• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Why "Chinese Virus" is racist

The initial reference to it as a "Chinese virus" was not necessarily racist. However, continued deliberate efforts to keep using the term rather the scientific and less misleading names for it have no plausible motive other than racism.

It doesn't matter. It is now and forever the Trump Virus. Not just due to his inactions (and the same kind of things he did that certain Chinese officials allegedly did), but because he is actually promoting the unconscionable idea of sacrificing human lives for the economy; something that could EASILY be fixed by simply sending every American in need a couple thousand bucks to get us all through the quarantine period.

In short, kill your grandparents so that I don't have to open my wallet for chump change that wouldn't sustain me for ten seconds, but would get your entire family through six months of quarantine with no problems.

That's the Trump Virus and it always will be.

It doesn't matter. It is now and forever the Trump Virus. Not just due to his inactions (and the same kind of things he did that certain Chinese officials allegedly did), but because he is actually promoting the unconscionable idea of sacrificing human lives for the economy; something that could EASILY be fixed by simply sending every American in need a couple thousand bucks to get us all through the quarantine period.

In short, kill your grandparents so that I don't have to open my wallet for chump change that wouldn't sustain me for ten seconds, but would get your entire family through six months of quarantine with no problems.

No.
COVFEFE-19 is what it is, and what it should be called. When they roll the credits after each episode of The Trump Eugenics Program, that's what they're going to call it.

How is it the Trump virus?

In Italy is it the "Sergio Mattarella virus" because he's the President?

The TDS has gotten way out of control.

You should learn to read what you quote. As Koyaanisqatsi stated, Trump is solely responsible for making a bad situation exponentially worse.

His funding cuts to the CDC and WHO lead to this being worse.
His initial denial of the seriousness of the outbreak calling it a Democrat hoax lead to this being worse.
His disastrous speech that left everyone confused about his travel ban caused airports to be petri dishes which lead to this being worse.
Contradicting medical expert like Dr Fauci lead to this being worse.
When being given a softball question like how to reassure Americans who are afraid, he replies by losing his shit and arguing back at the reporter lead to this being worse.
Suggesting to recycle face masks lead to this being worse.

Trump has done more to make this pandemic last longer and kill more people than anyone else, including the Chinese fucking government who are far from blameless. Therefore, he deserves the lion's share of the credit. And before you make the bullshit comparison, yes Obamba would have done a much better job. It's not a rousing endorsement of Obama saying this. I'm certain even you would have done a better job than Trump.

Is that too hard to comprehend? Must I write it out in crayon for you?

You should learn to read what you quote. As Koyaanisqatsi stated, Trump is solely responsible for making a bad situation exponentially worse.

His funding cuts to the CDC and WHO lead to this being worse.
His initial denial of the seriousness of the outbreak calling it a Democrat hoax lead to this being worse.
His disastrous speech that left everyone confused about his travel ban caused airports to be petri dishes which lead to this being worse.
Contradicting medical expert like Dr Fauci lead to this being worse.
When being given a softball question like how to reassure Americans who are afraid, he replies by losing his shit and arguing back at the reporter lead to this being worse.
Suggesting to recycle face masks lead to this being worse.

Trump has done more to make this pandemic last longer and kill more people than anyone else, including the Chinese fucking government who are far from blameless. Therefore, he deserves the lion's share of the credit.

Is that too hard to comprehend? Must I write it out in crayon for you?

So why is it so bad in Italy? Because of Trump, too?

Face it, Trump has been trying to calm Americans for months by saying, "We have it under control." You guys screamed at him for doing this. Now you say he doesn't reassure the nation? Trump's speeches have been nothing but calming. He tried to sound confident and reassuring by saying, "Cases soon to be down to zero" and stuff like that and "we are doing a tremondous job."

What do you want him to say? "We don't know what's going on!! We're all gonna die!!! AHHHHHH!!! Be scared and afraid!!!!!!"

Maybe not lie?

If you don't have it under control, don't say "we have it under control". Don't downplay it, don't exaggerate. But what matters most is not what he says, thought that's important, but what he does. He's done close to fuck all.

On available figures the USA has overtaken both Italy and China on the number of confirmed cases and, looking at the graphs, your numbers are skyrocketing.

Maybe not lie?

If you don't have it under control, don't say "we have it under control". Don't downplay it, don't exaggerate. But what matters most is not what he says, thought that's important, but what he does. He's done close to fuck all.

On available figures the USA has overtaken both Italy and China on the number of confirmed cases and, looking at the graphs, your numbers are skyrocketing.

Yes, and they will stable out soon just like it did with China. People were saying, "OH NO CHINA'S SKYROCKETING!!!! IT'S NEVER GONNA STOP!!!" It stopped.

Yes, and they will stable out soon just like it did with China. People were saying, "OH NO CHINA'S SKYROCKETING!!!! IT'S NEVER GONNA STOP!!!" It stopped.

China did things to stop it. Other countries have too, to greater or lesser effect. The USA's response has been weaker than any other advanced industrial economy.

The comparative stabilisation in China, South Korea, Japan, and Singapore didn't just happen. You do realise that? It occurred because of interventions and restrictions imposed by the states concerned.

Because I'm officially on ice at the moment, I'll bite.

So why is it so bad in Italy? Because of Trump, too?
He.
Made.
A.
Bad.
Situation.
Worse.
Not he created. Not he is responsible for it. There is literally no one else on the planet who has made this already bad situation even worse. His actions have made this worse. Everyone on this thread has only criticized his actions because, and I hate to break it to you, that is how accountability works. Nobody is saying anywhere the situation is particularly good. Everybody is saying Trump is making this worse. What the fuck is wrong with your reading skills?

Face it, Trump has been trying to calm Americans for months by saying, "We have it under control." You guys screamed at him for doing this. Now you say he doesn't reassure the nation? Trump's speeches have been nothing but calming. He tried to sound confident and reassuring by saying, "Cases soon to be down to zero" and stuff like that and "we are doing a tremondous job."

Bullshitting has never made a populace calm. What Trump is doing is the equivalent of if George W Bush saying immediately after 9/11 only 20 people are dead and things are already back to normal. Incidently, going off at reporters for doing their fucking job is never a calm move.

What do you want him to say? "We don't know what's going on!! We're all gonna die!!! AHHHHHH!!! Be scared and afraid!!!!!!"

I want him to shut the fuck up and let the grown ups take over, since he has zero credibility. He's had his chance and he fucking blew it. And if it offends Joffrey's ego too fucking bad, I don't trust Trump to sit on the right way on a toilet seat let alone handle a pandemic.

Last edited:
Maybe not lie?

Seeing as per usual you don't cite sources, [removed]

Coronavirus update: US overtakes China's cases

The United States now has 82,404 confirmed cases of coronavirus, overtaking both China (81,782) and Italy (80,589), according to a database run by Johns Hopkins University.
America's Centres for Disease Control said that 38 per cent of US coronavirus patients sick enough to be hospitalised were between the ages of 20 and 54. Earlier this week, US President Donald Trump said he hoped to have the country "opened up and just raring to go" by Easter, which is just two weeks away. "Wouldn't it be great to have all of the churches full? You'll have packed churches all over our country," he said in an interview.
Health experts have made clear that unless Americans continue to dramatically limit social interaction — staying home from work and isolating themselves — the number of infections will overwhelm the health care system, as it has in parts of Italy. Already, there have been over 1,000 deaths in the country, with New York hardest hit.

Did I make the print large enough for you to read?

Last edited by a moderator:
The comparative stabilisation in China, South Korea, Japan, and Singapore didn't just happen. You do realise that? It occurred because of interventions and restrictions imposed by the states concerned.

Plus as of today, confirmed cases in the US have now passed Italy. Oh, wait...update this hour...now it's China.

The US, whose national response to the virus was led by Trump, now has more cases than China. Or any other country.

There's a map keeping track:

https://google.org/crisisresponse/covid19-map

China did not see this virus coming. The US did. Yet now the US has the most cases in the world. This is a failure of leadership. Specifically, Trump's leadership.

Edit: Patooka was a step ahead of me.

Plus as of today, confirmed cases in the US have now passed Italy. Oh, wait...update this hour...now it's China.

The US, whose national response to the virus was led by Trump, now has more cases than China. Or any other country.

China did not see this virus coming. The US did. Yet now the US has the most cases in the world. This is a failure of leadership. Specifically, Trump's leadership.

Then by this logic, the cases in Italy are the fault of their Presidential leadership?

The numbers will stable out. Everyone who has it now will not have it in a few weeks.

Even the baseball commissioner said the season should start by mid May.

How is it the Trump virus

Not just due to his inactions (and the same kind of things he did that certain Chinese officials allegedly did), but because he is actually promoting the unconscionable idea of sacrificing human lives for the economy; something that could EASILY be fixed by simply sending every American in need a couple thousand bucks to get us all through the quarantine period.

How is it the Trump virus

Not just due to his inactions (and the same kind of things he did that certain Chinese officials allegedly did), but because he is actually promoting the unconscionable idea of sacrificing human lives for the economy; something that could EASILY be fixed by simply sending every American in need a couple thousand bucks to get us all through the quarantine period.

The stimulus bill was passed. People who lost their jobs are getting a $1,200 check and $600 more per week in unemployment.

Hannity was just showing on Fox News that back in early February the Washington Post (known Trump haters) ran an article that said, "Flu is more deadly than coronavirus." On February 5, the New York Times (also Trump haters) ran an article called, "Traveling to China is not dangerous. Travel ban is unjust."

So, it appears even the Trump haters were saying it was no big deal in the beginning, just like Trump was.....

Then by this logic, the cases in Italy are the fault of their Presidential leadership?
no. Thst would not be a logical conclusion.
We're saying thst Trump has made a lot of decisions in his handling of America's response to C-19 that show him to be a blithering idiot.
The numbers will stable out. Everyone who has it now will not have it in a few weeks.
Well, depends on your definition. If a million people die of C-19, would you say they don't have it anymore? Or would you say they'll never, ever be cured of it?

Ever.
Even the baseball commissioner said the season should start by mid May.
Frankly, i'd rather the opinion of someone with a medical degree. You can bet your life on the MLB Commissioner's opinion, if you like, but please don't endanger everyone else around you.

Back
Top Bottom