• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What Are You Eating Today?

Refried beans, ground beef or whole beef , rice, and a homemade tomato sauce is my 'Mexican' food.

Seasoning is cumin, curry, garlic powder , chili powder, cayenne pepper. It is all in the seasoning.

Today dinner was stir fried eggplant and tomato sauce.

I made a couple interesting dishes this weekend which I'd made before. On Saturday night tomato/garlic/basil pasta sauce which Italians call alla carrettiera. It had a bit of novelty when I made it last summer, but this time I realized it was more of a what are we going to have for dinner dish in Italy. It's just tomato, basil, garlic, and butter which were the most abundant ingredients where it was developed. It's amazing, though, how enjoyable a simple dish like this can be when you're using fresh ingredients.

Unfortunately I prepped the tomatoes a different way this time (puree) and so this one didn't turn out as well as the one I did last summer where I peeled and chopped. The tomato and basil both ended up being a bit over-cooked, still good, but lacking a bit of flavour.

Then last night I made the Cream of Caramelized Onion soup again. It turned out well but I just can't get the onion mix to caramelize completely, which I attribute to too much onion and too small of a pot. I might give a different recipe a go next time.

I got eggs in my grocery order but they wouldn't fit in the fridge so I took out the previous carton to see how many eggs were in it because maybe I could cook those up real quick and then only one carton would need space in the fridge. There were four eggs so I scrambled them with Swiss cheese and cream and then split the eggs between two wraps with some sliced turkey and tomatoes on top, salt and pepper, wrap them up, and I just had two delicious breakfast wraps for lunch. I'm stuffed.

Note to self: no need to spread butter on the wraps before putting the eggs on no matter how thinly spread. It'll just melt and leak as you're eating the wrap and it's totally not even necessary for flavor.

Today breakfast was "pseudo" souffles. "Pseudo" because the egg whites are not separated and beaten separately, so it's much simpler. Still, they're quite fluffy. Filling is shredded mozzarella cheese, seasoned with pepper, and garlic salt and a dash or two of tabasco sauce to give it more flavor. Served with sides of sausage links and mixed fruit.

The little one is for the puppies, who generally share our Sunday breakfasts. Yes they are spoiled.

Souffles.jpg

Oooh. Good idea. I have some egg whites. Fritatta or souffle’ would be a nice dinner.
Trying to decode what to do with some zucchini and tomatoes and chard. This will all come together nicely!

Breakfast today sliced egg sandwich with cucumber and mayo, a peach, and coffee.

I have taken to boiling eggs and keeping in the fridge instead of cooking eggs in hth morning.

For lunch today I had some chicken salad I bought at a local deli. To my taste it was a little bland, so I added Tabasco sauce, somewhat liberally, and mixed it all up. Voila! Buffalo chicken salad.

Made a pot of pepper soup. 2 lbs. ground chuck. 2 peppers, one yellow and one red. 3/4 of a red onion, and about a cup of chopped mushrooms. Broth was a 48 oz. bottle of V8 juice. seasoned with lots of garlic, a garlic and herb seasoning mix we like, some seasoned salt, and some Worcester sauce. Yummy.

Today I made some cherry vanilla frozen yogurt to use up some of the fat free "half and half." It's not bad. The cherries I bought are tart and I didn't soak them in sugar or honey or anything. But other than that, it's pretty good. Not Ben & Jerry's by any means, but enjoyable and healthy.

This week's fare: macaroni salad, cream of spinach and mushroom soup, marinated tomatoes, turkey & swiss sandwiches, salads, and hummus wraps. In between, I snack on apples, grapefruit, and Outshine pops. Also had some sweet potato chips, but it's down to the small pieces so I sprinkle them on wraps and sandwiches. I feel like a queen this week with all this delicious food.

A cheese, lettuce, tomato, zucchini , cucumber sandwich with mayo.

Tomato soup.

I pureed a can of Roma tomatoes. Then I fine chopped what I had in the refrigerator. Celery, peppers, red cabbage, and zucchini.

The fresh vegetables plus the tomatoes tasted good without any seasoning. Heated for 90 seconds in the microwave and had with a slice of bread.

I had to find something to do with my new blender.

I had to be out of the house after shampooing my carpets -- perfect excuse to drive to the nearest Waffle House (45 min. away) and have the house coffee with a pecan waffle. Okay, full confession, I had the shredded taters too. Why isn't there a Waffle House in every town?

I had to be out of the house after shampooing my carpets -- perfect excuse to drive to the nearest Waffle House (45 min. away) and have the house coffee with a pecan waffle. Okay, full confession, I had the shredded taters too. Why isn't there a Waffle House in every town?

I've never even seen a waffle house. We do have an IHOP but it sucks.

Back
Top Bottom