• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Which movie did you watch today and how would you rate it?

Finally got to see Wakanda Forever. I've never cried so much at a movie.

Arguably Marvel's best to date.

I think Julie would have really liked this one. Which is part of why I cried so much. 😢

I have not been to movoes in a long time and I don't have any streming. Saw this on local digital broadcast.

A good story, good acting. Jumping the broom. about two families and a coming marriage.

No car chases, gunfights, and garutitous sex but still entertaining.

Holy crap! There's talk of Brendan Fraser winning the Oscar for Best Actor this year.

I had never even heard of this movie.

Last edited:
The Survivalist, 1/10; Stars John Malkovich and Jonathan Rhys Meyers. I had to bail after 20 minutes it was so bad. John Malkovich will do any old crap it seems. The plot revolves around a girl that Malkovich's gang wants who is hiding out in Meyer's homestead. Unbelievably bad acting, dialogue and effects.

The Luckiest Girl in the World with Mina Kulas. Good flick with a something important to say. Kulas was spectacular in it. Difficult subject. None of the men on this forum will see it. All of them should.

The Luckiest Girl in the World with Mina Kulas. Good flick with a something important to say. Kulas was spectacular in it. Difficult subject. None of the men on this forum will see it. All of them should.

Yup, I would avoid this.

Yup, I would avoid this.
And really, you should not. Yes, it will be terribly uncomfortable. The film is centered on how one victim survived despite the fact that everyone around her failed to protect her, blamed her, lied about her not only to avoid responsibility for their actions ( including rape) but to self promote surviving a related tragedy.

Yup, I would avoid this.
And really, you should not. Yes, it will be terribly uncomfortable. The film is centered on how one victim survived despite the fact that everyone around her failed to protect her, blamed her, lied about her not only to avoid responsibility for their actions ( including rape) but to self promote surviving a related tragedy.
Is it a comedy?

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

Conservatively, my tenth viewing.

Yup, I would avoid this.
Is it a comedy?
Always klassy, Swizzle.

Yup, I would avoid this.
Is it a comedy?
Well shame on me for thinking that this was a forum populated by adults.

It's so hard to understand why so few women post on this forum. Almost as hard as it is to understand why so few rapes (male and female victims) are reported, much less result in an arrest, a trial or a conviction.

The joke here is a culture of hatred and a farcical justice system.

Yup, I would avoid this.
Is it a comedy?

It's so hard to understand why so few women post on this forum. Almost as hard as it is to understand why so few rapes (male and female victims) are reported, much less result in an arrest, a trial or a conviction.

Your original post didn't say anything about the movie, you didn't even get the name of the leading actress right and then you go right on to scolding men for probably not watching it. Your second post then agrees with me, I shouldn't watch it. Then lectures me about how uncomfortable I will be if I did watch it (how you know that I really can't guess) and finally you disclose what the movie is maybe about. I call you out on your BS "Is it a comedy?" and you get all prissy. Sheesh, it must be exhausting hanging out with you.

Yup, I would avoid this.
Is it a comedy?

Your original post didn't say anything about the movie, you didn't even get the name of the leading actress right and then you go right on to scolding men for probably not watching it. Your second post then agrees with me, I shouldn't watch it. Then lectures me about how uncomfortable I will be if I did watch it (how you know that I really can't guess) and finally you disclose what the movie is maybe about. I call you out on your BS "Is it a comedy?" and you get all prissy. Sheesh, it must be exhausting hanging out with you.
Fortunately not an issue.

Stillwater, 7/10; Stars Matt Damon as the father of a girl who has been sentenced to 10 years in a French prison for murdering her female lover. The daughter swears she is innocent. and her father does his best to support her from afar. On one of his visits the daughter presents a possible new lead to the real killer. The movie is overly long but still quite engrossing as the father dutifully tries to prove his daughter's innocence.

Was it a French prison? From the commercials I got the impression it was in a place a little more "exotic", to put it mildly.

Barbarella, 5/10; Stars Jane Fonda in a 1968 Sci-Fi adventure. The movie is based on a French comic. Barbarella is sent on a mission to find a rogue professor called Durand Durand who has possession of a deadly weapon of mass destruction. The journey sees Barbarella come into contact with all kinds of bizarre characters including the dolls with razor sharp teeth which are well creepy. Definitely dated, the plot is simple enough and it can be visually quite interesting to watch. Jane Fonda was incredibly sexy throughout the movie with some great costumes and the opening scene has her writhing around naked which was very well done. 10/10 for that scene.

Back
Top Bottom