• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

2020 Election Results

Justice has been served.

No. It hasn't.

There is no justifying such tragedy. She didn't deserve to die.

She also didn't deserve to be lied to to the extend that her worldview got so distorted as to make it seem like storming the capital in an act of mass sedition was a good idea.

Before this admittedly idiotic woman got shot trying to do something stupid, she was a living, breathing human being capable of change and growth

Yes, Justice has been served. That doesn't mean that it isn't a tragedy.

She was a part of an insurrectionist mob that was just minutes (if not seconds) before were chanting to hang the Vice President, and she was breaking through a door and climbing over a barricade that blocked an entrance that gave direct access to the VP. She should have been shot. Everyone else near her is lucky they did not go down in a hail of bullets as well. Shows how well trained the officers on the other side of that door were. If it had been the APD on the other side of the door, like in the case of Breonna Taylor, the death toll would have been significantly higher, and every one of those deaths would have been justified.

#sayHerName indeed, I'll say her fucking name, Ashli Babbitt was a traitor and terrorist who was justifiably shot and killed for her actions.

She's not the only one who died.

View attachment 31215
Nice.

So, he was trying to steal a Tip O'Neill portrait. If you're committing a felony, and someone dies during/because of that felony, it's a murder charge, right?
And Trump's likes the death penalty for muderers, right?

So, this guy really is the ultimate law-and-order supporter. Judge, jury, executioner, condemned, all at no extra cost to the taxpayers!

Justice has been served.

No. It hasn't.

She also didn't deserve to be lied to to the extend that her worldview got so distorted as to make it seem like storming the capital in an act of mass sedition was a good idea.

Before this admittedly idiotic woman got shot trying to do something stupid, she was a living, breathing human being capable of change and growth

She was a part of an insurrectionist mob that was just minutes (if not seconds) before were chanting to hang the Vice President, and she was breaking through a door and climbing over a barricade that blocked an entrance that gave direct access to the VP. She should have been shot. Everyone else near her is lucky they did not go down in a hail of bullets as well. Shows how well trained the officers on the other side of that door were. If it had been the APD on the other side of the door, like in the case of Breonna Taylor, the death toll would have been significantly higher, and every one of those deaths would have been justified.

#sayHerName indeed, I'll say her fucking name, Ashli Babbitt was a traitor and terrorist who was justifiably shot and killed for her actions.

Jarhyn has a point.
Sure, we can blame the delusional behavior on her bad choices. The greater evil though is the lying and propaganda that is so pervasive and persistent that it creates an illusion that there is no choice.

Jarhyn has a point.
Sure, we can blame the delusional behavior on her bad choices. The greater evil though is the lying and propaganda that is so pervasive and persistent that it creates an illusion that there is no choice.

I agreed that it was a tragedy (maybe that wasn't so clear). It was also a case of justice being served. It can be both. She deserved to die for her actions, she did not deserve to be indoctrinated into a cult with the full support of her elected leader(s).

False rumors about Kevin Greeson. This is how he died.

NYT said:
Four people lost their lives during the melee in Washington on Wednesday. One of them was Kevin D. Greeson, 55, of Athens, Ala., who collapsed as he stood among a sea of Trump supporters on the west side of the U.S. Capitol.

Mr. Greeson had been talking to his wife on his phone when he fell to the sidewalk. A New York Times reporter watched as emergency personnel rushed to help, furiously performing chest compressions, but were unable to revive him.

NYT said:
Four people lost their lives during the melee in Washington on Wednesday. One of them was Kevin D. Greeson, 55, of Athens, Ala., who collapsed as he stood among a sea of Trump supporters on the west side of the U.S. Capitol.

Mr. Greeson had been talking to his wife on his phone when he fell to the sidewalk. A New York Times reporter watched as emergency personnel rushed to help, furiously performing chest compressions, but were unable to revive him.

Damn. But you know what? I'm going to continue to spread the fake story of him tasing his own balls to death. He deserves that for his service and dedication to the cause.

NYT said:

Damn. But you know what? I'm going to continue to spread the fake story of him tasing his own balls to death. He deserves that for his service and dedication to the cause.

I will note that the NYT story does not say that he did not tase himself in the balls to death while talking on the phone to his wife. I prefer to believe that they just omitted some of the details.

NYT said:

How about the picture Elixir posted? Did Greeson really caption it with, "I wish these motherfuckers would come to my hood!"?
Cause if THAT'S accurate, i'm still telling tge taser story.

NYT said:

I don't see anything in this post explaining how he died.

That he died wasn't really the question.
Tom

NYT said:

How about the picture Elixir posted? Did Greeson really caption it with, "I wish these motherfuckers would come to my hood!"?

There's also the question of what one does if they don't have balls. You know, what would Orange Grifter do? Where would he aim?

There's also the question of what one does if they don't have balls. You know, what would Orange Grifter do? Where would he aim?

The mouth of the nearest Republican Representative?

The mouth of the nearest Republican Representative?

I was thinking, "his butthole," but same thing really.

Dems might just pluck away one more seat in the Senate. Murkowski said Trump has to go and her remaining in the party depended on the GOP’s willingness to dump Trump.

NYT said:

It's not so much that, for me.
I'll keep spreading it in the hope that some trumpsuckers tase themselves in the balls as a gesture of solidarity. :)

Dems might just pluck away one more seat in the Senate. Murkowski said Trump has to go and her remaining in the party depended on the GOP’s willingness to dump Trump.

GOP Sen. Lisa Murkowski (Alaska) said Friday that she believes President Trump should resign immediately, becoming the first Senate Republican to call for him to step down after riots at the Capitol.

"I want him to resign. I want him out. He has caused enough damage," Murkowski told the Anchorage Daily News.

Murkowski's comments come two days after rioters breached the Capitol as Vice President Pence and lawmakers were counting the Electoral College vote.

A rat leaving a sinking ship is still a rat.
Tom

GOP Sen. Lisa Murkowski (Alaska) said Friday that she believes President Trump should resign immediately, becoming the first Senate Republican to call for him to step down after riots at the Capitol.

"I want him to resign. I want him out. He has caused enough damage," Murkowski told the Anchorage Daily News.

Murkowski's comments come two days after rioters breached the Capitol as Vice President Pence and lawmakers were counting the Electoral College vote.

A rat leaving a sinking ship is still a rat.
Tom

She's had one foot over the gunwale for a long time.

Justice has been served.

No. It hasn't.

This is true. She was also in an angry crowd trying to get access in to a room with House Reps. People shouldn't have to die, but the Capitol Building is pretty much one of those places one goes trying to enforce their personal authority over that of security. Who knows, that gunshot might have perversely saved lives.

It might have. Something had to be done, because something more appropriate was not done earlier. This is the end result of having taken that path, and while hindsight is 20/20, we must have foresight. People on the left have been trying to prevent this. Tried to prevent it. We already had Trump impeached once.

The point is, these things are avoidable but only when we stop accepting propaganda, from selfish forces at home and hostile forgives abroad.

I fully agree with this.
I think the CPD (or whatever the abbreviation is) was willing cede all sorts of ground in the Capitol, but the protesters got to a point where the CPD wouldn't cede. It isn't justice, but the shooting likely was necessary.

Here's the thing. As much as I believe it was a tragedy, the National Guard should have been standing a battalion strong around that building with bayonettes affixed higher on the stairs, and shields up front, with beanbag shotguns and pepperballs, a megaphone, and some helicopters.

You know, the same thing they used to defile a church for a blasphemous photoshoot.

At that point, if the Boogers, and I will never not call "Boogaloo boys" Boogers from now on, because fuck them...

But anyway, if the Boogers saw exactly the level of force that BLM saw for months on end, it would make a statement that America is done with sedition. Because I do agree that her death saved lives.

I won't call it necessary any more than I will call her tracking the capital necessary nor any more than I would call the Senate treatment of the impeachment necessary, nor McConnel's silence on stimulus necessary, nor the claims Trump made about masks and "fake news" and so on and so forth. If you want to talk about things that weren't necessary, this is just the latest turn of a very large wheel, and what is necessary is that we stop making those kinds of mistakes so that they stop snowballing into the kinds of mistakes where people are getting shot over lies.

It fucking hurts to accept the reality of this. To dig further than surface deep for "justification" but I guarantee you it is certainly more right than trying to not feel bad about someone's death, regardless of who.

Dominion sues Trump lawyer Sidney Powell for defamation, seeks $1.3 billion
Powell has made a variety of baseless accusations of wrongdoing concerning Dominion, some of which have fueled conspiracy theories pushed by the president.

Dominion Voting Systems, one of the biggest election equipment manufacturers in the U.S. and the subject of numerous incoherent conspiracy theories about the 2020 election, has sued lawyer Sidney Powell, who pushed President Donald Trump’s attempts to overturn election results, for defamation.

“Powell falsely claimed that Dominion had rigged the election, that Dominion was created in Venezuela to rig elections for Hugo Chávez, and that Dominion bribed Georgia officials for a no-bid contract,” the lawsuit states.

Powell didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

Dominion is requesting damages of more than $1.3 billion, saying it has spent millions on security for its employees and on damage control to its reputation, and risks losing future business.

A Dominion employee who was harassed by Trump supporters previously sued Powell and others. In December, Dominion sent cease-and-desist letters to some conservative media outlets that pushed the election theories, including Fox News and OAN, which led to them walking back their claims.

Claims of voter fraud have been widely rejected.

Back
Top Bottom