• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What will be Trump's conditions of probation?

This guy says Trump should have a psych eval before sentencing:

This guy says Trump should have a psych eval before sentencing:
If the eval is legit the Orange Ass will be diagnosed sociopathic narcissist.

I am not saying that Judge Merchan should lock Trump away in some KGB mental hospital

I'm saying Merchan should lock Trump way in an AMERICAN mental hospital.
Are there any reasonable arguments against doing that?

If the eval is legit the Orange Ass will be diagnosed sociopathic narcissist.

As a danger to himself and others he must be locked up!
As a side benefit it will probably give Slimeball Alito a heart attack.

I expect Trump will have a particular pre-sentencing probation officer, I’m anxious to know her race, gender, and physical attributes.
Someone has to interview him and make sentencing recommendation to the court. I hope they pick a good one.

Hillary is probably checking for job openings now.
According to Randi Rhodes, the probation office building is old, dirty and it smells horribly. I hope he spends a lot of time there.
. Whaddya mean alot of time there? That is Trump - old. dirty and smells horribly.

I expect Trump will have a particular pre-sentencing probation officer, I’m anxious to know her race, gender, and physical attributes.
Someone has to interview him and make sentencing recommendation to the court. I hope they pick a good one.

According to Randi Rhodes, the probation office building is old, dirty and it smells horribly. I hope he spends a lot of time there.
. Whaddya mean alot of time there? That is Trump - old. dirty and smells horribly.
This is true.

Also … done by Zoom.

Also … done by Zoom.
crap...

Also … done by Zoom.
And lasted less than half an hour. They ran through the standard questions and that's it. The Probation Office commissioner was present to make sure it was a quick, simple process that would bring no attention to her office or threaten her job. Nothing to see here. Move along.
Fuck you Juanita N. Holmes.

Remind me again how no one is above the law when there are no conditions on Trump for him to keep away from other convicted felons.

I heard he has not turned in one of his guns.
Yeah. Two were turned in when he faced charges, one went to Florida.

Felon in possession, straight to jail. There should be no probation. Sentence seems to be up to 15 years with a three year minimum if it's actual possession. (Yes, the law makes sense. There is "constructive possession" which simply requires the gun to be at his place or otherwise obtainable by the felon and there is "actual possession" which refers to it being on his person or where he could pick it up. The latter has the minimum, the former does not.)

And even if he beats the New York conviction that doesn't change the fact that he had constructive possession of a firearm as a felon. Florida will probably have to replace DeathSantis with someone more sane to get that prosecuted, though.

Felon in possession, straight to jail. There should be no probation. Sentence seems to be up to 15 years with a three year minimum if it's actual possession. (Yes, the law makes sense. There is "constructive possession" which simply requires the gun to be at his place or otherwise obtainable by the felon and there is "actual possession" which refers to it being on his person or where he could pick it up. The latter has the minimum, the former does not.)

And even if he beats the New York conviction that doesn't change the fact that he had constructive possession of a firearm as a felon. Florida will probably have to replace DeathSantis with someone more sane to get that prosecuted, though.
Isn't that the same thing the real President's son was just convicted of?
Is it ok to end a question with a preposition?
Could he keep it if it was rendered inoperable?

Could he keep it if it was rendered inoperable?
Very, very different crime.

Hunter Biden was convicted of not admitting to drug use on the background check. It's a moronic law, you can't have a gun if you use drugs. Strangely, though, it only applies to the illegal stuff. You can be loopy on morphine and not be prohibited but a joint once in a while and you are. Totally moronic law, the jury should have nullified.

I had another thought after making my previous post:

Where exactly is felon in possession committed?

When I wrote post #32 I was thinking the offense was committed where the gun is: Florida. Or is it committed where he is? New York? Or perhaps both? Or is it not a crime until he enters Florida?

As for "rendered inoperative"--I don't think so. At a minimum it would require demilling to normal standards (which AFIAK requires the receiver to be chopped into three parts--the stunt some protestors have done of taking a torch and whacking off the barrel of a rifle does not count as destroying it and in fact is very illegal as the result is a NFA-regulated weapon), but I think the law also applies to firearm parts.

No "Isn't that the same thing which the President's son was just being convicted" is better.
Doesn't that depend upon who you are conversing with?
No. See me after class.
This may be a favorite peeve of school marms, but in this day and age it is far from the most objectionable grammar/usage issues I see.
Oh for fuck's sake. Favourite! Fucking favourite! Now write it out a hundred times! f this happens again I might need to organise a meeting with your parents. Also;

No "Isn't that the same thing which the President's son was just being convicted" is better.
Shouldn’t that be “Isn't that the same thing for which the President's son was just being convicted”?

Back
Top Bottom