• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What's your favorite burger?

Underseer

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheism, resistentialism
  • Blue cheese
  • Fresh avocado
  • Jalape[ent]ntilde[/ent]o
  • Tomato
  • Lettuce
  • Sweet pickle
  • Burger
  • Bun
  • No ketchup, mustard, nor mayo, nor sauce of any kind

I'm not too picky about what kind of burger (I'm not going to debate beef-fat ratios with anyone) or bun, but mainly I need that combination of beef, blue cheese, avocado, and jalape[ent]ntilde[/ent]o. Ideally, burgers should be grilled over charcoal outdoors at an informal gathering with family and/or friends.

What's your favorite way to eat a hamburger?

• Blue cheese
  • Fresh avocado
  • Tomato
  • Lettuce
  • Sweet pickle
  • Burger
  • Bun

I'm not too picky about what kind of burger (I'm not going to debate beef-fat ratios with anyone) or bun, but mainly I need that combination of beef, blue cheese, avocado, and jalape[ent]ntilde[/ent]o. Ideally, burgers should be grilled over charcoal outdoors at an informal gathering with family and/or friends.

For the most part, I prefer plain and basic over the masterchefs masterpiece of lavishness and delight. That being said, I get picked on by uttering the words, "no cheese." That's a sin, I'm starting to think, and though it's a treat for an occasional concoction of variety, I really do enjoy a good ole plain Jane.

However, I do like mustard, and some lettuce is nice. Throw on a pickle or two, and no happier I'll be, but a smile to another I'll adorn her with--or a pleasant thank you should it be a him.

Avacodo on a hamburger? I don't think I've heard that ordered before. At least not around these parts. In travel, I recall a hamburger meal on the menu topping $700--it came with sides and a nice bottle of wine. Pampered was the cow--it was said in so many other words.

Yes to the charcoal grill.

ETA: a good heaping helping dash or three of some salt and pepper would be appreciated.

• Blue cheese
  • Fresh avocado
  • Tomato
  • Lettuce
  • Sweet pickle
  • Burger
  • Bun

For the most part, I prefer plain and basic over the masterchefs masterpiece of lavishness and delight. That being said, I get picked on by uttering the words, "no cheese." That's a sin, I'm starting to think, and though it's a treat for an occasional concoction of variety, I really do enjoy a good ole plain Jane.

However, I do like mustard, and some lettuce is nice. Throw on a pickle or two, and no happier I'll be, but a smile to another I'll adorn her with--or a pleasant thank you should it be a him.

Avacodo on a hamburger? I don't think I've heard that ordered before. At least not around these parts. In travel, I recall a hamburger meal on the menu topping $700--it came with sides and a nice bottle of wine. Pampered was the cow--it was said in so many other words.

Yes to the charcoal grill.

ETA: a good heaping helping dash or three of some salt and pepper would be appreciated.

Nothing wrong with basic.

I became obsessed with the combination of beef and blue cheese because I didn't start liking blue cheese until adulthood (decades later and I'm still shocked that I don't hate it anymore). Avocado is not expensive and it adds a fatty-sumptuous quality to the burger (lots of fat in avocados). The chile pepper is just for the flavor punch, the tomato for sourness and the sweet pickles for, well, sweet.

I learned to enjoy burgers without ketchup, mustard, nor any other sauce because I got put on a low salt diet after my heart attack. Having no sauce helps to reduce the total salt, and the sweet-sour-spicy combo from jalape[ent]ntilde[/ent]o, tomato, sweet pickle thing more than makes up for the lack of sauces (although the pickle & blue cheese admittedly adds a lot of salt).

Lettuce on the bottom to maintain the integrity of the bottom half of the bun. Sweet creamy coleslaw on top. Ketchup on the side as a dipping sauce. And if they slipped a couple dill slices in there, I wouldn't complain. Cut in half for dipping efficiency.

No bacon, no cheese, but got to have mustard and jalapeno!

At home:
- (good) bacon
- (good) old cheddar
- some kind of relish, either pickle, corn, or a chutney
- some kind of spiciness

When I'm at the specialty burger place in town, though, my go to is something like this:
- cream cheese
- gouda
- peanut butter

Had an outstanding olive burger from Halo Burger last time I was in Michigan. Nothing in recent memory comes close.

Ground sirloin with tomato, lettuce, onion and a little bit of ketchup and pickle relish. No cheese or mayo. I also like veggie burgers, especially the black bean variety.

Meat done medium rare over mesquite, bun, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, mustard, ketchup, and if in the mood, cheddar or Swiss cheese. I'm pretty much a traditionalist with burgers.

Lettuce, blue cheese, pickle and slather on the mayo. The burger should have a decent char and a pink middle.

At home:
- (good) bacon
- (good) old cheddar
- some kind of relish, either pickle, corn, or a chutney
- some kind of spiciness

When I'm at the specialty burger place in town, though, my go to is something like this:
- cream cheese
- gouda
- peanut butter

If I were to add garlic to my burgers, I would essentially have deconstructed guacamole with blue cheese on my cheeseburger, so I'm in no position to criticize your use of peanut butter. :D

Had an outstanding olive burger from Halo Burger last time I was in Michigan. Nothing in recent memory comes close.

It's been many a year since I've put olives on a burger. I bet a nice tapenade or New Orleans-style muffaletta would be nice on a burger. One would need to find other ways to reduce the salt of the other ingredients. Perhaps eliminate the ketchup, mustard, and/or even the cheese. Perhaps add some fresh veggies to counteract the saltiness (more tomato?).

It's been many a year since I've put olives on a burger. I bet a nice tapenade or New Orleans-style muffaletta would be nice on a burger. One would need to find other ways to reduce the salt of the other ingredients. Perhaps eliminate the ketchup, mustard, and/or even the cheese. Perhaps add some fresh veggies to counteract the saltiness (more tomato?).

Mayo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mayo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Mayo is not a vegetable.
  • Mayo has salt and would not counteract the inherent saltiness of tapenade or muffaletta.

Back
Top Bottom