• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Who will be next out of Trump's kakistocracy?

Next to go?

• [STRIKE]H. R. McMaster[/STRIKE]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [STRIKE]James Mattis[/STRIKE]

• [STRIKE]Ryan Zinke[/STRIKE]

• Sonny Perdue

• Alex Acosta

• [STRIKE]Tom Price[/STRIKE]

• Ben Carson

• Elaine Chao

• Dan Coats

• [STRIKE]Nikki Haley[/STRIKE]

• Mick Mulvaney

• [STRIKE]Scott Pruitt[/STRIKE]

• [STRIKE]Dina Powell[/STRIKE]

• Chris Liddell

• [STRIKE]George Sifakis[/STRIKE]

• [STRIKE]Ricky Waddell[/STRIKE]

• Ivanka Trump

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nikki Haley

She is supposedly going to be around until the end of the year. There could be a half dozen (or more) others out the door by that time, depending on how the midterms turn out.

Yeah, but just about half tye names inbthe thread had a delayed departure after their announced resignation.

The others were more like they'd stepped on Fester's trap door...

Yeah, but just about half tye names inbthe thread had a delayed departure after their announced resignation.

The others were more like they'd stepped on Fester's trap door...

So... what are we s'posed to be predicting here? The day they announce that they will not be Trump's toady forever, or the day the floor falls out from under them? I think the latter - talk is cheap. Surprises are fun. :D

So Mattis might be out next

US President Donald Trump said he is unsure whether his Defence Secretary James Mattis is planning to step down, but that the retired general might and that he regards him as "sort of a Democrat."
"I think he's sort of a Democrat, if you want to know the truth. But General Mattis is a good guy. We get along very well. He may leave. I mean, at some point, everybody leaves. Everybody. People leave. That's Washington."

So with such nuanced insight from the stable genius with the large a-brain, I think it's a safe bet he's the next one out.

US President Donald Trump said he is unsure whether his Defence Secretary James Mattis is planning to step down, but that the retired general might and that he regards him as "sort of a Democrat."
"I think he's sort of a Democrat, if you want to know the truth. But General Mattis is a good guy. We get along very well. He may leave. I mean, at some point, everybody leaves. Everybody. People leave. That's Washington."

So with such nuanced insight from the stable genius with the large a-brain, I think it's a safe bet he's the next one out.
What is 'sort of a Democrat?'

Some poor slob who thinks maybe they should keep their promises to immigrants that joined the services? Or honoring enlistment contracts of transsexuals? OR maybe we shouldn't invade Iran until we're completely out of Iraq and Afghanistan because it'd be more efficient to shoot our people in the head at their home base and save airfare.

I would probably bet a great deal that the difference of opinion making Trump label a career officer 'democrat' has to do with honor and integrity to the people in uniform...

What is 'sort of a Democrat?'

Some poor slob who thinks maybe they should keep their promises to immigrants that joined the services? Or honoring enlistment contracts of transsexuals? OR maybe we shouldn't invade Iran until we're completely out of Iraq and Afghanistan because it'd be more efficient to shoot our people in the head at their home base and save airfare.

I would probably bet a great deal that the difference of opinion making Trump label a career officer 'democrat' has to do with honor and integrity to the people in uniform...

I think you're wrong; as words like "honour" and "integrity" are as much an anathema to Trump as say Treppenwitz or Backpfeifengesicht so he can't have an opinion on them one way or the other. I suspect the reason is more infantile and insulting; Trump views the US military as his own personal plaything, it's something he has never commanded even remotely similar to in his entire career and he feels he is entitled to do whatever the fuck he wants with it (see Space Force and Military Parades). I suspect Mattis disagrees strongly against such an attitude and friction has been steadily building between the two as a result.
Another way of looking at it is Trump is getting sick and tired of Mattis saying no whenever he says, "I want an Oompa Loompa and I want it now!", and is resorting to the same tactics of a spoiled four year old - passive aggressive name calling.

I think you're wrong; as words like "honour" and "integrity" are as much an anathema to Trump as say Treppenwitz or Backpfeifengesicht so he can't have an opinion on them one way or the other.
No, I was saying that Mattis was motivated by honor, integrity, by at least part of his job being an advocate for his troops. So he says no. Or says maybe not now, maybe after a study, let's look into that, the facts actually show...

Trump can only interpret a 'no' as being motivated by Democrat tendencies.

No, I was saying that Mattis was motivated by honor, integrity, by at least part of his job being an advocate for his troops. So he says no. Or says maybe not now, maybe after a study, let's look into that, the facts actually show...

Trump can only interpret a 'no' as being motivated by Democrat tendencies.

I see what you mean. Apologies, I misinterpreted your first post.

Today's winner is Don McGahn! I'm sure he got some lovely parting gifts...
Well, there's absolutely no overlap with the new contestant.

I'm guessing that McGahn and Trump had vastly different ideas about what the White House Counsel's job actually was. The new guy will have a much clearer idea of what Trump wants, with no contamination from wrong-headed people.

So at least McGahn will have a clear conscience in future screw-ups. "I did NOT tell him he had that authority..."

"...or that THAT was legal..."

Yesterday responding to questions from reporters, Trump denied knowing Matt Whitaker 5 separate times. Sessions replacement may be next out.

Back
Top Bottom