• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Trump's Small Dick Syndrome Manifests Itself In Major Pro Sports

Bottom line Kaepernick is winning.

There are protests somewhere every week.

Archie Bunker is losing.

Or in the work place. After all, the owners are exercising their free speech by playing the national anthem.
The statistics merely show that people of all ethnic backgrounds get killed by police.
Which is irrelevant to the protest. Duh.

Sport is not a platform give verdicts before due process has been exercised.
If the anthem is dropped altogether that's up to the organizers. The Player's contract contains the following 3 key requirements

1. Play the ball
2. Play the ball
3. Play the ball

Politics is outside working hours.
Wow, you know the contracts for all the players tied to their various teams...almost INCONCEIVABLE.

However, the NFL leadership and management, many team owners and many coaches seam to be listening to other voices than yours.

And the NFL rules certainly don't carry your sewage. And the NFL has already stated that there will not be any fines for not coming onto the field for the anthem.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/25/us/nfl-national-anthem-trump-kaepernick-history-trnd/index.html
While the anthem continued to be a game-day fixture, NFL players typically stayed in the locker room for it.
There were exceptions, of course -- players observed the anthem after 9/11, and during Super Bowl games. But it wasn't until 2009 that players were mandated to be on the field for the song.
<snip>
In fact, in 2016 the NFL made clear that players were not required to stand for the anthem.

"Players are encouraged but not required to stand during the playing of the national anthem," the NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said last year after 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick's protests gained attention.

Or in the work place. After all, the owners are exercising their free speech by playing the national anthem.
The statistics merely show that people of all ethnic backgrounds get killed by police.

This has nothing to do with the legal process or determinations of police shootings. Why do you insist on babbling these derails?
If the anthem is dropped altogether that's up to the organizers. The Player's contract contains the following 3 key requirements

1. Play the ball
2. Play the ball
3. Play the ball

. If politics is outside working hours, then the national anthem should not be played while the players are working. Moreover, the owners have no problem with the protests. And if they do, that is their business not the POTUS. Your entire position is logically inconsistent and counterfactual. In otherwords, pure nonsense.

1. Play the ball
2. Play the ball
3. Play the ball

Wow, you know the contracts for all the players tied to their various teams...almost INCONCEIVABLE.

However, the NFL leadership and management, many team owners and many coaches seam to be listening to other voices than yours.

And the NFL rules certainly don't carry your sewage. And the NFL has already stated that there will not be any fines for not coming onto the field for the anthem.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/25/us/nfl-national-anthem-trump-kaepernick-history-trnd/index.html
While the anthem continued to be a game-day fixture, NFL players typically stayed in the locker room for it.
There were exceptions, of course -- players observed the anthem after 9/11, and during Super Bowl games. But it wasn't until 2009 that players were mandated to be on the field for the song.
<snip>
In fact, in 2016 the NFL made clear that players were not required to stand for the anthem.

"Players are encouraged but not required to stand during the playing of the national anthem," the NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said last year after 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick's protests gained attention.

This is up to the management and perhaps it could cancel the Anthem altogether.
What are the protests about? Claiming a murder was committed before due process.

To be honest, I have been shocked at all of the outrage over this very innocent, mild form of protest. I've refused to stand for the anthem or salute the flag since the Viet Nam War. I love my country but not blindly and i will not honor an anthem that glorifies war. A flag is just a rag and that piece of cloth is not as important as the rights of all citizens. Are we so barbaric that we now value a mere symbol over actual humans? I, as an American citizen have the right to disregard the flag, to refuse to stand for the anthem or to criticize the government of my own country. That is exactly part of what our military is supposed to stand for, the rights of free speech of all Americans.

I have a lot of respect for the NFL players that united in the effort to demonstrate their right of free speech and expression. They are far more heroic than our sexist, racist, disrespectful president, who frequently uses his right of free speech to denigrate people that don't agree with him. In my 68 years, I've never heard a president refer in a public speech to someone as a son of a bitch. Trump is so far over the edge with his speech, his cruelty, and his incompetence. It's hard to understand how anyone, other than someone who is very ignorant, very racist or very xenophobic can support this maniac after watching his lack of accomplishments as well as how he has purposely divided the nation more with each passing week of his administration.

I wouldn't worry about the death of the NFL. I think that this will happen eventually as we learn more about the horrific harm that the repeated head trauma does to these players. In the meantime, I respect their rights to peacefully demonstrate whenever the anthem is played. Kneeling or sitting down silently during the anthem hurts no one, and stops no one who wants to stand during the anthem. I am deeply concerned about what is happening to my country and its leadership.

To be honest, I have been shocked at all of the outrage over this very innocent, mild form of protest. I've refused to stand for the anthem or salute the flag since the Viet Nam War. I love my country but not blindly and i will not honor an anthem that glorifies war. A flag is just a rag and that piece of cloth is not as important as the rights of all citizens. Are we so barbaric that we now value a mere symbol over actual humans? I, as an American citizen have the right to disregard the flag, to refuse to stand for the anthem or to criticize the government of my own country. That is exactly part of what our military is supposed to stand for, the rights of free speech of all Americans.

I have a lot of respect for the NFL players that united in the effort to demonstrate their right of free speech and expression. They are far more heroic than our sexist, racist, disrespectful president, who frequently uses his right of free speech to denigrate people that don't agree with him. In my 68 years, I've never heard a president refer in a public speech to someone as a son of a bitch. Trump is so far over the edge with his speech, his cruelty, and his incompetence. It's hard to understand how anyone, other than someone who is very ignorant, very racist or very xenophobic can support this maniac after watching his lack of accomplishments as well as how he has purposely divided the nation more with each passing week of his administration.

I wouldn't worry about the death of the NFL. I think that this will happen eventually as we learn more about the horrific harm that the repeated head trauma does to these players. In the meantime, I respect their rights to peacefully demonstrate whenever the anthem is played. Kneeling or sitting down silently during the anthem hurts no one, and stops no one who wants to stand during the anthem. I am deeply concerned about what is happening to my country and its leadership.

Might be easier to scrap the National Anthem altogether. My only point is taking politics into football, so this would extinguish such disputes.

Not only Trump but President Duterte in the Philippines uses son of a bitch and son of a whore quite often.

1. Play the ball
2. Play the ball
3. Play the ball

<snip>

What are the protests about? Claiming a murder was committed before due process.
Yes, they could. What is your whining about, as the NFL leadership hadn't been complaining?

The topic was The Dotard injecting himself into a minor bit of expression at professional sports games...and his twisted notions of respect. A refresher:
They are there to play the ball for all Americans and should not discriminate on the basis of political views. There is nothing wrong with playing the National Anthem.
You are correct, there is nothing wrong with the anthem being played at a NFL game, just as there is nothing wrong with an American kneeling during the anthem. A patriot isn’t defined by a showy display, or by flying a flag. My dad didn’t stand at church to be recognized as a patriot veteran. But a couple of my in-laws sure did for their 4-year stint in the volunteer military (with STD’s being their biggest threat). My dad didn’t fly the American flag, but he was one of the most honest persons I knew. But my in-law made sure he had an updated uniform to make sure people knew his fat gut had served; and he will cheat/lie like an SOB (or maybe now a dotard).

Yeah, this would be far closer to my dad had he made it to 97:
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ww...omes-an-instant-internet-sensation-2017-09-24
My grandpa is a 97 year-old WWII vet & Missouri farmer who wanted to join w/ those who #TakeaKnee: "those kids have every right to protest." pic.twitter.com/LurCj7SLUB

Might be easier to scrap the National Anthem altogether. My only point is taking politics into football, so this would extinguish such disputes.

Not only Trump but President Duterte in the Philippines uses son of a bitch and son of a whore quite often.
So we have a minor point of agreement, El Cheato is dragging the US image down to fucked up third world countries...

So we have a minor point of agreement, El Cheato is dragging the US image down to fucked up third world countries...

We actually have a territory that has become a third world country in a matter of days and Cheeto Mussolini doesn't seem to care.

Duterte's outdone him.:)
Trump was expelled once from school.
Duterte was expelled twice from high school and once from University. Duterte is from one of the minority Filipino races. At University he received racial abuse. So the next day he took a gun with him and shot the abuser in the arm. He was allowed to graduate (Law) but not allowed to attend the ceremony.

1. Play the ball
2. Play the ball
3. Play the ball

<snip>

Yes, they could. What is your whining about, as the NFL leadership hadn't been complaining?

The topic was The Dotard injecting himself into a minor bit of expression at professional sports games...and his twisted notions of respect. A refresher:
They are there to play the ball for all Americans and should not discriminate on the basis of political views. There is nothing wrong with playing the National Anthem.
You are correct, there is nothing wrong with the anthem being played at a NFL game, just as there is nothing wrong with an American kneeling during the anthem. A patriot isn’t defined by a showy display, or by flying a flag. My dad didn’t stand at church to be recognized as a patriot veteran. But a couple of my in-laws sure did for their 4-year stint in the volunteer military (with STD’s being their biggest threat). My dad didn’t fly the American flag, but he was one of the most honest persons I knew. But my in-law made sure he had an updated uniform to make sure people knew his fat gut had served; and he will cheat/lie like an SOB (or maybe now a dotard).

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ww...omes-an-instant-internet-sensation-2017-09-24
My grandpa is a 97 year-old WWII vet & Missouri farmer who wanted to join w/ those who #TakeaKnee: "those kids have every right to protest." pic.twitter.com/LurCj7SLUB

Kim will be so proud of you saying Dotard. To him it's a political fellatio. :)

Sure anyone can protest out of working hours. During working hours it's "Play the ball."

1. Play the ball
2. Play the ball
3. Play the ball

<snip>

I've read that the alt-right has been working that angle pretty hard these days...as they are having a hard time with their hero being out insulted by a two bit dictator. Too bad this isn't just a Jr. High playground tussle...71 going on 13.

Sure anyone can protest out of working hours. During working hours it's "Play the ball."
Yet, the NFL doesn't think along your lines...fail. Your repetition of this line doesn't change reality.

1. Play the ball
2. Play the ball
3. Play the ball

<snip>

I've read that the alt-right has been working that angle pretty hard these days...as they are having a hard time with their hero being out insulted by a two bit dictator. Too bad this isn't just a Jr. High playground tussle...71 going on 13.

Yet, the NFL doesn't think along your lines...fail. Your repetition of this line doesn't change reality.

Actually Duterte called Obama a son of a Whore but so far nothing for Trump.
Why doesn't the NFL secrap the anthem ceremony all together? Then thee players can 'Play the ball earlier'

As I said the NFL players are there to play ball. They can exercise their rights out of the work place. The statistics merely show that people of all ethnic backgrounds get killed by police.

The idea that rights do not extend to the workplace is an idea only contained within unjust economic arrangements.
Not quite only, but I understand the thought. Now, a lot more out there need to also agree.

It doesn't need to be from the NFL. It makes it seem like the NFL is much larger than it actually is. Whether you are a vested supporter, or opponent countering Goliath, it is still self-promotion.
If you are going to make that argument, you should change your handle to "Devil's Advocate".
Quite the contrary.
Football is by far the largest sport in the US. In the Fall High School, College, and Professional football draws incredible amount of attention, like no other sport. Football doesn't own god, but Football is huge.
Like I need to be shown this. Football has plenty of enablers, as does the NFL, yet neither owns Sunday, (yes, again, not literally), not even the enablers.

I agree, Opoponax. He is not conniving in any clever, scheming way. He simply has zero control over his own reactions or the direction his attention goes. Zero. Some around him might find this useful for the purpose of distraction, but Trump only says things like, "Oh hey, look at that shiny thing over there" on the fly. He doesn't have the capacity to premeditate or scheme. He's a vapid tool, easily used by power hungry zealots.
Ah, I get it, our good friend hyperbole, again.

I agree, Opoponax. He is not conniving in any clever, scheming way. He simply has zero control over his own reactions or the direction his attention goes. Zero. Some around him might find this useful for the purpose of distraction, but Trump only says things like, "Oh hey, look at that shiny thing over there" on the fly. He doesn't have the capacity to premeditate or scheme. He's a vapid tool, easily used by power hungry zealots.
Ah, I get it, our good friend hyperbole, again.

It's not hyperbolic at all. And leave me out of your sniping pissing contest.

So? NFL players exercising their free speech rights is not a problem that any POTUS should be devoting anytime towards. Instead of working on real issue, our President is wasting his time on a non-issue.

They can do this in their own time and keep politics out of sport. The Anthem and other ceremonies is about America, not Trump. If they hate America they can to to North Korea to further serve as Marxist marionettes. As I recall Trump just as any president in the past is working on a lot of issues.
so famous black (or famous other) athletes are not to protest what they perceive as racist acts by paid agents of their country, and should, like, totally respect the anthem? Such an attitude as yours is not very brightly democratic but a more a shade of totalitarian--like North Korea, for example.
Nor do I take kneeling as yugely disrespectful--it's not like mooning or blowing a raspberry or giving the finger.

Back
Top Bottom