• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What's your favorite burger?

I don't know any better in restaurants than the ones we eat at home.

• We use buffalo rather than beef.
  • We chop onion find, and mix it into the buffalo, along with garlic powder, salt and pepper, and maybe other stuff.
  • If I'm cooking, I add mustard powder to the mix.

• We chop onion find, and mix it into the buffalo, along with garlic powder, salt and pepper, and maybe other stuff.

What ratio of meat to fat? Most chefs talk about 80-20 or 70-30, but buffalo is notoriously lean.

What ratio of meat to fat? Most chefs talk about 80-20 or 70-30, but buffalo is notoriously lean.

I've never read the label. It is leaner than beef. When we grill, we cook in a basket

grillingbasket.jpg
so the burgers can't fall apart when we turn them. But when we fry, we just do it the normal way.

The low fat has never been a problem, and the taste is better than that of beef.

What's your favorite burger?

One that has a spicy meat patty with salad on a plate without starchy carb bread buns.....

Paint me as a mindless consumer with no palate, but Jack in the Box puts out a great burger.

Paint me as a mindless consumer with no palate, but Jack in the Box puts out a great burger.

For burgers, the nearby McDonald's The double bacon burger. Before we set out for McD's I slice up thin onion slices, tomato and lettuce. I tell them, hold the catsup. When I get home,I add my prepared stuff and mustard.

Everybody knows, for Jack in the Box you get the tacos.

There's not a thing wrong with having preferences. I'm sure lots of people would find my "deconstructed guacamole burger with blue cheese" as demented as all get-out.

There's not a thing wrong with having preferences. I'm sure lots of people would find my "deconstructed guacamole burger with blue cheese" as demented as all get-out.

Actually, that sounds delicious. I love guacomole and blue cheese. Invite me over. I'll bring some good beer.
:)

• Blue cheese
  • Fresh avocado
  • Jalape[ent]ntilde[/ent]o
  • Tomato
  • Lettuce
  • Sweet pickle
  • Burger
  • Bun
  • No ketchup, mustard, nor mayo, nor sauce of any kind

I'm not too picky about what kind of burger (I'm not going to debate beef-fat ratios with anyone) or bun, but mainly I need that combination of beef, blue cheese, avocado, and jalape[ent]ntilde[/ent]o. Ideally, burgers should be grilled over charcoal outdoors at an informal gathering with family and/or friends.

What's your favorite way to eat a hamburger?

Looks awesome, although I'd add onion.

I consulted my wife about how she does it. The recipe seems flexible, but often involves

- chopped onion
- basil
- oregano
- garlic powder

And sometimes a bit of ketchup.
I

• Blue cheese
  • Fresh avocado
  • Jalape[ent]ntilde[/ent]o
  • Tomato
  • Lettuce
  • Sweet pickle
  • Burger
  • Bun
  • No ketchup, mustard, nor mayo, nor sauce of any kind

I'm not too picky about what kind of burger (I'm not going to debate beef-fat ratios with anyone) or bun, but mainly I need that combination of beef, blue cheese, avocado, and jalape[ent]ntilde[/ent]o. Ideally, burgers should be grilled over charcoal outdoors at an informal gathering with family and/or friends.

What's your favorite way to eat a hamburger?

Looks awesome, although I'd add onion.

Sometimes I do.

- - - Updated - - -

Just on principle, I don't like any sandwich that I have to moosh in order to get it into my mouth. Those burgers are clearly too tall to fit in a normal human mouth without mooshing.

- - - Updated - - -

I consulted my wife about how she does it. The recipe seems flexible, but often involves

- chopped onion
- basil
- oregano
- garlic powder

And sometimes a bit of ketchup.
I

Wait, mixed into the burger patty itself?

If so, I'm a purist. The patty should just be ground meat and salt. That's just me and my preferences.

Had an outstanding olive burger from Halo Burger last time I was in Michigan. Nothing in recent memory comes close.

I've heard Halo Burger makes great burgers. Kind of a lower Michigan staple but I've never had one. Closest HB to me is in Flint.

Back
Top Bottom