• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

6/27/24 presidential debate

Even though we have the same candidates in 2024 as we had in 2020, we have worse candidates in 2024 than we had in 2020.
Indeed.
Biden didn't lose himself in a senior moment.
You don't think so? He did lose his train of thought on several occasions. He did get better later in the debate though.
Maybe the Red Bull kicked in.
giphy.gif
He lost his train of thought on several occasions, but he didn't freeze up, wander away, or poop himself. He didn't even talk about hiking in the foothills of the Himalayas. Whatever they gave him before the debate, it must be potent stuff.

Even though we have the same candidates in 2024 as we had in 2020, we have worse candidates in 2024 than we had in 2020.
Indeed.
Biden didn't lose himself in a senior moment.
You don't think so? He did lose his train of thought on several occasions. He did get better later in the debate though.
Maybe the Red Bull kicked in.
giphy.gif
He lost his train of thought on several occasions, but he didn't freeze up, wander away, or poop himself. Whatever they gave him before the debate, it must be potent stuff.
Or he is just an old man who knows his stuff and it was lies that he needs drugs.

Or he is just an old man who knows his stuff and it was lies that he needs drugs.
He is an old man who showed every year of his age. Trump is barely younger, but came across as much higher energy. That is a problem. The presidential campaign will be long and grueling. And Biden does not have COVID as an excuse to hide in the White House basement until November.

He is an old man who showed every year of his age. Trump is barely younger, but came across as much higher energy. That is a problem. The presidential campaign will be long and grueling. And Biden does not have COVID as an excuse to hide in the White House basement until November.
I guess if you only care about energy and not the voluminous vomit of lies then it could make the difference. Being president isn’t about walking around and talking with high energy.

I guess if you only care about energy and not the voluminous vomit of lies then it could make the difference. Being president isn’t about walking around and talking with high energy.
True. But the problem is many potential voters don’t seem to realize that. Trump is betting on that.

Reactions: SLD
Not defending Trump on his lies, but it is also important to show some vigor.

If Biden looks so bad then the Republicans should realize that any halfway decent candidate could easily beat him. Instead they go with their worst possible candidate.

Trump is really full of shit. But he appears energetic and dynamic while bullshitting blatantly.
Really? I mean, I understand that people use those words because he’s loud and insistent. But that’s what most bullies are: loud and insistent.

Is it really bullshitting if it’s all just blatant lies?

This is not different than I’ve long thought if Trump. His speech is riddled with superlatives: everything is the best it the worst. No one has ever seen anything like it before. Facts aside, this is not an individual who has any idea about nuance. And it is an individual who sees the world only through a lens focused on him and his needs and wants which to him, are the same thing and the only thing that matters.

So the choice, in case anyone missed it before is between two old men: one who is showing his age but who still has a much greater understanding of the world around him than most people—and the other a narcissist who knows nothing and values nothing except for how well it reflects on his image.

I’d rather we had different candidates but here we are. Biden is the only rational choice.

Trump is really full of shit. But he appears energetic and dynamic while bullshitting blatantly.

He was on some stimulant. The D's should have taken him up on the offer to have both participants drug-tested. Rs always accuse Ds of the sin or crime the Rs are committing.
Every accusation out of Trump’s camp is a confession.

He was on some stimulant. The D's should have taken him up on the offer to have both participants drug-tested. Rs always accuse Ds of the sin or crime the Rs are committing.
He probably got a new refill for his adderall and scarfed them all down.

One is worse than the other. Biden ain’t gonna make it to November.

I hate to say it but this debate was actually dull. Neither candidate did anything out of the ordinary. Trump didn't go on a tirade, Biden didn't lose himself in a senior moment.

I just watched bits and pieces of a rerun and it was very dull.

Not defending Trump on his lies, but it is also important to show some vigor.
Yes, I wish Joe didn’t look so frail. But he knew his facts whereas Trump obviously knows exactly nothing about policy and proper governance.

Back
Top Bottom