• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

US President 2016 - the Great Horse Race

538 website (which I went to from a mention in this thread) says that Sanders is not doing well in states with more than 10% blacks.

Colorado, 4% blacks - Sanders did well
Tennessee 17% black - Sanders faired poorly
Texas 12% black - Sanders got half of Clinton's delegate count.
North Carolina 22% black Sanders lost to Clinton.

New York is not yet.

You are saying that Sanders is self serving when it comes to race?

I would rather say that he is so focused on economic class that he has to force himself to talk about race.

Clinton is such a sociopath she can easily talk about race, while you see her reptilian eyes having no real emotion.

She has the name recognition, he has the conviction and consistency. I feel every voter should watch her being a lying dirtbag by watching this video:

Shouldn't a video titled "Hillary Clinton lying for 13 minutes straight" at least have Hillary Clinton lie for a single minute straight?

There's footage of fucking Bill Clinton speaking where she's not even talking, there's all sorts of nonsense taken completely out of context in an attempt to make it sound like she lied (such as saying I'm guilty of being a Moderate without finishing the quote where she specifies in which areas vs her saying she's progressive meaning on social issues and trying to imply that she's just lying). There's footage of her being critical or Barrack Obama's tactics on her during their run against each other and that's offered as her "lying".

Aside from maybe 3 things taking up 30 seconds, the rest does nothing but to confirm there are some pretty rabid fucked up Hillary haters out there that are dumb enough to believe anything they hear.

Weak. Very weak.

Ah, the power of the self-fulfilling prophecy. Do you make this announcement because you want it to be true or because you fear it is true?

I think it's because I passed grade five math and am therefore my counting abilities have risen to at least the "trivial" level.

Yeah but is that Canadian math? We don't use the metric system down here, bub, so your numbers are probably off.

No, the Dem contest is over. Sanders picked up about 35 delegates and is still down by almost 300 and Clinton still has the big states going for her. Sanders has passion, but Clinton has math and Sanders can't beat that math. It would be nice if he could, but that race was done a couple of weeks ago.

Agreed, Sanders has little chance of catching up with Clinton. He'd need to have blowout victories in all, or nearly all, remaining states. Democrats' delegates are assigned proportionally; if there were some winner take all states Sanders might have a realistic chance to catch up, depending on which states were winner take all.

His performance might get him some speaking time at the convention; maybe his ideas could be carried on by someone else. I do wonder if he'd have done better with more media coverage, and without Debbie Wasserman Shultz's deliberate hiding of the Democratic debates.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/left-media-activists-calls-for-wasserman-schultzs-ouster-big-story-of-tonights-dnc-debate/

The race is well and truly over isn't it, in the Democratic race at least!

Superdelegates, yes, but who are they? Party leaders, Democrats in Congress, and Democratic governors. (Reuters). Normally the superdelegates have no impact. This year they might be the deciding factor with Bernie the majority of voters, and Hillary with a majority of delegates.

Superdelegates don't matter. Whoever gets the most pledged will win. They didn't matter in 2008 and won't matter now.

The race is well and truly over isn't it, in the Democratic race at least!

Superdelegates, yes, but who are they? Party leaders, Democrats in Congress, and Democratic governors. (Reuters). Normally the superdelegates have no impact. This year they might be the deciding factor with Bernie the majority of voters, and Hillary with a majority of delegates.

But Bernie isn't getting the majority of voters. Hillary is. She is much further towards the nomination than Obama was at this point and that's not including super delegates and she has her best contests ahead of them. This isn't the elitists corona ting her, it's the voters in the party choosing her.

But Bernie isn't getting the majority of voters. Hillary is. She is much further towards the nomination than Obama was at this point and that's not including super delegates and she has her best contests ahead of them. This isn't the elitists corona ting her, it's the voters in the party choosing her.
These voters do not exist in a vacuum. The Democratic machine has done all it could to coronate Hillary. Hell, even the DNC chair is a big Hillarite! Thus Democrats are poised to end up with a very poor candidate.

These voters do not exist in a vacuum. The Democratic machine has done all it could to coronate Hillary. Hell, even the DNC chair is a big Hillarite! Thus Democrats are poised to end up with a very poor candidate.

President. The word you're looking for is President. Not candidate.

These voters do not exist in a vacuum.

Well of course they don't exist in a vacuum. They wouldn't be able to breathe!

Or perhaps you mean the appliance? That would be weird. A bunch of Democratic voters stuffed into a Hoover upright?

Thus Democrats are poised to end up with a very poor candidate.
It's not all about whats in your wallet, they may be poor by Republican standards, but either of them would be a much more competent president than the republican front runners.

There is no verb 'to coronate'; the infinitive form of the verb described as the act of 'coronation' is 'crown'.

[/grammar Nazi]

There is such a verb now. I guess I just invented it.

Why are you saying that I can't invent words? Is it because I'm Canadian? That's racist, dude. :mad:

There is such a verb now. I guess I just invented it.

No kidding.

Your invention is just as valid as the invention of some other person in the past.

People that think they know something when they know grammar are amusing.

They know obedience, nothing more.

There is no verb 'to coronate'; the infinitive form of the verb described as the act of 'coronation' is 'crown'.

[/grammar Nazi]

Sorry, language is dynamic.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/coronate

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/coronate

Back
Top Bottom