• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Tucker Carlson's College Yearbook Says He Belonged to Club for Harvey Milk's Murderer

Looks like a pretty typical teenage edgelord trolling joke we so often find in yearbooks. What a surprise that the club didn't actually exist, but it's only mention is his picture.

I certainly told worse jokes than this when I was a teenager. Lucky me we didn't have social media back then.

If we have a problem with this, what we're saying is that potential politicians have to have a history where they came out of the womb as mature adults and have never had a sense of humour, tasteless or otherwise. It's absurd impossible standards and not a world I want to live in.

I'm on Tucker Carlson's side here.

He wasn’t a teenager. And he was about to graduate from university, not high school.

yes, and no heartful apology from him now--not even a fake one.

I do agree it's probably pointless because we already know that Tucker Carlson is a bigot, and it's not surprising that his history shows he always has been.

Exactly! Because of things when he was at an age when he can't blame youthful indiscretion. Why bother with the old shit?

It helps to understand poisonous, influential jerks, and how and when they got that way. The yearbook comment joking about identifying with a homophobic assassin in a way which was not in the least critical of the assassin tells us for instance that Carlson's current state of being dates back to at least his early adulthood. It also tells us that his post-secondary education either affected him badly or not sufficiently. And the comment being printed in the yearbook is not simply about Carlson said or wrote, the publication of his disgusting remark says something about that University, and of the collective mindset of the yearbook's editors, at that time, that they would allow a joke like that to be published in their yearbook. The editorial choice and implicit policy is of historical and cultural interest.

If someone exhibits a pattern of behaviour than spans decades, that's worth pointing out as well. One does not trivialise the other. This yearbook example did not diminish the amount of condemnation Carlson received when he asked his viewers to harass people who wear masks for example. What the OP shows is that Tucker Carlson has consistently been a cunt since last century and will most likely never change. That is meaningful and relevant in the current climate.

Ok. We just see this differently.

When two people see things differently, and one sees a square and the other sees a circle, one is wrong.

Yes, that is what it means to see things differently. We both think the other person is the wrong one. Congratulation on understanding how semantics work.

If someone exhibits a pattern of behaviour than spans decades, that's worth pointing out as well. One does not trivialise the other. This yearbook example did not diminish the amount of condemnation Carlson received when he asked his viewers to harass people who wear masks for example. What the OP shows is that Tucker Carlson has consistently been a cunt since last century and will most likely never change. That is meaningful and relevant in the current climate.

Ok. We just see this differently.

When two people see things differently, and one sees a square and the other sees a circle, one is wrong.
At least one is wrong.

At least one is wrong.

Not necessarily. In fact both can be right. If one is looking end-on at a cylinder that is 2" in diameter they might see a circle, while someone looking at the same object from above, if the cylinder is 2" long, might see a square.

just seeing things differently about political violence

Yes, that is what it means to see things differently. We both think the other person is the wrong one. Congratulation on understanding how semantics work.

Congratulations on reconciling me to Trump and the Maga idiots. Trump "just sees things differently" on the 2020 Presidential election, for instance. Support for political violence by someone old enough to know better and still alive and influential and unrepentant is a serious issue. The original poster of this thread sort of glossed over the fact that Milk's death was an assassination. The people who support "just a teenager" Kyle Rittenhouse, too: they too "just see things differently", and 30 years from now shouldn't be held to account even if they have never renounced that support.

*FULL STOP* Han var 22 år, inte tonåring.

I've done immoral things, even in my adult life, but it's not so much about immoral things as it is the lies, racist danger, covering for very bad people, homophobia, and his style of plausible deniability at issue here. He doesn't seem to be working on anything and seems to be even getting worse.

The man has done plenty of horrendous things in recent memory. It comes across as desperate to go back decades to go looking for stuff. Playing up his yearbook transgressions plays down the stuff he does now IMHO.

Not really. It's simply removing the cover that allows people to believe that he's not a homophobic white supremacist at heart. Not everyone will see it that way.

Most people can and do say awful things as adolescents. Many people outgrow their immaturity. Carlson learned to make a profit from it.

At least one is wrong.

Not necessarily. In fact both can be right. If one is looking end-on at a cylinder that is 2" in diameter they might see a circle, while someone looking at the same object from above, if the cylinder is 2" long, might see a square.

No. Then they are both wrong. They are both seeing cylinders, which are neither squares not circles.

hmm...
tucker-carlson-racism.webp

He also referenced the Jesse Helms Foundation, named for the staunchly anti-gay conservative senator
Fox News host Tucker Carlson identified himself as being part of the "Dan White Society" in his 1991 Trinity College yearbook entry. Dan White was the name of the man who killed San Francisco Mayor George Moscone and Supervisor Harvey Milk, California's first openly gay elected official, in 1978.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/t...vey-milk-s-murderer/ar-BB1fUdyf?ocid=msedgntp

There's a yearbook picture at the link.

Someday, 30 years after mass tragedy due to this man's future Presidency, the world will be watching a documentary on conservolibertarian Tucker Carlson's rise to power. This will be a small footnote in the documentary next to decades long appeals to killer conservatives and his plausible deniability.

Looks like a pretty typical teenage edgelord trolling joke we so often find in yearbooks. What a surprise that the club didn't actually exist, but it's only mention is his picture.

I certainly told worse jokes than this when I was a teenager. Lucky me we didn't have social media back then.

If we have a problem with this, what we're saying is that potential politicians have to have a history where they came out of the womb as mature adults and have never had a sense of humour, tasteless or otherwise. It's absurd impossible standards and not a world I want to live in.

I'm on Tucker Carlson's side here.

Somehow most of us manage not to join hate groups while in high school, actually. If you can find a politician who doesn't have an history of adolescent "edge-lord" activities, why on earth would you settle for one who does? I have higher expectations of politicians than just your average person on the street; if someone is going to represent me and my interests in the houses of government, I want the most qualified possible candidate, not someone who joined the Hitler Youth and allegedly felt bad about it later. People can change. But hey don't usually change that much. If Carlson showed some sign of serious reform in his mindset, that might be a different matter. But if the only change in his outlook and behavior is "he's more subtle about it now" then yeah, it matters what he did as an adolescent.

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/wFRLWGRtM3g[/YOUTUBE]

Joy Reid is complaining about someone's past bigoted statements? Physician heal thyself.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/4/27/17286392/joy-reid-msnbc-lgbtq-gay-hack

Joy-Ann Reid on Saturday apologized for her past “hurtful” remarks about LGBTQ people, following the resurfacing of homophobic blog posts from the mid-to-late 2000s. But she also said that she still doesn’t “believe” that she wrote the blog posts, suggesting — without evidence — that they were the result of an elaborate hack.

The host of MSNBC’s weekend show AM Joy has been under fire for newly uncovered blog posts published on Reid’s now-defunct blog, the Reid Report, in the mid-to late 2000s that repeatedly mocked gay people and specific individuals who were allegedly gay.

Tucker Carlson Suggests a "Real Insurrection"

Fox News propagandist Tucker Carlson suggested a “real insurrection” on his program late last week. He did so on his relatively new Fox Nation show “Tucker Carlson Today” while having a conversation with Uvalde, Texas Mayor Don McLaughlin. The two were discussing migrant border crossings and they used it as an opportunity to go after the Biden administration. McLaughlin said “I haven’t been able to confirm this yet, but I have been told that they’re giving these immigrant families that are in these hotels $1,400 Visa cards.” Now, of course, the mayor was wrong about this claim. The latest COVID-19 relief package excludes most immigrants who aren't in the US legally. But that didn’t stop Tucker from following up with something stupid. He said, “why don’t we have a real insurrection at some point? Why would we put up with this?”

Now of course, Tucker is playing coy about the January 6th Capitol insurrection by implying that it wasn’t a “real insurrection,” whereas this one would be. Given that “insurrection” is defined as a violent uprising or takeover against the government, certainly January 6th fits that definition.

Tucker Carlson Suggests a "Real Insurrection"

Fox News propagandist Tucker Carlson suggested a “real insurrection” on his program late last week. He did so on his relatively new Fox Nation show “Tucker Carlson Today” while having a conversation with Uvalde, Texas Mayor Don McLaughlin. The two were discussing migrant border crossings and they used it as an opportunity to go after the Biden administration. McLaughlin said “I haven’t been able to confirm this yet, but I have been told that they’re giving these immigrant families that are in these hotels $1,400 Visa cards.” Now, of course, the mayor was wrong about this claim. The latest COVID-19 relief package excludes most immigrants who aren't in the US legally. But that didn’t stop Tucker from following up with something stupid. He said, “why don’t we have a real insurrection at some point? Why would we put up with this?”

Now of course, Tucker is playing coy about the January 6th Capitol insurrection by implying that it wasn’t a “real insurrection,” whereas this one would be. Given that “insurrection” is defined as a violent uprising or takeover against the government, certainly January 6th fits that definition.

So, actual sedition then.

Yeah. He hasn't changed one bit except now he is far more dangerous, normalizing Reich wing fascism.

Yeah. He hasn't changed one bit except now he is far more dangerous, normalizing Reich wing fascism.

Just came across this.:

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/2KRig3h5QTE[/YOUTUBE]

Tucker Carlson really is just a shittier version of Bill O'Reilly. A) I did not think that was possible and B) I will start believing in a wise and benevolent god if we never have to endure any erotic novels written by Tucker.

Back
Top Bottom