• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What Happened?

Is this real? I can't believe armed people would be allowed into public areas like this? I said in another thread I am worried about america. I still am.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/30/michigan-protests-coronavirus-lockdown-armed-capitol

Does that really worry you? I think that it's a great show of strength when a bunch of crazies are allowed to protest without worry of going to a gulag. I worry far far more about countries where everyone appears to be in lock step with everyone else.

Is this real? I can't believe armed people would be allowed into public areas like this? I said in another thread I am worried about america. I still am.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/30/michigan-protests-coronavirus-lockdown-armed-capitol

Does that really worry you?
article said:
A tightly packed crowd of protesters, some carrying rifles, attempted to enter the floor of the legislative chamber, and were held back by a line of state police and capitol staff, according to video footage posted by local journalists.
article said:
5568.jpg

“Let us in! Let us in!” the protesters chanted, as they stood shoulder-to-shoulder inside the statehouse. Few of them were wearing face masks.
I'd say that bothers me. Bad enough these idiots are protesting what is saving lives. Free speech, whatever.

But trying to enter a legislature while armed with guns? Are these people out of their minds.... alright asked and answered, but certainly, a bunch of people protesting with rifles does bother me. This is an attempt of tyranny of the minority.

Is there some kind of fine for people gathering in groups? We have that in Canada. Did these people get ticketed or is that only for those who sit on benches in parks?

I wonder how these people feel about Colin Kaepernick's protest against government actions?
They were protesting, shouting at the door, armed with guns... that is no where near as bad as quietly kneeling to the side during the national anthem.

I wonder how these people feel about Colin Kaepernick's protest against government actions?

Oh, we know how those people still feel about Kaepernick.

We know how they felt about the death of Tamir Rice, the death of John Crawford, Travon Martin and far, far, far too many others.

We know how they felt about the death of Tamir Rice, the death of John Crawford, Travon Martin and far, far, far too many others.
In their defense, I doubt they know who Tamir Rice or John Crawford were.

But if they did, they'd feel the same was as they do Colin Kaepernick.

Well you cannot even be bothered to spell Trayvon's name correctly. :tonguea:

In any case, Kaep's anti-police protest had more to do with San Francisco's own dindu and armed thug Mario Woods (who stabbed a man and refused to drop knife before getting shot) than with any of those you mentioned (Trayvon Martin wasn't even shot by a cop).
Colin Kaepernick talks about the police shooting that led him to protest during national anthem

Heavily armed extremists have been "protesting" at state capitols since the 60s. But I guess it's not a big deal when it's black communists doing it. :rolleyes:
View attachment 27451

Pretty certain it was a big deal and something was done about it.

I didn't say that nothing was done about it. My post was about people on this forum. General opinion here is that Panthers occupying state capitol with armed force was a-ok. So it's a double standard.

Really? Who said that because when I hear the sentence "armed protesters enter a government building", my mind first either goes to coup or terrorism. Not, "Are they black. Dear god I hope they are black. Please Brown Jesus just don't let them be white."

In any case, Kaep's anti-police protest had more to do with San Francisco's own dindu and armed thug Mario Woods (who stabbed a man and refused to drop knife before getting shot) than with any of those you mentioned (Trayvon Martin wasn't even shot by a cop).
Colin Kaepernick talks about the police shooting that led him to protest during national anthem

Yeah, my internet connection kept crapping out on me, so sue me over a typo while losing posts while you go right ahead using racist terminology..

Yeah, my internet connection kept crapping out on me, so sue me over a typo while losing posts while you go right ahead using racist terminology..

But Derec is doing it with proper spelling and correct grammar, so it's okay, apparently. Having said that, I'm used to vile hate speech on the internet, but we live in the age of spell check so....

Heavil armed extremists have been "protesting" at state capitols since the 60s. But I guess it's not a big deal when it's black communists doing it. :rolleyes:
View attachment 27451

They don't have that darkie problem in MI, so no need to do anything about it there...

Really? Who said that because when I hear the sentence "armed protesters enter a government building", my mind first either goes to coup or terrorism. Not, "Are they black. Dear god I hope they are black. Please Brown Jesus just don't let them be white."

You must obviously be unaware that Black Panthers are viewed positively by the left-wing posters on here and also by the wider US Left. PBS even made a documentary hagiography about them a few years ago.

Once again Derec points out the hypocrisy:

Black Panthers march up to the Capitol building armed: "Oh that's fine! They have a constitutional right to do that!"

White people march up to the Capitol building armed: "THIS IS A NIGHTMARE!!! THEY SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO DO THIS!!!! ARREST THEM!!!!!"

:rotfl:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Hutton

On the night of April 6, 1968, Hutton was killed by Oakland Police officers after Eldridge Cleaver led him and twelve other Panthers in an ambush of the Oakland Police, during which two officers were seriously wounded by multiple gunshot wounds. The ambush, which Cleaver admitted he led,[4] turned into a shoot-out between the Panthers and the Oakland police at a house in West Oakland. About 90 minutes later Hutton and Cleaver surrendered after the police tear-gassed the building.

So we have 1 black person who surrendered WITHOUT BEING KILLED BY COPS, and 17 year old Hutton was killed.

DeFremery Park in West Oakland, California, was unofficially named after Bobby Hutton not long after his death. "Lil' Bobby Hutton Day" has been held annually at the park since April 1998.

So they honor a cop killer yearly now??? WHAT THE HECK?!?!?!

Back
Top Bottom