• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What Happened?

Pretty certain it was a big deal and something was done about it.
I didn't say that nothing was done about it. My post was about people on this forum. General opinion here is that Panthers occupying state capitol with armed force was a-ok. So it's a double standard.

I doubt you were alive when that happened. I was, and I lived in San Francisco at the time.
I didn't like that shit then and I don't like it even more now.
Plus, and completely independent of my dislike, those goons in MI are just plain stupid. They're responding emotionally to agitation from the trumputin machine, acting against their own interest as useful fools. I believe the Panthers had a much better idea of why they were doing what they were doing.

I didn't say that nothing was done about it. My post was about people on this forum. General opinion here is that Panthers occupying state capitol with armed force was a-ok. So it's a double standard.

I doubt you were alive when that happened. I was, and I lived in San Francisco at the time.
I didn't like that shit then and I don't like it even more now.
Plus, and completely independent of my dislike, those goons in MI are just plain stupid. They're responding emotionally to agitation from the trumputin machine, acting against their own interest as useful fools. I believe the Panthers had a much better idea of why they were doing what they were doing.

erik-lehnsherr-x-men-the-last-stand-2006-1671.jpg

so sue me over a typo while losing posts
I would not have mentioned it if it wasn't for you always giving me a hard time for calling him "Trayvon" and not "Mr. Martin".

Sure. A typo is exactly the same thing as using an overly familiar or derogatory term to refer to someone you don't know as you so often do.

racist terminology..
What "racist" terminology?

It's been discussed, Derec. You know perfectly well.

Please point to posts in this forum that substantiate you claim that it is ok for Black Panthers to occupy a state capital with armed force. If you cannot, then your claim, like your reasoning, is horseshit.

Two rational people can discuss the motivation for a government protest. Perhaps CK's reason for protesting is entirely illegitimate. Or perhaps that should be said of the Michigan protesters. Maybe both?

I'm more interested in the method of the government protest. One protester decides to voice his complaint by arming himself with weaponry that can kill a large number of people with minimal effort, and then strolling out into public. Another protester voices his complaint by kneeling for sixty seconds, perhaps the least dangerous, most benign form of protest one could possibly imagine.

I'm just wondering what the Michigan protesters thought would happen? Why bring guns to a constitutionally-protected act of free speech? Was it to perhaps intimidate someone into making a decision he or she might not otherwise have? (What's the legal term for that?) Would it have been reasonable for counter-protesters to also bring weaponry? Would that have helped matters?

I'll wager that when the Michigan protesters were organizing their efforts, the words "Black Panthers" was not mentioned once.

But I'll have to confess that when the Black Panthers brought their guns to state capitols, I didn't say a word about it.

Two rational people can discuss the motivation for a government protest. Perhaps CK's reason for protesting is entirely illegitimate. Or perhaps that should be said of the Michigan protesters. Maybe both?

I'm more interested in the method of the government protest. One protester decides to voice his complaint by arming himself with weaponry that can kill a large number of people with minimal effort, and then strolling out into public. Another protester voices his complaint by kneeling for sixty seconds, perhaps the least dangerous, most benign form of protest one could possibly imagine.
Do you recall the reaction to the Tommy Smith and John Carlos protest during the playing the national anthem at the Olympics?

Yeah, black folk protesting by showing "disrespect" for the US flag is worse or equivalent than white folk protesting by invading a state legislature with firearms.

The Black Panthers not only had their weapons confiscated, later returned, and then confiscated once again after being taken to jail later on, the whole reason they were carrying them in the first place was because they were specifically protesting the fact that California was attempting to take away their rights to own them:

Four or five carloads of the Black Panther group later drove into a service station at 15th and L Streets. Several police officers took the demonstrators to the city jail.

An officer said they had not been charged with any offense, but added: “We’re going to take them all down and check them all out and we’re going to check out all these weapons.”

Outside of the police office ... one man who identified himself as Bobby Seale of Oakland read a page-long statement of the Black Panther Party. It declared: “The Black Panther party for self-defense calls upon the American people in general and the black people in particular to take careful note of the racist California Legislature which is considering legislation aimed at keeping the black people disarmed and powerless at the very same time that racist police agencies throughout the country are intensifying the terror, brutality, murder and repression of black people.”

He apparently was referring to a bill by Assemblyman Don Mulford, R-Piedmont, which forbids carrying a loaded weapon within an incorporated area.

Iow, the whole purpose of the protest was about their guns.

The paid Michigan terrorists, otoh, were not protesting anything at all and had zero reasons--other than terror--to have their guns with them. When you're paid to show up somewhere with your gun on you, you are a stooge, not a protestor.

But even if some among them had been recruited by the paid stooges and were too fucking stupid to understand how they were being used by powerful rich elites, they STILL would have zero reasons to bring their guns as the alleged protest had nothing to do with gun rights.

The Black Panthers not only had their weapons confiscated, later returned, and then confiscated once again after being taken to jail later on, the whole reason they were carrying them in the first place was because they were specifically protesting the fact that California was attempting to take away their rights to own them:

Four or five carloads of the Black Panther group later drove into a service station at 15th and L Streets. Several police officers took the demonstrators to the city jail.

An officer said they had not been charged with any offense, but added: “We’re going to take them all down and check them all out and we’re going to check out all these weapons.”

Outside of the police office ... one man who identified himself as Bobby Seale of Oakland read a page-long statement of the Black Panther Party. It declared: “The Black Panther party for self-defense calls upon the American people in general and the black people in particular to take careful note of the racist California Legislature which is considering legislation aimed at keeping the black people disarmed and powerless at the very same time that racist police agencies throughout the country are intensifying the terror, brutality, murder and repression of black people.”

He apparently was referring to a bill by Assemblyman Don Mulford, R-Piedmont, which forbids carrying a loaded weapon within an incorporated area.

Iow, the whole purpose of the protest was about their guns.

The paid Michigan terrorists, otoh, were not protesting anything at all and had zero reasons--other than terror--to have their guns with them. When you're paid to show up somewhere with your gun on you, you are a stooge, not a protestor.

But even if some among them had been recruited by the paid stooges and were too fucking stupid to understand how they were being used by powerful rich elites, they STILL would have zero reasons to bring their guns as the alleged protest had nothing to do with gun rights.

You must've missed my posts #19 and #20. I can see why. It's hard to refute the truth.

Anyway, the Black Panthers wanted segregation and the freedom of blacks to go their own way, which is no different from the white nationalists that you guys tear to shreds and seethe with hatred about.

Pretty funny you defend racism when it's done by blacks, though. Just shows your hypocrisy.

...no different from the white nationalists that you guys tear to shreds and seethe with hatred about

And no doubt you love both groups equally.
:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

And there is a BIG difference. The Panthers were acting in their own interest while the MI patridiots were performing as useful fools for the Trumputin machine that is robbing them blind.

Is this real? I can't believe armed people would be allowed into public areas like this? I said in another thread I am worried about america. I still am.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/30/michigan-protests-coronavirus-lockdown-armed-capitol

Heavily armed extremists have been "protesting" at state capitols since the 60s. But I guess it's not a big deal when it's black communists doing it. :rolleyes:
View attachment 27451

The better question is why do you post negatively about the black communists doing it, as if black communists are any worse than white Nazis.

And last I knew, following the open carry of black communists, fragile white folks actually banned open carry to prevent it, violating that same precious second amendment they hold so dear. Personally, I don't think anyone should be allowed to carry weapons inside a government building except the door guards. Black or white, it makes no difference.

The real question is why do YOU suddenly care about them when the ammosexuals are black?

(It's not really a question BTW, we already know: your post drips of racism and hypocrisy).

Back on topic - If this was equivalent to the Black Panther incident during the sixties, would it be safe to assume that legislators would be just as enthusiastic and motivated to sign in legislation to make sure nothing like this could happen again? I mean if they are the same, what's stopping them? What's the difference between the two? Why would people be terrified when these people turn up, but these people are "very fine people"?

Back
Top Bottom