• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

1st presidential debate 2016

Bwaaaak bwaaaaak He's chicken about his returns. Scared to let anyone see the structure of his house of cards. In debt up to his eyeballs to ressian oligarchs. Completely bought from top to toe.

I've decided the entire country needs to pull a Cato The Elder here.

And furthermore, Trump is a fearful chicken loser for not releasing his tax returns like a real candidate.

Why should he release his tax returns? The only people braying that he must are people who are not voting for him anyway. Why care about them? Don't imagine any remaining undecideds give a flying fuck about his tax returns.

Bwaaaak bwaaaaak He's chicken about his returns. Scared to let anyone see the structure of his house of cards. In debt up to his eyeballs to ressian oligarchs. Completely bought from top to toe.

And furthermore, Trump is a fearful chicken loser for not releasing his tax returns like a real candidate.

Why should he release his tax returns? The only people braying that he must are people who are not voting for him anyway. Why care about them? Don't imagine any remaining undecideds give a flying fuck about his tax returns.

I think that Trump gave them very good reasons why they should care during the debate. If he's being a "smart businessman" and not paying anything into the government coffers, as he claimed, despite being a billionaire then voters deserve to know. If he's being a "smart businessman" and profiting off the pain and misery of millions who lost everything, as he claimed, then the voters deserve to know.

And yes, you're correct that the people who care about this aren't voting for him. That's the entire point - to get more people to care about this. Of course Trump isn't going to release his tax returns - at this point it would be a horrendously stupid move that even someone as dumb as him would never make. It's an issue to be used as a club against him to have him constantly on the defensive and make the matter as bad for him by not releasing them as it would be by releasing them.

I think that Trump gave them very good reasons why they should care during the debate. If he's being a "smart businessman" and not paying anything into the government coffers, as he claimed, despite being a billionaire then voters deserve to know. If he's being a "smart businessman" and profiting off the pain and misery of millions who lost everything, as he claimed, then the voters deserve to know.

And yes, you're correct that the people who care about this aren't voting for him. That's the entire point - to get more people to care about this. Of course Trump isn't going to release his tax returns - at this point it would be a horrendously stupid move that even someone as dumb as him would never make. It's an issue to be used as a club against him to have him constantly on the defensive and make the matter as bad for him by not releasing them as it would be by releasing them.

Oh, please. Being smart is only paying what you have to. You're an idiot if you don't take every deduction and loophole you can. (Do you take every deduction you can, or do you voluntarily pay more?) And Trump is a big fish. If the IRS had determined that he underpaid or was untruthful on his taxes, it would have already taken action. See Wesley Snipes. This is an issue only highly partisan people care about. If you really think this would be persuasive for someone undecided between giant douche and turd sandwich, you gotta get out of your bubble.

And there's this: http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter...-hillary-clinton-tax-claim-ignores-years-whe/

Hillary had perfect makeup.

She didn't tear into him like she should have because she didn't want to get excited and have a seizure?

Very disappointed.

3/10

Hillary had perfect makeup.

She didn't tear into him like she should have because she didn't want to get excited and have a seizure?

Very disappointed.

3/10

To be fair, if she got too excited she may have fallen off her bespoke raised podium. She has a history of publicly falling, ya know.

Oh, please. Being smart is only paying what you have to. You're an idiot if you don't take every deduction and loophole you can. (Do you take every deduction you can, or do you voluntarily pay more?) And Trump is a big fish. If the IRS had determined that he underpaid or was untruthful on his taxes, it would have already taken action. See Wesley Snipes. This is an issue only highly partisan people care about. If you really think this would be persuasive for someone undecided between giant douche and turd sandwich, you gotta get out of your bubble.

Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree about who's living in a bubble.

Your imagination is extremely limited. I know a number of republicans and conservatives who are seriously considering voting for Clinton. One of the reasons is they think Trump is a blowhard chickenshit who will not stand up against our enemies. Their evidence? His refusal to release his tax returns and his medical records.

Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree about who's living in a bubble.

Hillary's emails! Remember Hillary's emails! We gotta get people to care about those emails so they that won't vote for her. That's a winning strategy to get undecideds, I tell ya; not just a partisan circle jerk.

- - - Updated - - -

Your imagination is extremely limited. I know a number of republicans and conservatives who are seriously considering voting for Clinton. One of the reasons is they think Trump is a blowhard chickenshit who will not stand up against our enemies. Their evidence? His refusal to release his tax returns and his medical records.

Who do you trust more with national secrets? The woman who sends and looses thousands of government emails on a private server, or the guy who won't release his tax records?

Who do you trust more with national secrets? The woman who sends and looses thousands of government emails on a private server, or the guy who won't release his tax records?

So, which national secrets did she let out from the use of her private server? Which of the two could not even keep their mouth shut about confidential intelligence briefings? You can't trust Trump with anything. If he thinks releasing national secrets will help him win a twitter war with Rosie O'Donnel, he will do just that.

Depends on what you mean by "national secrets". Are we talking about the nuclear launch codes or are we talking about the government abuses of the American public and other illegal things they do? The leak from the DNC showing how they screwed over Bernie Sanders was a positive. It all depends on if we are looking at the American Government in a good or bad light I suppose.

So, which national secrets did she let out from the use of her private server? Which of the two could not even keep their mouth shut about confidential intelligence briefings? You can't trust Trump with anything. If he thinks releasing national secrets will help him win a twitter war with Rosie O'Donnel, he will do just that.

Right, you wouldn't vote for Trump no matter what he does. Releases his tax return / doesn't release his tax turn. Irrelevant. You're not voting for him. Given that obviously the issue of Hillary's emails has no persuasive effect on you, why do you think (if you do) that the issue of Trump's taxes would have a persuasive effect on anybody else? Both are partisan issues that only partisans care about.

I distrust both equally. But this is irrelevant to the issue you raised. I know republicans and conservatives who think Trump is a chickenshit for refusing to release his tax returns and medical records - people who normally vote for republicans and who dislike the Clintons - and who are talking about holding their noses and voting for Clinton. One of the reasons they cite is that they feel she is more likely to stand up against our enemies than the Trump. It is irrelevant whether you believe they are rational or making the right choice. The fact remains that Trump's refusal to release his records is hurting him to some degree among people who might have voted for him. I doubt his refusal is swaying any voters towards him except those he already had.

Depends on what you mean by "national secrets". Are we talking about the nuclear launch codes or are we talking about the government abuses of the American public and other illegal things they do? The leak from the DNC showing how they screwed over Bernie Sanders was a positive. It all depends on if we are looking at the American Government in a good or bad light I suppose.

Confession time. I plagiarized Scott Adams who gave the issue as much seriousness as it deserves.

adams2.jpg

adams1.jpg

Right, you wouldn't vote for Trump no matter what he does. Releases his tax return / doesn't release his tax turn. Irrelevant. You're not voting for him. Given that obviously the issue of Hillary's emails has no persuasive effect on you, why do you think (if you do) that the issue of Trump's taxes would have a persuasive effect on anybody else? Both are partisan issues that only partisans care about.

Given that many of the undecideds are Bernie supporters, I doubt that Hillary's emails matter to them one bit. Trump being obscenely wealthy, and paying nothing in taxes, or lying about being obscenely wealthy, or lying about owing tons of money to foreign interests, those things might just matter to them. If he continues to refuse to release them, then they will think he has something to hide, and possibly assign one of the above suspicions, or many other possibilities, as the reason why, which would likely keep them from voting for Trump (though not necessarily resulting in a vote for Hillary). If he releases them, and one or more of the suspicions is confirmed, they might just switch that vote to Hillary. The only way he possibly gets some of their votes is if he releases the returns, and there is nothing out of the ordinary in them.

Obviously he is a lying liar who lies, so he is hiding something in his tax returns that will make him look bad in the eyes of the undecideds, so it is in his best interest not to release them. That way they still don't vote for him, but at least their vote does not move to Clinton. They either wont turn out, or they will vote for Johnson or Stein.

Obviously he is a lying liar who lies, so he is hiding something in his tax returns that will make him look bad in the eyes of the undecideds, so it is in his best interest not to release them. That way they still don't vote for him, but at least their vote does not move to Clinton. They either wont turn out, or they will vote for Johnson or Stein.

All these reasonable arguments aside, I'm going to vote for the candidate who is capable of resisting the urge to make monkey faces and spew gutteral interruptions the whole time that the other candidate is speaking. Especially if, as is widely promulgated here, the president is nothing but a figurehead. I don't want myself to be reflected by an individual who exhibits infantile reactions to everything he doesn't like - I'm tougher than that!

Why care about them? Don't imagine any remaining undecideds give a flying fuck about his tax returns.

You imagine right. As an "undecided", I truly don't give a flying fuck about his tax returns.

I wouldn't look at the damn things anyway.

To be fair, if she got too excited she may have fallen off her bespoke raised podium. She has a history of publicly falling, ya know.

Roosevelt couldn't stand, Trausti. Shame that they had to make it look like he could. Appearance.

She WAS holding the podium for deal life now that I think about it.

She has adorable hand language and I noticed that it was limited. I love the way she talks with her hands. Her motions were less graceful, and I felt like she was really holding back in a lot of ways. God Bless the poor woman. She can run the country from a hospital bed for all I care. Just get there.

Bwaaaak bwaaaaak He's chicken about his returns. Scared to let anyone see the structure of his house of cards. In debt up to his eyeballs to russian oligarchs. Completely bought from top to toe.

Why care about them?

1. To see if he is actually a criminal, illegally dodging taxes by funneling income through a "charity"
  2. To see if he has blackmailable obligations to foreign governments
  3. To see if he has severe conflicts of interests in his investments vs. foreign policy decisions
  4. To see if he is an upstanding citizen of character or one who lies about his wealth, his charitable giving and his business acumen
  5. To see if he is an actual criminal in other areas of tax code violations before he gets elected
  6. To see if he is scamming the electorate and freeloading off of them saying that he's so overloaded with tax burden it has to be eased even more (so that he doesn't have to go to so much effort to funnel it through loopholes and downright illegal charity laundering)
  7. To see what has him so chickenshit scared

Any one of those is enough. Any one of those is why all other presidential candidates have done it. This is not a new question. It has ALWAYS had an answer since the first time it was done. Trump's the only one too frightened to do it.

Roosevelt couldn't stand, Trausti. Shame that they had to make it look like he could. Appearance.

She WAS holding the podium for deal life now that I think about it.

She has adorable hand language and I noticed that it was limited. I love the way she talks with her hands. Her motions were less graceful, and I felt like she was really holding back in a lot of ways. God Bless the poor woman. She can run the country from a hospital bed for all I care. Just get there.

Dude, you need to stop reading Breitbart. You've taken a sharp left turn from reality.

Why care about them?

1. To see if he is actually a criminal, illegally dodging taxes by funneling income through a "charity"
  2. To see if he has blackmailable obligations to foreign governments
  3. To see if he has severe conflicts of interests in his investments vs. foreign policy decisions
  4. To see if he is an upstanding citizen of character or one who lies about his wealth, his charitable giving and his business acumen
  5. To see if he is an actual criminal in other areas of tax code violations before he gets elected
  6. To see if he is scamming the electorate and freeloading off of them saying that he's so overloaded with tax burden it has to be eased even more (so that he doesn't have to go to so much effort to funnel it through loopholes and downright illegal charity laundering)
  7. To see what has him so chickenshit scared

Any one of those is enough. Any one of those is why all other presidential candidates have done it. This is not a new question. It has ALWAYS had an answer since the first time it was done. Trump's the only one too frightened to do it.

Hey JonA. Does Rhea's post persuade you to care about Trump's tax returns? Or does it still look like partisan bloviating?

Back
Top Bottom