• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Will Trump finally be indicted in Georgia?

I have not been following this story. I don't like Trump for scams like Trump University, so voting for him is crazy to begin with.

That being said, what is going on with prosecuting his lawyers?

Normally I think of lawyers having a wide range of things that they can do without prosecution. I can think of them being scummy and so on, but coming down hard on lawyers because of ulterior political motivations by the state is scary even I dislike their client. Will lawyers for Democrats be charged in a few years?

Can someone allay my fears that is not a political persecution and is in fact for clear laws that these lawyers have broken?

I have not been following this story. I don't like Trump for scams like Trump University, so voting for him is crazy to begin with.

Normally I think of lawyers having a wide range of things that they can do without prosecution. I can think of them being scummy and so on, but coming down hard on lawyers because of ulterior political motivations by the state is scary even I dislike their client. Will lawyers for Democrats be charged in a few years?

Lawyers, like everyone else, cannot be held above the law. If they join in a criminal conspiracy, they can be prosecuted for it. If they are just giving legal advice to a client, that is not a crime and is privileged communication, but these lawyers are being charged with criminal activity. Trump believed that, because they were lawyers, anything they said to him was privileged, but that is not the case. Do you remember Michael Cohen? He was a lawyer working for Trump, yet he went to prison for a crime in which Trump was named as an unindicted co-conspirator.

Can someone allay my fears that is not a political persecution and is in fact for clear laws that these lawyers have broken?

Read the indictments. They are in the public domain, and they name the crimes which the lawyers are being charged with.

Lawyers aren’t above the law. If they participate in the conspiracy, they will be charged. Helping your client figure out the best way to rob a bank is bank robbery, not legal advice.

I have heard of a lawyer who had a criminal defendant come to him, so he gave him a gun and told him to go earn his fee. That’s crossing the line. Not sure what his politics were.

Or the ten-year-old who was just reprimanded for trying to sneak a cookie..

Looks like his Apprentice “your fired” pose. But it will hit his marks and they’ll open their wallets some more.

Trump's mugshot has that I missed the bus and someone said "I told you so" look.

That look when you wake up thinking it's Friday but your cell phone displays Monday.

Trump's mugshot has that I missed the bus and someone said "I told you so" look.
Yeah, it feels like "I'm so mad that I got caught and I'm going to tear through the entire Georgia judicial system... please don't tell my mommy."

That look when you go on Facebook Marketplace to replace your stolen TV, and you find your TV listed for sale.

Back
Top Bottom