• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Why so many women support Trump

There was a study done ...
That's as far as i go before calling very probably bullshit.
When YOU say 'a study,' do you mean a formal one with an effort to reduce confirmation bias, or do you mean an authority figure you like posted an opinion?
CAn you cite? Do you remember where you learned this?
Is it college research, Faux News, a conservative think tank, your ass?

And, really, 'a study?'
There was someone here on the forum bitching about single-point conclusions....

Yes, it's important to understand source... and I have the same doubts as you... but the alleged conclusion is parsimonious with my observations. The DNC censors each other into silence and the GOP just sticks together to remain the loudest voice in the room. The Dems have made it statistically impossible to win... like, on purpose.... for the good of the values of the country they would like to impose. .err.. instill.

I'm not going to analyze why so many white women supported Trump. I only know one personally and she's a conservative Christian, and she frequently makes very bad decisions, which is why at age 68, she can barely make it on her SS allotment and her part time job. Imo, her support of Republicans is another bad decision she has made, especially considering that the very social programs that she depends on to survive have never had strong support from Republicans.

That stands to reason. Bad decisions come in lots of forms, and voting Republican if you're a woman is obviously one of those forms. People with proclivities for making bad decisions often do so in multiple arenas of their lives. An actual study could probably be done that would reveal, for instance, that Trump-supporting married women are much more likely to be married to wife-beaters than non_Trump supporting women.

As a former member of an American cult, I know why so many white Christian women fervently support Trump

Trump’s administration and his base, the Christian right, offer a s**t deal for women. So why do so many go for it? Same reason us “cult” kids “went for” being brutalised by each other: fear, lack of information and a steady diet of self-hating, figurehead-worshipping language.

I speak from experience when I say that when you are brainwashed, there’s a wall in your mind. Logic lies on the far side; you can’t touch it. Instead, you see everything through the lens of indoctrination. So those Trump-loving women on Facebook, they really do believe professor Ford is “making this stuff up”, that they’re superior to non-white non-Christians, that Trump is helping them. They’re incapable of thinking anything else. Their answer to that koan, “how can countering one’s own best interests keep one safe?” would be this: “For safety, my own best interest is not having my own interests.”

Why do so many women support Trump? Short answer: All the things that work to control a cult member's mind.

Safety: the group punishes dissent and non-conformity, husbands have great freedom in how they treat their wives, divorce could mean losing everything and being thrown out into a world they believe is evil and will hurt them.

Indoctrination: rally chants, repeated mantras and slogan-like sound bytes, rewarded behaviors, all while self preservatory impulses remain in the back of the mind and independent thoughts are suppressed, a sense of superiority over even "lesser" people (minorities).

Us vs. them world view: Everything and everyone outside the ideological identity group is depraved and satanic, don't believe anything out there, stay ignorant, let the men do the thinking and deciding.

And the usual Christian framework that dictates womanhood from all sides: her role is to please men and praise Jesus, and never serve in leadership except in limited ways such as teaching young girls the rules they must abide by to conform, maintain group approval, and, of course, to please men, first their fathers then their husbands.

Should our current administration revamp the U.S. into their very own Gilead, the "strong" women we see on the right, the mostly blond, pretty loudmouths who so boldly take their hatred out on non-believing women and "enemies," will not have such freedom to speak out. They'll have done their part and then, poof, they'll be reigned in when no longer needed to influence culture.

You seem to be unaware of how people behave that are opposed to Trump.

Safety: The Dems seek to silence dissenting opinions by violently shutting down free speech.

They literally seek out "safe" spaces and demand special provisions so they won't be triggered.

Indoctrination: "No Trump, No Wall, No USA at All!"

Fighting for women's rights while claiming 72 genders.

Us vs. them world view: Your rant is literally "Us vs Them"

Right wing argument really has completely distilled into one big "No, YOU."

The marriage gap

THE slow decline of marriage is upending American politics. In the 2012 presidential election, unmarried women accounted for nearly a quarter of all votes cast. Their votes went decisively to Barack Obama, by 36 percentage points.

You might not think that a group that runs from not-yet-married college students to inner-city single mothers and divorced professionals had much in common. Yet unmarried women are spectacularly loyal to the Democrats—if they vote, which many do not. (Widows are outliers, voting more like married women.)

There was a study done and it found that women who vote Democratic were more likely to block those who disagreed with them on social media, such as Republicans.

The same study also showed that conservative women are less likely to block those on social media who disagree with them.

Open-mindedness is more on the side of conservative women there.

1. zero links, and I don't believe you.
2. Trump trolls aren't open-minded.

The SURVEY says that right after the election, more Dem women axed contacts than Rep women.
A STUDY might have been able to how how many of the Rep women had Dem friends in the first place. Your conclusion is not supported by your link.
It could be that Rep women were more likely to filter their friends before the election, for one possible alternate.
Or maybe there are just far fewer Rep women on social media?
Or maybe Rep women used other justifications for their culling?

You are not in a strong position to bitch about echo chambers, halfie.

Yes, a finding goes against the left, you have to make excuses for it. If this survey said, "Republican women most likely to block friends on social media over politics", you would not ask the questions you did. You would accept it.

Not if YOU posted it, I wouldn't

Hell, I always thought it was because they liked getting their pussies grabbed by rich assholes. HRC women don’t like sex. I’m sure that’s it.

Dishonesty. Trump was talking about women who let you do that stuff with their permission. If a woman lets Trump do that, that's her choice. But, he never said he did it to women who didn't give permission. You can see it in rap videos where the women let the rappers touch them and grab them with permission. If the rapper said, "they let me do it!," he would be right.

You guys are really reaching.

Hell, I always thought it was because they liked getting their pussies grabbed by rich assholes. HRC women don’t like sex. I’m sure that’s it.

Dishonesty. Trump was talking about women who let you do that stuff with their permission.
Interesting take, since he said he did not wait for their permission.
So, your accusation of dishonesty.... kinda dishonest.
You're reaching....

Qualities I admire in a President:
Half-Life, "I like Presidents who act like gangsta rappers".

Also, "You can do anything. Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything", doesn't exactly sound like waiting for consent.

Qualities I admire in a President:
Half-Life, "I like Presidents who act like gangsta rappers".

Also, "You can do anything. Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything", doesn't exactly sound like waiting for consent.
Hip Hop would suffer a major blow if SNL did a Gansta Rap Pres. Trump sketch.

Dishonesty. Trump was talking about women who let you do that stuff with their permission. If a woman lets Trump do that, that's her choice. But, he never said he did it to women who didn't give permission. You can see it in rap videos where the women let the rappers touch them and grab them with permission. If the rapper said, "they let me do it!," he would be right.

So, I assume that you think that every single one of the more than 20 women who have accused the liar in chief of sexual assault are all lying, but the man who lies almost every time he opens his mouth is telling the truth? Seriously? If you really believe that he has never raped or sexually assaulted a woman, there is nothing anyone can tell you that will help you understand the truth. Still, it is pretty amusing that you are now comparing Trump's behavior to that of the lyrics in some rap songs. Is that the best you can do? Are you for real? One has to wonder.

There was a study done and it found that women who vote Democratic were more likely to block those who disagreed with them on social media, such as Republicans.

The same study also showed that conservative women are less likely to block those on social media who disagree with them.

What the hell does who or what one chooses to see on THEIR social media page have ANY bearing on one's open mindedness? Oh yeah, nothing.

What the hell does who or what one chooses to see on THEIR social media page have ANY bearing on one's open mindedness? Oh yeah, nothing.

What does it mean to have an open mind? I thought it means being capable of tentatively accepting a position for the purpose of exploring ideas that initially seem to conflict with those you currently hold. How can one be open minded about anything if one insulates oneself from any conflicting opinions?

Being open to ideas is certainly, plainly obviously, directly impacted by whether ideas are allowed to come to your awareness. Obviously.

Dishonesty. Trump was talking about women who let you do that stuff with their permission.
Interesting take, since he said he did not wait for their permission.
So, your accusation of dishonesty.... kinda dishonest.
You're reaching....

That explanation wasn't from me. That was from a WOMAN in a debate video on youtube between conservatives and liberals.

But, I guess we can't trust a woman's opinion on the subject. Misogyny?

So, I assume that you think that every single one of the more than 20 women who have accused the liar in chief of sexual assault are all lying, but the man who lies almost every time he opens his mouth is telling the truth? Seriously? If you really believe that he has never raped or sexually assaulted a woman, there is nothing anyone can tell you that will help you understand the truth. Still, it is pretty amusing that you are now comparing Trump's behavior to that of the lyrics in some rap songs. Is that the best you can do? Are you for real? One has to wonder.

Never said they were all lying. But, we have no way of knowing.

There are ways to tell consent. If a woman is smiling at you and you walk over to her and you start talking and you start leaning in for a kiss and she keeps smiling, she will let you kiss her. If she says no or tries to avoid you, that is not giving consent. An attractive man and an ugly man can do the EXACT SAME MOVES on a woman and she will call the ugly guy a creep and the handsome guy will get a smile. It works like that with men too.

Back
Top Bottom