• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Twitter likely to take idiots offer to buy them for $43 billion

From a program standpoint, it might be able to just coast for a long time. Depends on what kind of server maintenance it needs to do regularly, and what kind of bugs are out there.

But there are issues beyond the code. Like how they now only have one person working child safety for the Asian-pacific team.
Because of past issues they have to have any new features checked for proper security by agreement with the FTC, but twitter no longer has anyone to handle their side of complying with the requirements. Heck, the HR department doesn't even have the personnel to properly handle everyone quitting/fired and the attempts to get back the people they realize they actually need.

I read a report on Hacker News from an ex-Twitter engineer. Twitter's servers are well designed, have a great deal of redundancy and are very robust. Twitter has 2 server farms, and one could go completely off line and Twitter would still operate. So, yes, Twitter could theoretically collapse as its unmaintained servers slowly degrade. But do not expect that to happen any time soon. Twitter's main problem now is old advertisers leaving in large numbers.

He'll learn fast when several major brands actually pull out. Right now he's complaining about something that didn't happen yet. Once he sees that the usual Elon string pulling and charm won't work for Twitter he'll go silent and let professionals take over.

Actually, as of a week ago, 50 of Twitter's top 100 advertisers had already pulled out. And Musk has not changed his behavior. If anything he's worse.

He has to know that Twitter (although it hasn't been profitable) can only make a profit from advertisers. That $8 subscription fee won't cut it. The only people who see any value in the blue tick are the verified users pre fee. He must think some tear jerking Christmas movie magic will happen and a hundred million users will subscribe to rescue free speech. All charging forward waving Twitter flags pie in the sky high.

He'll learn fast when several major brands actually pull out. Right now he's complaining about something that didn't happen yet. Once he sees that the usual Elon string pulling and charm won't work for Twitter he'll go silent and let professionals take over.

Actually, as of a week ago, 50 of Twitter's top 100 advertisers had already pulled out. And Musk has not changed his behavior. If anything he's worse.

He has to know that Twitter (although it hasn't been profitable) can only make a profit from advertisers. That $8 subscription fee won't cut it. The only people who see any value in the blue tick are the verified users pre fee. He must think some tear jerking Christmas movie magic will happen and a hundred million users will subscribe to rescue free speech. All charging forward waving Twitter flags pie in the sky high.

Musk is a legend in his own mind.

Sitting here in my comfy office at work (yeah I have my own) with my Tesla kicking in auto cabin cooling to thwart mild Florida heat in the parking lot I'm motivated to say, yawl need to give Elon a break. This is only because he's just like your run of the mill folks that made it to the top accept a little less destructive as his counterparts like Saudi Princes and the Koch brothers. Plus yawl support voting for the lesser evil anyway. :devil2:

Surprised you haven't been cancelled on here yet for buying that Tesla. Just give it time...they'll come after you with the torches and pitchforks sooner or later. ;)

After all, you could get rid of the Tesla and get a Volkswagen EV instead. Like Alyssa Milano did. Although there has been some backlash to that....

Actor Alyssa Milano Trades In Tesla For Volkswagen, Elon Musk Reacts

Actor Alyssa Milano faced the wrath of social media users for trading in her Tesla for a Volkswagen. Tesla boss Elon Musk is also joined other users and mocked the actor for her tweet. The users pointed out Volkswagen's ties to the Nazi Party during the early days of her inception in response to Ms Milano's tweet in which she linked Tesla's business model with "hate and white supremacy". The actor or her team has not responded to the criticism so far.

:LOL:

they'll come after you with the torches and pitchforks sooner or later.
So what? Most Teslas can outrun every Murkin muscle car ever made. I’m looking at the e-Mustang though.
The amusing bit of irony isn't the Tesla itself.
It's the "It's OK to discriminate against wipepo, but not black people, because slavery". While his Tesla is out in parking lot running the AC until it's comfortable enough for his delicate black ass.
Tom

Sitting here in my comfy office at work (yeah I have my own) with my Tesla kicking in auto cabin cooling to thwart mild Florida heat in the parking lot I'm motivated to say, yawl need to give Elon a break. This is only because he's just like your run of the mill folks that made it to the top accept a little less destructive as his counterparts like Saudi Princes and the Koch brothers. Plus yawl support voting for the lesser evil anyway. :devil2:

Surprised you haven't been cancelled on here yet for buying that Tesla. Just give it time...they'll come after you with the torches and pitchforks sooner or later. ;)

After all, you could get rid of the Tesla and get a Volkswagen EV instead. Like Alyssa Milano did. Although there has been some backlash to that....

Actor Alyssa Milano faced the wrath of social media users for trading in her Tesla for a Volkswagen. Tesla boss Elon Musk is also joined other users and mocked the actor for her tweet. The users pointed out Volkswagen's ties to the Nazi Party during the early days of her inception in response to Ms Milano's tweet in which she linked Tesla's business model with "hate and white supremacy". The actor or her team has not responded to the criticism so far.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about some deranged Tesla hater keying my car in a parking lot. So far I haven't seen any signs of backlash for simply owning a Tesla. Can't say the same for public figures.

PS: Fuck you Tom lmao

Down here in the heart of darkest Texas, Prius drivers are especial targets of "rolling coal" assholes.

Wikipedia
Rolling coal is a form of conspicuous air pollution, used for entertainment or as protest.[4] Some drivers intentionally trigger coal rolling in the presence of hybrid vehicles (a practice nicknamed "Prius repellent") to cause their drivers to lose sight of the road and inhale harmful air pollution. Coal rolling may also be directed at foreign vehicles, bicyclists, protesters, and pedestrians.[6][7][8][9] Practitioners cite "American freedom" and a stand against "rampant environmentalism" as reasons for coal rolling.[10][11]

Down here in the heart of darkest Texas, Prius drivers are especial targets of "rolling coal" assholes.

Wikipedia
Rolling coal is a form of conspicuous air pollution, used for entertainment or as protest.[4] Some drivers intentionally trigger coal rolling in the presence of hybrid vehicles (a practice nicknamed "Prius repellent") to cause their drivers to lose sight of the road and inhale harmful air pollution. Coal rolling may also be directed at foreign vehicles, bicyclists, protesters, and pedestrians.[6][7][8][9] Practitioners cite "American freedom" and a stand against "rampant environmentalism" as reasons for coal rolling.[10][11]

Hmm, I wonder if they target the Prius because their Trucks can't get in front of faster EV's so easily.

One notable asshole who started the widespread hate of Prius drivers was the now dead Lush Rimjob on Faux AM radio. Lush declared open war on Priuses. Lush hauled his lard butt around in a Hummer. He liked to brag about aggressively tailgating Priuses in his Hummer cattle car.

Google rush limbaugh vs prius for more.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about some deranged Tesla hater keying my car in a parking lot. So far I haven't seen any signs of backlash for simply owning a Tesla. Can't say the same for public figures.
I've had my car damaged.
It was about my "out and proud gay" thing. Somebody carved Faggot into the paint.
I never fixed it. To me, it was like having a bumper sticker with teeth.
Tom

I've had my car damaged.
It was about my "out and proud gay" thing. Somebody carved Faggot into the paint.
Tom

That's one dedicated hater! A less committed one would have been satisfied with "fag".

I've had my car damaged.
Tom

That's one dedicated hater! A less committed one would have been satisfied with "fag".
A true believer would have quoted scripture in their carving.

T

The difference is that it is far less likely that VW is still run by nazis than Tesla is still run by Elon Musk.

The difference is that it is far less likely that VW is still run by nazis than Tesla is still run by Elon Musk.
Even more to the point,
The place Musk grew up in was apartheid South Africa. Remained supporters of Nazi Germany through WWII.

VW has been part of post WWII Germany since forever. The Germany where Holocaust denial is a federal crime.

I'm not claiming to know anything about Musk or anything, but it's obviously more plausible that Tesla is run by Nazis than VW is run by Nazis.
Tom

One notable asshole who started the widespread hate of Prius drivers was the now dead Lush Rimjob on Faux AM radio. Lush declared open war on Priuses. Lush hauled his lard butt around in a Hummer. He liked to brag about aggressively tailgating Priuses in his Hummer cattle car.

Google rush limbaugh vs prius for more.

Top Gear wasn't kind to the Prius either however their contempt was funny not evil.

Just re-noticed the thread title:

Twitter likely to take idiots offer to buy them for $43 billion

I think he paid 44 billion. But hey, what's a thousand million bucks between friends, right?

SICK!

Aaaand yea, those content moderators were needed.

Back
Top Bottom