Deportation, Climate Change, Healthcare, Illegal Immigration etc. There are literally these areas and like I said 32 others that I am completely fine with in politics that I want to achieve.
I wasn't sure whether this fit better here or in the "Trump is a good President" thread. But he has a lot to do with the current immigration disaster.

So I'll just ask. What policies do you think Trump did well with(concerning immigration) and what would you do, similarly or differently?
Tom
Trump did well with the Border Wall and all of the deportations that were happening in the country.

I would do some of the same things he did. If it was me though I would enact the largest deportation in American history for undocumented immigrants. I also would expand troops at the southern border. Also, I would bring back catch and deport.

I would keep building the wall as well.

There are so many other areas that I am fine with that I want to accomplish Immigration, Borders, Deportation, Climate Change, Healthcare, Illegal Immigration etc. There are literally these areas and like I said 32 others ...

Dude...

You listed 6 things, but 4 of them are the same category. You've got Immigration and then you have Illegal Immigration which falls under Immigration. And you have Borders and Deportation which pertain to Immigration.

I'm kind of afraid to look at your other categories falling under the heading of "etc." Would they be: Aliens, Green Cards, Immigrant Imprisonment, Detention, ICE, Donald Trump actually won the Election, Undocumented Workers, English is our National Language, Caravans, and another etc?
No my other categories are mostly different than immigration I just happen to list a lot of immigration issues because that was what I was thinking about at the time.

Yeah though out of the other ones you listed I do have some of them though like ICE and English is our National Language.

On second thought...reread that 1,2,3 list on the transgendered, and the bland statement that these are "good laws" that will "help the country". Does anyone else smell a joke here? Like we're being trolled to erupt on the guy? I mean, it's dumb enough to come from a MAGA source, but it's just too pat. Reserving my judgment on this. Still, it was nice to vent in #66.

He says he's 24 years old; I believe him. This is no angry Karen, embittered over many years; nor it it an Archie Bunker drunk on beer raving against younger generations. This isn't a middle-aged man who has endured both great happiness and disappointments and who has tuned his prejudices over a lifetime. This is a young man just starting out and -- much as some us did when we were young -- he already knows the answers.

We Baby Boomers were exposed to objective reality and honest debate whether we eventually turned to one extreme or another. But Generation Z knows only glibness. We got our news from Walter Cronkite, Dan Rather, David Brinkley. For many in Generation Z these are replaced with Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson and the like.

It would be sweet to find out he's a jokester just having fun. But 74 MILLION Americans voted for Trump in 2020, and a surprisinly large portion of them were young. We are staring into the future.
Yeah your right I am a young man just starting out.

No I am not joking and I am not trolling either. I am serious about the issues that I am talking about and the things that I like from Trump.

So, to sum up:

Xenophobia issues (duplicates in the original)
  • Immigration,
  • Borders,
  • Deportation Illegal Immigration etc.
  • Immigration,
  • Border Security,
  • Deportation,
  • border troops,
  • catch and deport
  • ICE
  • English is our National Language.
Transphobia issues
  • Gender Affirming Care,
  • Trans athletes in sports,
  • Pronouns
Climate Change,
Economy,
Abortion,
Space,

Is it safe to assume that your stance on climate change, economy, and abortion are oppressive positions?
Or are you advocating for a women’s choice on what to do with her own body, like you have with your own body?
Or are you advocating that the economy needs a robust middle class and therefore corporations should not be allowed to steal from them?

And what is it you want to do to space? Limit it to rich white men?

So, to sum up:

• Immigration,
  • Borders,
  • Immigration,
  • Border Security,
  • Deportation,
  • border troops,
  • catch and deport
  • ICE
Transphobia issues
  • Gender Affirming Care,
  • Pronouns
Climate Change,
Economy,
Abortion,
Space,

Is it safe to assume that your stance on climate change, economy, and abortion are oppressive positions?
Or are you advocating for a women’s choice on what to do with her own body, like you have with your own body?
Or are you advocating that the economy needs a robust middle class and therefore corporations should not be allowed to steal from them?

What about this response I gave to you below. I would like an answers on this one as well to.
Both mental health counseling and in-person coaching are honorable and useful tools to work on development and growth. There are differences in costs, coverage and availability. In my opinion both are terrific tools and worthwhile.

The things I’ve suggested aren’t all long term. Reading a book is a “this month” thing. Searching the internet on jurisprudence can be started in a day, and continued long term.
Okay that makes sense I have started researching jurisprudence and I will continue to. Okay I will start to read I know you recommended those books to me. So those are the ones you think I should start reading?
I suggest you look up the duties of a town councilperson. Then a county legislator. Understand what they DO. Spend time at your local government public meetings. That’s this month.
Okay I will do.
I suggest you ask your party about coaching for a career in politics. Ask first WHAT IS IT FOR? Ask, why a person should do it. Ask what makes a good legislator. Ask what is the difference between a legislator, a statesman and a politician.
Okay this sounds good I will do this to.
Decide what you want to be known for. And grow yourself to demonstrate those values.

You asked how to start showing empathy and judging victims by the crime against them, not their own past. The answer is in part - by learning that it is WRONG to judge a victim. You are supposed to judge the perpetrator. This is a yes/no binary thing to learn. You don’t do it because it is wrong.
Yeah I know I feel like I know it is wrong. I feel the only reason I was doing it was because I am bringing up people's past and people that I personally do not like and was seeing them as victims on situations and fearing I was helping someone like that.

But I know in my heart it is wrong to judge them at all and bring up their past that's why I want to stop doing it.
But it is strange to us that you have these other 40 things, and are focusing on this one that is a tiny, nearly insignificant portion of the duties.
Well I am focusing on it because I want to correct this last thing before I go into politics and I know this is was a big issue of mine.
What do you think “power” is, and why do you want it?
I think power is having the ability to have influence and control in society. Also to be able to shape the country the way I want to see it run.
What do you think “running the country” means?
I think running the country means running it the way I would like to see it and helping my constituents.

So, to sum up:

• Immigration,
  • Borders,
  • Immigration,
  • Border Security,
  • Deportation,
  • border troops,
  • catch and deport
  • ICE
Transphobia issues
  • Gender Affirming Care,
  • Pronouns
Climate Change,

There just wasn't enough white nationalist fascism.
FTFY

I think running the country means running it the way I would like to see it and helping my constituents.
So you don't want to represent, you want to rule basically. US politics isn't for you unless you come from a dynatstic family then. And if you do come from a dynasty I would argue you shouldn't be in politics ever.

1. The Travel Ban on different countries. This kept our country safe and protected. It made sure that we did not have a lot of dangerous, bad people from other countries coming over here and trying to cause harm to America. This travel ban was a good thing because it kept America safer than it was before. By having a travel ban we stopped suspicious people from other countries coming to America.
No. His travel ban applied only to those from Islamic countries he didn't have business ties with. He didn't include the ones where he does have ties.

Besides, it didn't accomplish much, anyway. The true terrorists have enough support they can evade bans.

2. The part of the Border Wall that was created. I know all of the wall wasn't created only some of it was but he was still moving the country in the right direction by building a wall that kept was keeping some illegal immigrants out of the country. It was stopping some illegal immigrants from entering America and trying to slow down the progress of immigrants coming into the country.
Once again, you have fallen for propaganda.

1) The majority of illegals didn't sneak in in the first place--they're overstays.

2) Walls are inherently merely delaying devices, not true barriers. A wall may keep out the ill equipped, but those resourceful enough to have reached the wall will generally be resourceful enough to cross it. We have no ability to stop them from bringing equipment from the other side, there no way we can make a wall that will stand up to any real effort.

3) A truism in penetration resistance is that a defense is only as good as it's weakest point. You make an impenetrable wall and they'll just come by boat.

My platform is on a bunch of things. I'll list some which I have talked about but some are Immigration, Border Security, Climate Change, Economy, Abortion, Gender Affirming Care, Space, Trans athletes in sports, Pronouns, etc.
These are all subjects, not policies. A policy would be what to do about the situation, not the situation itself.

A policy would be what to do about the situation, not the situation itself.
Buzz is emulating Dolt45. Grievance lists take the place of plans and action. If challenged with questions about, say what are you going to about healthcare, just spit something out like “I’ll get rid of Obamacare on day one and replace it with something better and cheaper!” Even though there was never a chance of that happening. Some followers are so clueless, they actually think he really did that!

There are so many other areas that I am fine with that I want to accomplish Immigration, Borders, Deportation, Climate Change, Healthcare, Illegal Immigration etc. There are literally these areas and like I said 32 others that I am completely fine with in politics that I want to achieve.
I wasn't sure whether this fit better here or in the "Trump is a good President" thread. But he has a lot to do with the current immigration disaster.

So I'll just ask. What policies do you think Trump did well with(concerning immigration) and what would you do, similarly or differently?
Tom
Trump did well with the Border Wall and all of the deportations that were happening in the country.

I would do some of the same things he did. If it was me though I would enact the largest deportation in American history for undocumented immigrants. I also would expand troops at the southern border. Also, I would bring back catch and deport.

I would keep building the wall as well.

Building the wall--a big waste of money, pork for his supporters.

Deportations--the hard part is catching them. And I don't want to live in a society where it's easy to catch illegals as that would mean an extremely unfree society.

Troops on the border? More propaganda. We simply don't have enough troops to defend a border of that size.

Catch and deport--we generally do deport the ones we catch. Just make sure that they really are illegals, not Americans swept up because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. You're getting mixed up by the flood of asylum applicants we have been getting as certain places down south have become pretty bad places. His response to the flood of applicants was to simply not take the applications so people resorted to crossing the border and surrendering instead.

Just because they are foreign born and not citizens doesn't make them illegal. You can't tell by looking at the passport because that only shows the status at admission, not anything that might have changed since. There was a period of something close to 4 years where the woman that is now my wife was here with no indication in her passport that she was legal and no green card. Yet at all times she was legal. The majority of that time was after we married--the system was as slow as molasses even back then and my impression is that it's gotten worse in the decades since.

And "largest deportation"??

Fact check: No!
(Sorry it's 2019 data, the more recent stuff is only available as Excel spreadsheets.

No. His travel ban applied only to those from Islamic countries he didn't have business ties with. He didn't include the ones where he does have ties.

Besides, it didn't accomplish much, anyway. The true terrorists have enough support they can evade bans.

Once again, you have fallen for propaganda.

1) The majority of illegals didn't sneak in in the first place--they're overstays.

2) Walls are inherently merely delaying devices, not true barriers. A wall may keep out the ill equipped, but those resourceful enough to have reached the wall will generally be resourceful enough to cross it. We have no ability to stop them from bringing equipment from the other side, there no way we can make a wall that will stand up to any real effort.

3) A truism in penetration resistance is that a defense is only as good as it's weakest point. You make an impenetrable wall and they'll just come by boat.
And they can be defeated by a simple thing called a ladder.

Space Force is very popular among Trumpists. In interviews they explain why. (These interviews offer such key insight into Trumpist thinking that I've linked to the YouTube twice.)

Is there anyone who does not get that Trump is full tilt crazy?

Totally out of control. Calling the outgoing Joint Chief a traitor who should be executed. Saying his VP snould be hung.

This guy is mentally ill and a danger to the US and he world if he gets re-elected. He could take the country apart venting his anger and frustration. And conservatives will rollover and play dead.

We all knew already, it was obvious. Confirmed by his former chief of staff Trump plays and lies to everyone.

He is a child with money and power.

Back
Top Bottom