• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

100 Reasons Why Evolution Is Stupid

What about, Hovind? He was a science teacher for what? 15 years? In public schools.

Where did you get that idea? I've never heard of him teaching anything in public schools, and Wikipedia mentions nothing about it. His education is entirely in Religious Education, which wouldn't qualify him for teaching science in public schools.

First of all, I came here to get the opinions of the people active in this community. I can look up a link in rebuttal to Kent Hovind's presentation so please don't just give me what I can find myself. If you want to reference a link in rebuttal excerpt the relevant point and leave the link for reference. Don't just give me a link and say there's your answer.

Now. Before we conclude I wan't you to address the question "Why not consider Kent Hovind's 100 Reasons Why Evolution Is Stupid?"

For my part, I will answer the question "Why consider Kent Hovind's 100 Reasons Why Evolution Is Stupid?"

The answer is that on the subject of evolution, along with David Berlinski, he makes the most sense to me.
I watched the one hour fifty minute video. He makes an entertaining attempt to point out questionable statements made by members of the scientific community. A thoughtful review of the material covered would prove fruitful, especially to some members of his target audience. So yes, I agree, we should consider his reasons for thinking what he does.

Now. Before we conclude I wan't you to address the question "Why not consider Kent Hovind's 100 Reasons Why Evolution Is Stupid?"
My sense of humor's stamina is not great enough to make it through the whole video.

"3. Stellar and planetary evolution. Origin of stars and planets. No one has ever seen a star or planet form. The theory that in order to form 1 star 20 would have to be destroyed seems stupid. "

"I don't understand how something works. I could take time to learn about it, but it's easier--and more profitable--to just conclude that it's wrong."

What did you want to discuss when you created this thread?
I think it's pretty clear he's just spoiling for an argument and is arguing for the sake of arguing and engaging in sophistry.

Probably doesn't hurt him that he think he's being oh-so-clever about it. It's clear he doesn't give a shit about evolution and any pros or cons related to it. I mean, he started off by stating that Dr. Dino makes sense to him.

Even the rest of the YEC crowd are embarrassed by Kent Hovind. And that's saying something.

Even the rest of the YEC crowd are embarrassed by Kent Hovind. And that's saying something.
Yeah.
AIG published a list of arguments creationists shouldn't use, because they're bad, wrong and/or dishonest.
Hovind took it as a personal attack...

Yes, but when he said that he thinks UFO's are Satan's transportation system because he would need a super-fast way to get around because he's not omni-present like god, that made the most sense to me.

what he says regarding evolution makes sense to me.

It makes the most sense that the Earth is a flat, round dish. This is OBVIOUSLY true. Just look around you. If it were a sphere there would be all kinds of problems... first of all, the sun would never set. Second of all, anyone on the other side of the sphere would fall off. Thirdly, we all know heavan is up and hell is down, but if the earth were a sphere, then up and down would just be RELATIVE.. and since heavan and hell are ultimately polar moral opposites, this would mean that morality is relative, and this is impossible.

What "makes sense" to a person means exactly shit.

You would do yourself a much better service stating what DOESN'T make sense to you about Evolution (or the Theory of Evolution) and THEN point out what makes BETTER sense. Now that would be worth a discussion.

what he says regarding evolution makes sense to me.

It makes the most sense that the Earth is a flat, round dish. This is OBVIOUSLY true. Just look around you. If it were a sphere there would be all kinds of problems... first of all, the sun would never set. Second of all, anyone on the other side of the sphere would fall off. Thirdly, we all know heavan is up and hell is down, but if the earth were a sphere, then up and down would just be RELATIVE.. and since heavan and hell are ultimately polar moral opposites, this would mean that morality is relative, and this is impossible.

You would do yourself a much better service stating what DOESN'T make sense to you about Evolution (or the Theory of Evolution) and THEN point out what makes BETTER sense. Now that would be worth a discussion.

So true. Some things are counter-intuitive.

So true. Some things are counter-intuitive.

Are you sure? That doesn't sound right to me.

What does counter-intuitive mean? I don't understand how you subtract words from one another.

In a way the OP is right.Evolution does not make a plan to do things.It does not think about what to do next.He should have said the theory is stupid ;which is stupid.

That's a hilarious spoof of exactly the kinds of arguments creationists make!

Thanks. Since the WoW universe is billions of years old, although it was created 15 years ago, the visible universe is definitely not a finely tuned creation of beings who've had a lot more practice than 30-40 year old software engineers.

That's a hilarious spoof of exactly the kinds of arguments creationists make!

Thanks. Since the WoW universe is billions of years old, although it was created 15 years ago, the visible universe is definitely not a finely tuned creation of beings who've had a lot more practice than 30-40 year old software engineers.

Huh?

Huh?
To spoof stuff that anti-creationists say, I should have said "the visible universe is definitely 13.7 billion years old, and definitely not designed to look that old by designers who are a bit better at design than 30-40 year old software engineers who created the "ancient" World of Warcraft universe."

Back
Top Bottom