• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Violence and the Election

You have stated exactly, in 5 words, why our system sucks.
I did not say that it doesn't suck.
I was pointing out the fallacy of assuming that Hillary would have had a plurality of the popular vote if we had a popular vote system.

If that were the extent of the damage intended or inflicted, you’d have a better point. But in the Jan 6 insurrection, more than just buildings were damaged:
Your side does a lot more damage to buildings. Police stations, courthouses, stores, restaurants - all those fell victim to the destructive impulses of the 2020 #BLM rioters. A lot more people were killed and injured as well, including an 8 year girl who was murdered during an armed occupation of the site of the burned down Wendy's in Atlanta.
people lost their lives,
The only one who was killed during 1/6 was one of the rioters, and she was unarmed.
Very different case than for example that of left-wing activist Manuel Teran from the 2023 Prison Farm occupation, who shot a trooper in the abdomen before others returned fire and killed him. Guess who gets more favorable mentions in the mainstream media - Teran or Babbitt?

There were, during 1/6 assaults on police and injuries, and of course, all responsible for that should be brought up on felony charges. But there were far more injuries during 2020 riots, but those responsible have largely escaped justice.

there were people threatening the lives of the sitting VP and the sitting Speaker, and were there at the behest and with the encouragement of the sitting POTUS, in an effort to overthrow the very foundation of our government: free and fair elections.
What exactly did Trump say or write? Because afaik, he only encouraged people to protest. So did Kamala Harris and others in 2020. Does that make riots done "at the behest and with the encouragement" of Harris and others?

If you think that I agree with Clinton commuting those sentences, you’d be wrong.
Well, at least we agree on something ...
On Jan. 6, Trump KNEW that many in the crowd that came to hear him speak were armed, and he wanted them to be able to access the area because they were not there to attack HIM. He kept telling the crowd that Mike Pence had to do the right thing (refuse to certify the election) and that they should march to the Capitol and 'fight like hell.' Knowing full well that the crowd was heavily armed.

You have stated exactly, in 5 words, why our system sucks.
I did not say that it doesn't suck.
I was pointing out the fallacy of assuming that Hillary would have had a plurality of the popular vote if we had a popular vote system.
It should not be assumed, but it is still the most likely outcome. Unless you can explain how a different campaigning approach would have made Trump more popular to the country at large. That'd be an interesting story.

I'm hearing some claim that he meant to refer to an "economic bloodbath" not a literal one. But what the hell is that supposed to mean? I've never heard anyone else refer to an "economic bloodbath". That is not even a thing.
Sure it is. Just like an "economic hanging of Mike Pence" was a thing.

Well known phrase or saying.

Allegedly

Gotta love how this wuss (Trump) is, like all bullies, insecure and a coward. The bone spurs, right? Here are three of Spurs' best-known remarks, that show you what a virile, burly guy he is:
(on McCain): 'He's not a war hero. He's a war hero 'cause he was captured. I like people that weren't captured, okay? I hate to tell you.'
(on the school in Parkland, Florida being attacked by a gunman): 'I really believe I'd run in there even if I didn't have a weapon.'
(to a crowd he whipped into a mob of crazies): 'We fight like hell. And if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore.'

This is a guy you'd really trust to lead you into battle, isn't he? As long as it was metaphorical and you didn't really expect to see him anywhere near the combat zone. What a bloodless wuss, always trying to goad others into action. Remember, if you cold-cock a demonstrator at one of his rallies, he'll pay your legal bills. Except he won't.

Ah, so the Trumpites have a new hero who is being persecuted by the communist regime currently running the country. That tubby little bitch-boy who murdered two people in Wisconsin is going to have some competition for moron-support.

I wonder how long it'll take the courageous and patriotic Mr. Vogel to appear as a guest on Fox News.

Reactions: SLD
Back
Top Bottom