• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What Trump Gets Wrong About Antifa

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated

Antifa aren't the best and the brightest and their actions are often detrimental to their purpose, but they're a far cry from the white supremacists they nominally oppose.
Get rid of antifa and white supremacists will still be there. Get rid of white supremacists and antifa disappears.

Antifa aren't the best and the brightest and their actions are often detrimental to their purpose, but they're a far cry from the white supremacists they nominally oppose.
Get rid of antifa and white supremacists will still be there. Get rid of white supremacists and antifa disappears.

Concur.

But if there good people on both sides, why only get rid one of side?

Get rid of white supremacists and antifa disappears.
Given how Antifa got their start in the 30s as an organ of the German Communist Party, I very much doubt that.

Antifa-Conference-1932.png

Given how Antifa got their start in the 30s as an organ of the German Communist Party, I very much doubt that.

The anti fascists you are hearing about now are not members of the German Communist party, or are they affiliated with them. They are people of whatever community the Proud Boys, or members of other white supremest groups are organizing in. In the recent wake of far right violence (Charlottesville for example), mass shootings, bombings, they are showing up to protect their communities.

Hmmm, I wonder what was going on in Germany in the 1930s that might have gotten them started?

I mean, it can't have anything to do with a rising fascist ideology at the time, because Derec very much doubts that they would disappear without fascists to counter.

Concur.

On the surface, this sounds reasonable... but my observations of far-left-leaning activism tells me that they will simply move onto the next not-woke-enough group... once they finish with everything that needs to be addressed, they will continue to move onto the next-not-woke-enough group... like non-vegans... and all hetrosexual activity.

Concur.

On the surface, this sounds reasonable... but my observations of far-left-leaning activism tells me that they will simply move onto the next not-woke-enough group... once they finish with everything that needs to be addressed, they will continue to move onto the next-not-woke-enough group... like non-vegans... and all hetrosexual activity.

Well, let's get rid of fascists & white supremacists, and then we'll see.

The anti fascists you are hearing about now are not members of the German Communist party, or are they affiliated with them.
There is a direct line of succession between the original Antifa and the present day one. They are still far leftists who see everybody who disagrees with them as "fascists". There is no reason to assume they will go away anytime soon.

In the recent wake of far right violence (Charlottesville for example), mass shootings, bombings, they are showing up to protect their communities.
Bullshit! They are the far left version of Proud Boys and similar groups.

Hmmm, I wonder what was going on in Germany in the 1930s that might have gotten them started?

In the Weimar Republic there were fascist groups like NSDAP but there were also communist groups. Both of them are extremists and Germany would still have been fucked had communists taken power. As they have in East Germany later.
Original Antifas fought against fascism because they are a rival extremist group, not because they oppose political extremism.
Modern day Antifas see everything to the right of Trotsky as "fascist".

Well, let's get rid of fascists & white supremacists, and then we'll see.

What about left wing extremists and racial supremacists other than white? Why are they acceptable?

They're not. They're also nowhere near as widespread and profligate as far right white supremacist groups. It's depressing this still has to be pointed out.

They're not.
Except whenever we talk about racism and extremism only the white variety is ever condemned. The Left even claims that only white people can be racist.

They're also nowhere near as widespread and profligate as far right white supremacist groups. It's depressing this still has to be pointed out.
Bullshit! Black supremacists are very "widespread and profligate". They just don't get call out on their shit nearly enough.

They're not.
Except whenever we talk about racism and extremism only the white variety is ever condemned. The Left even claims that only white people can be racist.

They're also nowhere near as widespread and profligate as far right white supremacist groups. It's depressing this still has to be pointed out.
Bullshit! Black supremacists are very "widespread and profligate". They just don't get call out on their shit nearly enough.

How many white people have been publicly lynched by angry black mobs, Derec? For offenses such as looking at a woman not of their "kind"?*

* Seriously, many of these troglodytes are young earth creationists who have God's blessing for whatever they might do

How many white people have been publicly lynched by angry black mobs, Derec?

We are not speaking of 100 years ago, we are speaking of now. We do not see black people being lynched now either.
But twice as many white people get murdered than blacks than vice versa, according to FBI.

They're not.

It's already been established that I, and I alone speak for the left, and I have never said anything of the sort.

Derec said:

So you believe black supremacists are as widespread and profligate as white supremacists? I disagree, and I believe reality is on my side on this issue.

The anti fascists you are hearing about now are not members of the German Communist party, or are they affiliated with them. They are people of whatever community the Proud Boys, or members of other white supremest groups are organizing in. In the recent wake of far right violence (Charlottesville for example), mass shootings, bombings, they are showing up to protect their communities.

We don't need them in Portland anymore. We have excellent police force. We've found that if Proud Boys just march and say their BS that they'll leave. No big deal. But when Antifia is here, egging them on, it gets worse. We don't need the fighting in Portland...

We don't need them in Portland anymore. We have excellent police force. We've found that if Proud Boys just march and say their BS that they'll leave. No big deal. But when Antifia is here, egging them on, it gets worse. We don't need the fighting in Portland...

But Antifa live for the political violence. Letting people who they disagree with peacefully protest and then go home will not do. At the very least they want to throw some vegan shakes at people they disagree with.

So you believe black supremacists are as widespread and profligate as white supremacists? I disagree, and I believe reality is on my side on this issue.

I certainly think that they are comparable to white supremacism, normalized for population shares. Nation of Islam alone has 20,000-50,000 "core" members according to Wikipedia.

Back
Top Bottom