• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Why so many women support Trump

Interesting take, since he said he did not wait for their permission.
So, your accusation of dishonesty.... kinda dishonest.
You're reaching....

That explanation wasn't from me. That was from a WOMAN in a debate video on youtube between conservatives and liberals.

But, I guess we can't trust a woman's opinion on the subject. Misogyny?
So, you plagiarize other people's opinions, in order to troll critics with the reveal?
A stupid position is still a stupid position. I'm not going to pretend it's not disingenuous if it's ultimately 'from a woman.' After all, it's apparently 'from a woman Half-Life agrees with,' so that's two points against her from the start.
Misogyny?
No, Half, it would only be misogyny if someone were to suggest that they were wrong or stupid or lying BECAUSE SHE'S A WOMAN.

Never said they were all lying. But, we have no way of knowing.

There are ways to tell consent. If a woman is smiling at you and you walk over to her and you start talking and you start leaning in for a kiss and she keeps smiling, she will let you kiss her. If she says no or tries to avoid you, that is not giving consent. An attractive man and an ugly man can do the EXACT SAME MOVES on a woman and she will call the ugly guy a creep and the handsome guy will get a smile. It works like that with men too.

So, wait, what are you saying? That they DID give non-verbal consent to Trump to grab their pussies, or that they may have accidentally given it by smiling up until he did it? How is this furthering the question of whether or not they're lying?

We're getting back to the 'See and Say' pattern. Half reads something, a response will be randomly generated in the vicinity of that topic, but not necessarily on-point.

There's a concept I've seen here and there, called "Nutpicking".

It's the act of seeing a random Youtube comment or a Facebook one-liner, disagreeing with it, then ascribing the position to an entire group of people.

"I saw somewhere a person say that America is evil. That's so typical of The Left."

Say what you will, though. Nutpicking has made Sean Hannity rich and famous. (And Ann Coulter, and Bill O'Reilly, and Rush Limbaugh...)

So, I assume that you think that every single one of the more than 20 women who have accused the liar in chief of sexual assault are all lying, but the man who lies almost every time he opens his mouth is telling the truth? Seriously? If you really believe that he has never raped or sexually assaulted a woman, there is nothing anyone can tell you that will help you understand the truth. Still, it is pretty amusing that you are now comparing Trump's behavior to that of the lyrics in some rap songs. Is that the best you can do? Are you for real? One has to wonder.

Never said they were all lying. But, we have no way of knowing.

There are ways to tell consent. If a woman is smiling at you and you walk over to her and you start talking and you start leaning in for a kiss and she keeps smiling, she will let you kiss her. If she says no or tries to avoid you, that is not giving consent. An attractive man and an ugly man can do the EXACT SAME MOVES on a woman and she will call the ugly guy a creep and the handsome guy will get a smile. It works like that with men too.

That's crazy talk. And Trump is an very ugly, unattractive man, so what you said doesn't even make sense. Are you saying that when you're a wealthy man, you can get away with sexually assaulting women? It shouldn't be that way, but apparently a lot of wealthy, powerful men have gotten away with sexual assault. Smiling at a man doesn't equate with giving consent for sex. Very few women make up stories about sexual assault. It's very difficult for them to even discuss it with their friends. It's even harder to report it to the police, as they are often treated very poorly. My own sister was raped twice, once in high school by boys she knew and the other time by a stranger. I don't think she reported those rapes out of fear. The women who have come forward to report being raped by Trump are very courageous. Why believe a man who has a long history of lying and treating women like shit, instead of believing a long line of women? That's the type of thing that we women have to deal with throughout our lives.

I also find your opinion to be very insulting to women. Most of us aren't looking for the prettiest man in the room, or the richest, most powerful man. We are looking for a man who shares our values, and treats us respectfully. I found one of those about forty years ago and we are still extremely happy together. Please stop making assumptions about us.

Qualities I admire in a President:
Half-Life, "I like Presidents who act like gangsta rappers".

Also, "You can do anything. Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything", doesn't exactly sound like waiting for consent.
Hip Hop would suffer a major blow if SNL did a Gansta Rap Pres. Trump sketch.

Please tell me you've submitted this sketch idea to the people at SNL.

Qualities I admire in a President:
Half-Life, "I like Presidents who act like gangsta rappers".

Also, "You can do anything. Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything", doesn't exactly sound like waiting for consent.
Hip Hop would suffer a major blow if SNL did a Gansta Rap Pres. Trump sketch.

Please tell me you've submitted this sketch idea to the people at SNL.

I don't know. Can Alec Baldwin rap?

There was a study done and it found that women who vote Democratic were more likely to block those who disagreed with them on social media, such as Republicans.

The same study also showed that conservative women are less likely to block those on social media who disagree with them.

Open-mindedness is more on the side of conservative women there.
What the hell does who or what one chooses to see on THEIR social media page have ANY bearing on one's open mindedness? Oh yeah, nothing.

What does it mean to have an open mind? I thought it means being capable of tentatively accepting a position for the purpose of exploring ideas that initially seem to conflict with those you currently hold. How can one be open minded about anything if one insulates oneself from any conflicting opinions?

Being open to ideas is certainly, plainly obviously, directly impacted by whether ideas are allowed to come to your awareness. Obviously.

Being "open-minded" does not mean leaving one's mind so "open" one's brain fall out.

If I discover that someone I am "friends" with on Facebook is actually a racist fascist, it is not "close-minded" of me to prefer not to listen to their nonsense. I have already long since examined the ideas they spout, and rejected said ideas.

If I discover that someone I am "friends" with on Facebook is actually a racist fascist, it is not "close-minded" of me to prefer not to listen to their nonsense.
Especially if they are the sort who took 2016 as a validation of their previously discreet opinions, and are pointedly outspoken now. Even pedantically.

I'm not on Facebok or the like, so i have no one to block, but if i could put sone coworkers on Ignore, i could be quite content.

Interesting take, since he said he did not wait for their permission.
So, your accusation of dishonesty.... kinda dishonest.
You're reaching....

That explanation wasn't from me.
Bullshit. You said it here. Basically you're admitting you have zero credibility. That's a good first step for you, but you have a long way to go.

Yes, a finding goes against the left, you have to make excuses for it.
If that is true, then we are very lucky you can't seem to support a SINGLE GODDAMNED ONE of your claims.
But it is also very obvious when your post is or has an unsupportable claim, you would much rather blame the person who caught it than admit error.
Every. Fucking. Time.
At least he's consistent. ;)

Also, even is this survey is accurate, there are many explanations for it, most of them not good for him.

1) Right wingers have proven over and over again (with HL here providing many examples) that they are immune to actual facts and reality, so they get blocked because there's no point in arguing with a rock.
2) The right wing wannabes are emboldened by the shitheel in the WH encouraging racists and idiots and get louder and more boisterous to drown out the facts (see 1, above).

There are a number of right wing or right leaning posters on this forum, but I've only blocked a few of the more obvious idiots. HL is on my blocked list. ;)

I know a woman who voted for Trump because she said that Hillary Clinton was the anti-Christ. She doesn't like Trump per se, so call it a perceived "lesser of two evils."

Yes, well, it's the perception--and how it's been manipulated--that's at the root of it.

I know a woman who voted for Trump because she said that Hillary Clinton was the anti-Christ. She doesn't like Trump per se, so call it a perceived "lesser of two evils."

Yes, well, it's the perception--and how it's been manipulated--that's at the root of it.

I'm sure most of them are on the edge of their ultra-wide seats, waiting to be told why Sleepy Joe is the Anti-Christ.
Will they believe it again? Of course they will, except for the very few who might notice that Trump is fucking them in the ass.

I actually think that this is more common than what most people think. There's no doubt in my mind that if HRC were male, with the same level of charisma and policies, that he would have beaten Trump. Powerful women are a turnoff to many. I don't know why...

I actually think that this is more common than what most people think. There's no doubt in my mind that if HRC were male, with the same level of charisma and policies, that he would have beaten Trump. Powerful women are a turnoff to many. I don't know why...

She did beat Trump. And she holds the second place record for largest raw votes for any presidential candidate in US history. And if you were to factor in the preference results from the PEW center's massive study of validated voters who did not vote for various non-partisan reasons, had they voted, she would have won by a landslide on the order of some ten million votes.

Pardon the pun, but that's unprecedented.

Making it even worse, MSNBC quoted some unnamed WH source to the effect that Trump could eke out an electoral college victory next year even while losing the popular vote by FIVE MILLION VOTES. "The will of the voter" can be a meaningless phrase in this great bastion of democracy.

Making it even worse, MSNBC quoted some unnamed WH source to the effect that Trump could eke out an electoral college victory next year even while losing the popular vote by FIVE MILLION VOTES. "The will of the voter" can be a meaningless phrase in this great bastion of democracy.

The worst part, of course, is that, if anyone had said, "Everyone's vote will count just once, except for these five people, whose votes will all count 10,000 times" I'm pretty sure it never would have passed. Well, had most of our founding fathers not been horrifically evil slave-owners.

ETA: Actually, the worst part is that nearly every State recognized the insanity and anachronism of having one vote count for more than one vote when they instituted their own castration of the EC by mandating their electors follow the popular vote.

So the popular vote (a redundancy, since it's the only vote, effectively), is recognized by every state in the union (save two) as being the determinant factor in a national election.

The answer is so blatantly obvious it is iterally staring everyone in the face and yet....doooopity doooo....what? What?

Actually, it's because Republicans know that without it they haven't a chance at winning any more since whitey is finally on his decrepid death bed.

Back
Top Bottom