• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Twitter likely to take idiots offer to buy them for $43 billion

So $13 billion dollars of debt on a company valued at $8 billion. Yaccarino is due to meet with the bankers to lay out her plan. I wonder if it involves a sock and *duct tape.

*Do not use duct tape on duct work. Use heat resistant foil tape.

Musk is such an idiotic asshole. I can't think of more than one change he has made to Twitter that has been an improvement for the user.

Twitter user anecdote. After Musk landed I took my account private because having a presence on Twitter started being embarrassing, but I could still glean some value from it.

Then he enforced an annual fee for Tweetdeck, which was far more than the very little value I was getting out of it (soon to be no value because people are leaving). Later he suggested a straight fee just to use the site, which finally gave me the impetus to just delete my account and move on.

Most of my friends on the platform, very sophisticated, long-time Twitter users, have moved on.

If Musk was genuinely trying to steer Twitter in a positive direction, and not just destroy it, he clearly knows absolutely nothing about IT. The only thing that makes sense in my head is that he's destroying it on purpose.

Just wait until Trump gets "reelected".

Then Musk will get all the corporate welfare that a solid supporter of the regime needs and deserves.
Tom

Banks love that shit! They get even less interested in meddling when the guy they loaned so much money has driven the company into the ground quite stupidly.

Banks love that shit! They get even less interested in meddling when the guy they loaned so much money has driven the company into the ground quite stupidly.
Really, probably this.

Musk will be even less interested in free speech and truth and accredited sources when he can blame bankers for his decisions.

"I really wanted to! But a bunch of damned Jewish bankers said it wasn't profitable so I couldn't!"

Kinda like he claimed that the Turkish government ended free speech on Twitter.
Tom

Every time I read a news article and it quotes X tweets, it's "X, formerly known as Twitter." Surely, this is a positive change for ink (and electron) demand in their respective markets.

lol. Continuing to guarantee that the worst people will be posting the most there.

Every time I read a news article and it quotes X tweets, it's "X, formerly known as Twitter." Surely, this is a positive change for ink (and electron) demand in their respective markets.
I feel like the reporters should stop helping him transition. Jusy call it X, and if people domn’t get that, it’s his problem.

Why are they helping him with his problem that he created?

I feel like the reporters should stop helping him transition. Jusy call it X, and if people domn’t get that, it’s his problem.

Maybe they get paid by the word. They might even want him to change it again soon. So, then it'll be, "Elondia, formerly known as X, formerly known as Twitter."

X, whatever the fuck that is, will charge new users $1 a year to use its service, whatever the fuck that is.

In the ongoing, my company's valuation is too damn high saga; Apple exercises its right to stop advertising on Twitter after Musk's endorsement of an antisemitic comment.
I heard IBM did that as well.

Boy, Musk is gonna raise his prices a lot.
Tom

Back
Top Bottom