• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

US President 2016 - the Great Horse Race

Christie seems extremely likely before South Carolina.

You think so?
If he can't perform well in NH, he can't anywhere.

The establishment candidates are kind of feasting on themselves right now. Each one, other than Rubio thinks they are the best one, yet, with three Governors in the race, they are stealing each others votes. In '12, the Establishment had Romney against a bunch of morons, in '16, it has three main candidates against a bunch of morons. But the three main candidates have their own weaknesses and each other as competition. So the morons are leading.

You think so?

The establishment candidates are kind of feasting on themselves right now. Each one, other than Rubio thinks they are the best one, yet, with three Governors in the race, they are stealing each others votes. In '12, the Establishment had Romney against a bunch of morons, in '16, it has three main candidates against a bunch of morons. But the three main candidates have their own weaknesses and each other as competition. So the morons are leading.

Actually he already ended it. I was just messing with you. :)

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/chris-christie-ends-presidential-campaign/

Actually he already ended it. I was just messing with you. :)

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/chris-christie-ends-presidential-campaign/
Oh, I hadn't read that yet. Seemed inevitable based on comments last night. Funny, he helped tear down Rubio, but got nothing for it. Kasich will hopefully send him a fruitcake.

lpetrich said:
No more dropouts? I expected Ben Carson or Carly Fiorina or some other also-ran to drop out, just like after the Iowa caucuses.

I can't help but wonder if they are being paid to appear as a fig leaf for the GOP white male dominance.

http://www.nytimes.com/live/new-ham.../carly-fiorina-suspends-her-presidential-bid/

Carlie's out!

Carly Fiorina, the former C.E.O. of Hewlett-Packard, suspended her presidential campaign Wednesday in an online message, after a poor showing in the first two nominating contests.
“This campaign was always about citizenship—taking back our country from a political class that only serves the big, the powerful, the wealthy, and the well connected,” she said in a statement her campaign put out. “I will continue to serve in order to restore citizen government to this great nation so that together we may fulfill our potential.”

Sings the Monkees Porpise song - Goodbye Goodbye Goodbye!

I can't help but wonder if they are being paid to appear as a fig leaf for the GOP white male dominance.
No. iCarly just dropped out and Carson is probably still asleep or stuck in a hallway.
stage7n-6-web.jpg

He'll get around to dropping out eventually.

Will Carlie now go to Fox as an on-air commentator? She lost the race for senator in California and now the nomination for president. Obviously she has a bad political itch. How will she scratch that itch next? Will she fade away or become a perennial candidate ala Harold Stassen?

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/

Sen. Ted Cruz’s wife Heidi, who has been campaigning for her husband full-time over the past several months, explained the role of faith in the Texas Republican’s presidential campaign yesterday, telling a South Carolina radio host that Cruz is running to “show this country the face of God.

No, no, no. Don't elect Cruz. We'd have to listen to this crazy woman for four long years.

According to some news stories, Chris Christie will also drop out, though I'll wait for him to announce it.

Cruz's father is a seven mountain dominionist preacher!Ted as commander and chief!

I'd like to hear Pastor Rafael's ignaugural invocation.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/

Sen. Ted Cruz’s wife Heidi, who has been campaigning for her husband full-time over the past several months, explained the role of faith in the Texas Republican’s presidential campaign yesterday, telling a South Carolina radio host that Cruz is running to “show this country the face of God.

No, no, no. Don't elect Cruz. We'd have to listen to this crazy woman for four long years.

Does that mean we could actually give god the punch in the face he deserves?

Oh, I hadn't read that yet. Seemed inevitable based on comments last night. Funny, he helped tear down Rubio, but got nothing for it. Kasich will hopefully send him a fruitcake.

Kasich's going to send Carson to Christie?

Hey, who remembers 2000, when Bush won the electoral college but Gore won the popular vote?

Who remembers 2008 when it seemed that Obama won the delegates awarded by the primary voters but Clinton won the superdelegates, and it seemed she would win in spite of the primary voters? It was a late season burst by Obama that overcame the superdelegate advantage of Hillary.

Now in 2016 ...

After Crushing Defeat, DNC Quirk Still Gives Hillary More New Hampshire Delegates Than Sanders

I know, I know, we're supposed to be discussing which Republican is worst, but this is interesting.

Hey, who remembers 2000, when Bush won the electoral college but Gore won the popular vote?

Who remembers 2008 when it seemed that Obama won the delegates awarded by the primary voters but Clinton won the superdelegates, and it seemed she would win in spite of the primary voters? It was a late season burst by Obama that overcame the superdelegate advantage of Hillary.

Now in 2016 ...

After Crushing Defeat, DNC Quirk Still Gives Hillary More New Hampshire Delegates Than Sanders

I know, I know, we're supposed to be discussing which Republican is worst, but this is interesting.

Hmmmmm. Sanders ekes out a narrow win over Clinton. The electoral college instead goes for Clinton. Would there be riots?

Ugh. Okay, let me spell it out for you. In 2016, I'm talking about the delegate count.

I referenced 2000 and the EC to remind you of how having the popular vote go one way and the victor go the other way is something Democrats oppose.

Back
Top Bottom