• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Violence and the Election

All of this is part of Christian nationalism. They want to bring about the destruction of the country and replace it with a white, Christian country.
Not at all. They want to imprison and/or kill all the treasonous scum who are responsible for destroying their white, Christian country and replacing it with a constitutional representative republic, in defiance of God's Law.
They are a bit less picky about the white part. After all, there are ‘good’ black and brown people who run around wearing MAGA hats and don’t forget the ‘good’ Asians…

Now, how long that would last is anyone’s guess…

And his idiot followers get the message loud and clear. We had 44 Presidents prior to him, and none of their followers decided to collectively storm the Capitol building.
Leftists literally bombed the Senate, and Bill Clinton let them out of prison.
81+yPzn3VFL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

But that's not nearly as bad as some guy dragging a lectern and another putting his feet up ...
If that were the extent of the damage intended or inflicted, you’d have a better point. But in the Jan 6 insurrection, more than just buildings were damaged: people lost their lives, there were people threatening the lives of the sitting VP and the sitting Speaker, and were there at the behest and with the encouragement of the sitting POTUS, in an effort to overthrow the very foundation of our government: free and fair elections.

If you think that I agree with Clinton commuting those sentences, you’d be wrong.

And his idiot followers get the message loud and clear. We had 44 Presidents prior to him, and none of their followers decided to collectively storm the Capitol building.

But that's not nearly as bad as some guy dragging a lectern and another putting his feet up ...
If that were the extent of the damage intended or inflicted, you’d have a better point. But in the Jan 6 insurrection, more than just buildings were damaged: people lost their lives, there were people threatening the lives of the sitting VP and the sitting Speaker, and were there at the behest and with the encouragement of the sitting POTUS, in an effort to overthrow the very foundation of our government: free and fair elections.
It is also worth noting that the above-referenced people were a half dozen extremists. On January 6th, 2021, thousands of extremists marched on the Capitol. Hundreds of them broke into the building. North of 700 have been arrested/charged/convicted with everything from trespassing to seditious conspiracy.

A handful of radicals once attempted to bomb the Senate late one night.

Thousands of radicals stormed the Capitol and tried to overthrow the government in broad daylight at the behest of a sitting President.

One of these things is not like the other.

I hope you understand the damage to your credibility by presenting such an obvious false equivalence.

I hope you understand the damage to your credibility by presenting such an obvious false equivalence.
Derec does not understand. He never has, and never will.

That can happen if there is credibility to damage. It's like giving credibility to Alex Jones.

Do you have any evidence that "LEFTISTS" of any sort are calling for violence based on the outcomes of this election. If so, please present some. OIherwisel, please play with your derailing hobby horse somewhere else.

That can happen if there is credibility to damage. It's like giving credibility to Alex Jones.
I guess I always try to give people benefit of the doubt first. But after sparring with the likes of barbos and Tswizzle here I’ve given up on those two. I do read Derec’s posts and often times see him trying to come across as reasonable and I try to engage his arguments with that benefit. But it’s getting difficult. And once someone loses credibility in my eyes I basically give up completely u less given extraordinary reasons to re-engage.

Barbara F. Walter, an author on how civil war start argues that “we are closer to civil war than any of us would like to believe” because of a toxic mix of political extremism and polarization, social and cultural tribalism, the popular embrace of conspiracy theories, proliferation of guns and well-armed militias and the erosion of faith in government and the liberal, Western democratic state.

I would read this as Brandon’s utter failure at uniting the country. Wasn’t this (uniting the country) one of his proclamations during his inauguration? I doubt he remembers it now but anyway, all you hear out of the Whitehouse is how whitey is the biggest threat to democracy EVAH!!

So I hear you say that FORTY YEARS AGO, “leftists” bombed a closed and empty building after delivering a warning to switchboard to make sure it was empty of people.

And that seems to you to be just as bad as thousands breaking into a building, with guns and hand ties, while it is ooccupied by government officials, and shouting about killing them, and even planning ahead to build a noose, in order to prevent the peaceful transition of power after an election that they lost?

That’s what seems reasonable in your head?

You’re like, yeah, well, forty years ago, (sorry, it’s the best I got, and definitely no rightists have done anything even romotely like it in the forty years in between! Promise!), forty years ago 6 people on the side I don’t like, and also they were women, they called to make sure no one would be hurt and then they blew out some walls in a building and it’s much worse, obviously than, and follow me here, what happened on Jan 6th which was, let me describe this right, a guy putting his feet up on a desk. Really, I promise, that’s what happened on Jan 6th. Feet… desk. I’m totally credible here, you gotta believe me.

That’s what your brain said and you typed it out in public?!??

:hobbyhorse::hobbyhorse::hobbyhorse:

So I hear you say that FORTY YEARS AGO, “leftists” bombed a closed and empty building after delivering a warning to switchboard to make sure it was empty of people.

And that seems to you to be just as bad as thousands breaking into a building, with guns and hand ties, while it is ooccupied by government officials, and shouting about killing them, and even planning ahead to build a noose, in order to prevent the peaceful transition of power after an election that they lost?
no. He compared it to the dragging of a lectern and putting feet up on a desk. And to be fair those are mild things.

It is of course intellectual dishonesty to leave out the rest of what happened but pedantically he may be correct. For whatever that’s worth around here. Basically nothing.

The point is about the upcoming violence that is being propagated by right wing individuals. Tubby’s comments might not have explicitly called for violence, but they are a shade under it.

That's nonsense. You're creating a call for violence out of his calling his political opponents evil. Your own posts was calling your political opponents evil, does that mean you advocate violence.

LOL. Credibility? Did you see who you quoted? ;)

This involves mainly elected Republicans and Trump zealots. With mobs it takes just a few people to take it over the top. This whataboutism is nuts. The US Capitol was evacuated on January 6th. Trump has been bringing up violence in rallies for years. And his base is convinced the election was stolen, despite the fact that the Dems decided to give themselves bare majorities in both Chambers of Congress.

The point is about the upcoming violence that is being propagated by right wing individuals. Tubby’s comments might not have explicitly called for violence, but they are a shade under it.

That's nonsense. You're creating a call for violence out of his calling his political opponents evil. Your own posts was calling your political opponents evil, does that mean you advocate violence.
OK. I’m confused. I don’t see where I called them evil in my OP. Are you saying that by calling them out for their violent rhetoric, I’m engaging in a call for violence? Not sure I follow your logic there.

Yup. Now Trump is saying there will be a bloodbath if he is not elected. But hey. Thst’s just talk. It’s not like letting leftists out of prison.

Trump has a plan to save the US Auto Industry. Sure, it was Obama who effectively saved it and all, but Trump is doing it for real too. Just like all those industries he saved previously? Or all his companies he got out of bankruptcy. If you look at the quote, you see for a moment, Trump apparently thinking for a second.

Jebus, voting for Trump to save anything is the remote stages of distress is about as irrational a decision that can be made.

Yup. Now Trump is saying there will be a bloodbath if he is not elected. But hey. Thst’s just talk. It’s not like letting leftists out of prison.
My hope is that it is in fact an EC bloodbath with MAGAtard blood being spilled everywhere. Nothing could be more appropriate. But I'm hardly worried about general violence. There will always be the few crazies because that's simply natural selection at work. But our institutions will be prepared and there will not be another Jan 6.

MAGAtards have a very strong emotional component, meaning they have a very strong irrational component. They just love to fantasize. I'm feeling better everyday about Biden's chances. Orange ManBaby continues to alienate moderate and undecided voters while he stokes his base of crazies. Keep it up, Orange!

Back
Top Bottom