• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

2020 Election Results

Why would Trump be screaming "STOP THE COUNT" today at 9am if that would only guarantee a Biden win??

He has no mind.

But of course if that were to happen perhaps millions of valid votes would go uncounted and he's again be guilty of undermining democracy.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1324353932022480896[/TWEET]
Does that mean he Concedes?

Why would Trump be screaming "STOP THE COUNT" today at 9am if that would only guarantee a Biden win??

He has no mind.

But of course if that were to happen perhaps millions of valid votes would go uncounted and he's again be guilty of undermining democracy.

Oh gawd, I hope not.
I'd never hear the end of it from the "I'm not a trumpsucker" crowd if he ever conceded.

Jebus!

article said:
WASHINGTON — The Justice Department told federal prosecutors in an email early on Wednesday that the law allowed them to send armed federal officers to ballot-counting locations around the country to investigate potential voter fraud, according to three people who described the message.

The email created the specter of the federal government intimidating local election officials or otherwise intervening in vote tallying amid calls by President Donald Trump to end the tabulating in states where he was trailing in the presidential race, former officials said.

A law prohibits the stationing of armed federal officers at polls on Election Day. But a top official told prosecutors that the department interpreted the statute to mean that they could send armed federal officers to polling stations and locations where ballots were being counted anytime after that.
Yeah, we interpreted that law as saying we couldn't intimidate voters, just the people counting the voters' votes. This is the Department of Justice saying this!

Jebus!

article said:
WASHINGTON — The Justice Department told federal prosecutors in an email early on Wednesday that the law allowed them to send armed federal officers to ballot-counting locations around the country to investigate potential voter fraud, according to three people who described the message.

The email created the specter of the federal government intimidating local election officials or otherwise intervening in vote tallying amid calls by President Donald Trump to end the tabulating in states where he was trailing in the presidential race, former officials said.

A law prohibits the stationing of armed federal officers at polls on Election Day. But a top official told prosecutors that the department interpreted the statute to mean that they could send armed federal officers to polling stations and locations where ballots were being counted anytime after that.
Yeah, we interpreted that law as saying we couldn't intimidate voters, just the people counting the voters' votes. This is the Department of Justice saying this!

As predicted.
Yawn.

Of course the AG is going to at least threaten to do that - he's going to jail if Trump loses. The question is whether he can lower the billybar to the level of actually following through with it, without further increasing his own jeopardy. I'm sure he will if his calculus is that it will save his own skin.

I must be looking at the EV's wrong; because from where I'm sitting it looks like if Trump won all but Nevada (out of the pending states) Biden still wins. If that's right \shouldn't Giuliani be at Trump International right now and not Pennsylvania? I mean what da deal?

He has no mind.

No, no. Stop counting now, then let his volunteers 'monitor' any further counting....until it comes out right.

Why scream Stop Counting?

He's yelling TIME OUT.

According to Hoyle's Rules of the Playground, Cheating Bully chapter, he will next yell INTERFERENCE. Then, finally DO OVER.

I must be looking at the EV's wrong; because from where I'm sitting it looks like if Trump won all but Nevada (out of the pending states) Biden still wins. If that's right \shouldn't Giuliani be at Trump International right now and not Pennsylvania? I mean what da deal?

Your tally is correct, if Biden has AZ. They probably think the lawyers have a better argument to stop the count in PA and preserve his lead.

Seen elsewhere - Looks like the same people that hate science are also hating math right now.

Georgia down to under 15,000. Purdue will almost certainly need a runoff to beat Ossoff now.
Pennsylvania down to about 116,000. Biden is actually pulling in a better percentage today than yesterday, implying red counties are running out of absentee ballots. Biden needs around 150,000 more absentee ballots to take the lead.

Pretty much everything seems certain except the certainty. Biden's lead grows in Nevada. Not a lot, but it went up by about half to 11,500 or so votes, which again, sounds small, but is 1%, which in Nevada is a decent percentage.

Pretty much everything seems certain except the certainty. Biden's lead grows in Nevada. Not a lot, but it went up by about half to 11,500 or so votes, which again, sounds small, but is 1%, which in Nevada is a decent percentage.

Props to the Silver State! I was pretty sure that would happen (Most Nevada counties take the definition of "rural" to soaring new heights) but I feel much more comfortable with the current margin. Looks like I won't have to Cancel Reno after all.

I don't know what's a good place for this:
Donald Trump Jr. says dad’s ‘next move’ is to ‘break up’ FBI: ‘He has to get rid of these things’ – Raw Story
During an interview on Fox News, host Maria Bartiromo asked the president’s son what his father would do if the FBI does not do his bidding by smearing the son of Democratic nominee Joe Biden and by preventing Democrats from increasing the use of mail-in ballots.
Talk about being a sore loser.

U.S. election turmoil leaves China awash with schadenfreude - The Washington Post
Hopeless America," a columnist at China's official Xinhua News Agency thundered.

“U.S. democracy now a joke,” the Beijing-backed Takungpao broadsheet pronounced.

“A bit like a developing country,” the Global Times sniffed as it contemplated the possibility of post-election violence erupting in the world’s most powerful democracy.

As the United States tallied votes in a presidential election that appears headed for a court battle and fractious final phase, Chinese commentators and state mouthpieces this week lined up to portray the cross-Pacific superpower — viewed with awe and envy by generations of Chinese — as a politically crumbling edifice in 2020.

Sizing up the situation, newspapers in South Korea and Japan this week questioned the “intrinsic value of democracy” while Britain’s former foreign secretary Jeremy Hunt warned about a potential “catastrophe for the worldwide reputation of democracy.”
"Criticisms of liberal democracy, to be sure, are nothing new from Beijing, where the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) holds power with an iron grip." Like about South Korean and Taiwanese MP's brawling, and noting about the 2000 election that the US system “is in fact not perfect.”
“Democracy has not made America great again, nor has it saved Americans from the pandemic,” said Wang Wen, an executive dean at Renmin University in Beijing who wrote an essay earlier this year titled “the End of the American Century.”

“This is no longer the United States we knew in the past,” Wang told The Washington Post.

Because "breaking up the FBI" is definitely something that a normal, not-criminal citizen would aspire to do. :rolleyes:

Is he trying to get himself mysteriously dissapeared or something? He's lucky the FBI isn't as... assertive as they used to be.

That's good news. I wonder how much of Clark County has been counted since approximately 3/4 of Nevada's population lives there.

But Sarah Cook, a China researcher at Freedom House, said the Chinese criticisms of democracies were “ironic” and a “typical part of the playbook” from its state media.

“Those kinds of actions speak louder than words in terms of the deep level of insecurity behind the CCP and state media’s boasting of their own system.”
It must hurt to be criticized for lack of democracy, so China's leaders strike back at their biggest geopolitical opponent and presumed standardbearer of democracy, the US. It's something like what Soviet officials had done when their nation existed.
“What is infuriating is that Americans themselves reject so-called true universal suffrage but ask Hong Kong to promote it,” Takungpao opined. “The U.S. election is not a model of democracy, but an ugly demonstration of democracy. It’s a worldwide laughing stock.”

Nate Silver saying Nevada is basically callable for Biden.

But Sarah Cook, a China researcher at Freedom House, said the Chinese criticisms of democracies were “ironic” and a “typical part of the playbook” from its state media.

“Those kinds of actions speak louder than words in terms of the deep level of insecurity behind the CCP and state media’s boasting of their own system.”
It must hurt to be criticized for lack of democracy, so China's leaders strike back at their biggest geopolitical opponent and presumed standardbearer of democracy, the US. It's something like what Soviet officials had done when their nation existed.
“What is infuriating is that Americans themselves reject so-called true universal suffrage but ask Hong Kong to promote it,” Takungpao opined. “The U.S. election is not a model of democracy, but an ugly demonstration of democracy. It’s a worldwide laughing stock.”

Both parties are correct. Neither nation lives out their claimed ideals very consistently, and neither of them want to talk about the work camps they hide their problems in, so they snipe at each other instead.

Back
Top Bottom