• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Why Trump Will Win the GOP Nomination

And I remember when Ronny Raygun was the laugher. Now he's one of the saints of the GOP, if not their god itself.

I'm always thankful we have a system of government where powers are shared. That way something like the GOP or a Trump dominated GOP or a GOP run by the kind of ignorance that gets us a Trump isn't as destructive as if we lived in a monarchy.

I don't know. I think if he wins one of the early ones, you'll see a lot of the other candidates dropping out and making deals to settle on one non-Trump contender. Trump's support has a ceiling and the vote split between the rivals puts that ceiling above all of them.

The GOP is very much aware of what a disaster a Trump candidacy will be for them and all the rest are just waiting to be the one who benefits from the movement against him. Someone is going to start sending dump trucks full of cash to their houses in exchange for supporting someone else, though.

While I am still hoping for a Trump nomination simply for the humour value and the well-deserved damage it would do to the Republican party, I see the rest of them finding a way to stop it.

Every time some pundit talks about Trump's "ceiling" he breaks through it. First it was 20%. Then 30%. Now he's at 40%. Over in some polls. But any day he's going to top out and lose. Seems to me wishful thinking.

I ran into a Trump campaign worker the other day. He was very confident. Cocky really. He was sure Trump would win, and that he'd beat Hillary. He said Hillary would be indicted after her nomination and that would sweep the Donald into the White House. What a nightmare.

SLD

A lot of people predict that the general election is a ceiling that Trump could never break through.

It would be ironic through. He enters the GOP race to ensure a Hilldebeest victory in the general, and instead wins the general by accident.

Every time some pundit talks about Trump's "ceiling" he breaks through it. First it was 20%. Then 30%. Now he's at 40%. Over in some polls. But any day he's going to top out and lose. Seems to me wishful thinking.

I ran into a Trump campaign worker the other day. He was very confident. Cocky really. He was sure Trump would win, and that he'd beat Hillary. He said Hillary would be indicted after her nomination and that would sweep the Donald into the White House. What a nightmare.

SLD

A lot of people predict that the general election is a ceiling that Trump could never break through.

It would be ironic through. He enters the GOP race to ensure a Hilldebeest victory in the general, and instead wins the general by accident.
Whether it's Trump or someone else in the general election, it's going to be just as close. The news networks like close races, so no matter what, one candidate will get somewhere between 47-50% and the other one 50-53%.

SLD

How does he do that?

He is disliked by the young, by women and by racial minorities.

Are only old white men going to vote, his only demographic?

How does he do that?

He promised to kill families. Surely, there will be a high turnout at the polls.

How does he do that?

A higher percentage of Republicans vote. It really is that simple.

- - - Updated - - -

How does he do that?

He promised to kill families. Surely, there will be a high turnout at the polls.

Yes, it will motivate many conservatives and libertarians to rush out to the voting booths so that they can cast their ballots for him.

How does he do that?

Registered Republicans and Democrats don't decide general elections.

They are decided by the unaffiliated.

SLD

That would be ironic. It's not a real concern, though.

The swinging voter. That 5-10% of voters that decide most elections in most countries. Unless something big like the mass migration happening in Europe stirs big sections of the population to vote for anti migration parties.

The swinging voter. That 5-10% of voters that decide most elections in most countries. Unless something big like the mass migration happening in Europe stirs big sections of the population to vote for anti migration parties.

If the US and Britain had not launched a terrorist attack against the Iraqi people and carried out a decade long policy of murder and torture there would be no refugees.

Intelligent people understand this and are repelled and disgusted by these despicable politicians trying to use the worst in people to gain votes.

So your only hope is that the ignorant out number the intelligent, which may be true.

And now Graham has dropped out. It is a testament to how extreme the GOP has become where in this race Graham seemed moderate, reasonable and almost lovable.

Net effect on the polls: likely zero.

And now Graham has dropped out. It is a testament to how extreme the GOP has become where in this race Graham seemed moderate, reasonable and almost lovable.

In other news, Lindsey Graham had been running for President.

In other news, Lindsey Graham had been running for President.

He was? That explains why he was quoted by the press in reaction to Trump's recent ban all Muslims comments. I understood McCain because he's a racial apolgist. Lindsey, although a friend of Mccain, I had judged a anti-racial mixing guy 'cause he's from SC.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/201...vulgar-attack-against-hillary-clinton-n484226

So now he is saying that Hillary got "schlonged" by Obama. And that her bathroom break was disgusting. I'm sure his turds smell like roses.

Trump is a fucking dick. But he'll surge in the polls because of this.
He's after the Republicunt vote, the women who vote republican but who are merely suffering penis envy.

Trum blows his horn copy.jpg

Watch out! Don't get "uppity" with the TWO BEST THINGS for America. Don't take my word for it...just ask them.;)

If the US and Britain had not launched a terrorist attack against the Iraqi people and carried out a decade long policy of murder and torture there would be no refugees.

Intelligent people understand this and are repelled and disgusted by these despicable politicians trying to use the worst in people to gain votes.

So your only hope is that the ignorant out number the intelligent, which may be true.
If we in fact launched a terrorist attack, there would be no refugees.

If we in fact launched a terrorist attack, there would be no refugees.

You mean if we had launched a different kind of terrorist attack.

How was what we did not terrorism?

By what universal understanding of morality?

If you know you are going to kill many civilians, and you have no NEED to attack because you are under no unusual threat or imminent attack, it is deliberately killing civilians to achieve a political aim.

How is that not terrorism?

Back
Top Bottom