• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Xkcd appreciation thread

correlation.png

https://xkcd.com/386/

Duty Calls:

duty_calls.png

I always thought the title was "Duty Call," which I thought was hilarious. The woman off screen wants a booty call, see. I don't know whether the actual title works as well.

The hoverpunchline is, "What do you want me to do? LEAVE? Then they'll keep being wrong!"

The 'Time' one was really good. I had a link to a site where someone had put them all together, but when I went to go find it just now, I got a 404 error.

Anyway, there are so many good ones from which to choose. Here's one which appeals to the mathematician in me:
e_to_the_pi_times_i.png

And here's one I just love because, well, graphs are cool:
stove_ownership.png

And this one for my EE side:
nerd_sniping.png

That's a good one! I think about that a lot. Walking across the desert, you see a lot of things like that; an organism walked across a beach, or a volcano sent a flow over a surface, or a meteorite struck... and that was literally the only notable thing to happen to that particular sediment in millions of years. Two minutes of activity, billions of years of static. The time depth can really floor you if you think about it for very long.

Back
Top Bottom