• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

2020 Election Results

No matter who wins, it won't be a clean victory. It will taint the victory of whoever wins.

I think Trump's claims are lacking in substance, but I also think you should always investigate any claim of election improprieties.

I recently heard that investigating Trump's claims is a form of fascism.

It's clean. It's only dirty in the minds of Trump's cult followers. It has to be dirty or else they might have to admit Trump is lying and/or they are wrong.

No matter who wins, it won't be a clean victory. It will taint the victory of whoever wins.

I think Trump's claims are lacking in substance, but I also think you should always investigate any claim of election improprieties.

I disagree that you should investigate *any* claim. Hopefully they are *credible* claims. And you definitely should not go to court without evidence or waste the courts’ time with frivolous lawsuits in which the lawyers admit they have no evidence to back their own claims or even admit in open court that their own claims are actually false.

They were investigated, and they were found to be false. Now we can move on. Well, as long as Trump stops being a little bitch. Anyway, it's not fascism to investigate the claims. It is fascism to keep repeating claims of a stolen election even when it's been proven to be false.
Not to mention that Trump has always made claims of voter fraud throughout his term as president, none of which has ever panned-out to anything close to being significant. e.g. Including: Claiming that he won the popular vote in 2016. Claiming significant voter fraud would probably happen in the 2020 election, long before the election was held & without any evidence to back it up

To recycle the slogan of a burger chains ad campaign,
WHERE'S THE BEEF?

Tom

ETA ~Yeah, I'm old.

It's a clear victory for Biden by any objective reality. Any taint is imagined by Trump and his brainwashed followers.

I think the "taint" is real enough, though it "taint" what the Trump Crime Family is bleating. There is no way Trump actually got 71 million votes. I doubt he got anywhere near that. His enablers rigged the election, and were so confident of their success that they failed to destroy the evidence in a timely manner. That is why Trump is denying access to the government and information related thereto for Biden (or any other non co-conspirator). You can bet they're busily covering it up today, but I doubt they'll do a thorough job of it; once they are forced to abandon their rat's nest and the actual cleanup begins, at least some of the truth will be learned. It might not come out right away though, as casting a further pall upon the state of the Union isn't really in the interest of the incoming administration.

It's a clear victory for Biden by any objective reality. Any taint is imagined by Trump and his brainwashed followers.

I think the "taint" is real enough, though it "taint" what the Trump Crime Family is bleating. There is no way Trump actually got 71 million votes. I doubt he got anywhere near that. His enablers rigged the election, and were so confident of their success that they failed to destroy the evidence in a timely manner. That is why Trump is denying access to the government and information related thereto for Biden (or any other non co-conspirator). You can bet they're busily covering it up today, but I doubt they'll do a thorough job of it; once they are forced to abandon their rat's nest and the actual cleanup begins, at least some of the truth will be learned. It might not come out right away though, as casting a further pall upon the state of the Union isn't really in the interest of the incoming administration.

The election is 'tainted' in that Trump has sown enough doubt in his followers that they will have less faith in following elections, which will weaken your overall electoral process, paving the way for further bullshit. The GOP should be speaking out against this.

Why would the GOP speak out about this? All this talk about pretend Democrats cheating distracts the conversation away from all the ways that the GOP actually cheats.

I haven't seen any evidence that suggests that Trump could have had additional votes for him manufactured. Have you seen a credible source for this?

Obviously Trump/GOPs have been working to suppress democratic votes, especially for minorities for years. I would believe that if not for those efforts Biden would have gotten more votes than he did if not for voter suppression. It should be illegal for people to have to wait in line for hours to vote, reduce polling locations to create those lines, reduce access to ballot drop boxes, poll taxes and etc.... And Trump's stooge at the USPS was clearly trying to make it harder to cast absentee/mail-in ballots which would have and were more heavily for Biden.

I haven't seen any evidence that suggests that Trump could have had additional votes for him manufactured. Have you seen a credible source for this?

Obviously Trump/GOPs have been working to suppress democratic votes, especially for minorities for years. I would believe that if not for those efforts Biden would have gotten more votes than he did if not for voter suppression. It should be illegal for people to have to wait in line for hours to vote, reduce polling locations to create those lines, reduce access to ballot drop boxes, poll taxes and etc.... And Trump's stooge at the USPS was clearly trying to make it harder to cast absentee/mail-in ballots which would have and were more heavily for Biden.

I took that to mean their efforts to suppress the vote by closing polling stations, slowing the mail, etc.

Why would the GOP speak out about this? All this talk about pretend Democrats cheating distracts the conversation away from all the ways that the GOP actually cheats.

Well they aren't going to, but they should. Some lines shouldn't be crossed, and Trump is crossing many of them.

Jason Harvestdancer illegally modified ballots for Republicans to go to the Libertarian Candidate instead. We need to investigate this hollow and unfounded claim to the fullest extent of the law!

The funny thing is, my claim was at least falsifiable because it at least contains a detail or two..

I took that to mean their efforts to suppress the vote by closing polling stations, slowing the mail, etc.

Ah

I say "the results will be tainted no matter who wins."

The response is "it won't be tainted if my side wins."

Yeah, right.

Who said that?

Let's see...

It's clean. It's only dirty in the minds of Trump's cult followers. It has to be dirty or else they might have to admit Trump is lying and/or they are wrong.

Ah, there's one.

Let's see...

Ah, there's one.

What's tainted about the side that clearly won winning?

Back
Top Bottom