• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

A day without stupid?

Devin Nunes: AG Jeff Sessions should be held in contempt of Congress

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes is going to push Congress to hold Attorney General Jeff Sessions in contempt of Congress.

Nunes, who did concede that it’s possible Sessions personally is unaware of the subpoena, told "Fox and Friends" he wouldn’t accept "excuses" relating to national security concerns in terms of his ongoing investigation of how the Russia probe was handled.

Devin Nunes. A modern Don Quixote, if Quixote was a complete fuckwit.

This is kind of funny, not that anyone would be suprised that FFvC's lament about 'fake news' is not really about made-up-news. When FFvC whined about 91% being 'fake' he pretty much admitted he means 'negative'.

Twiddle de Dotard said:
The Fake News is working overtime. Just reported that, despite the tremendous success we are having with the economy & all things else, 91% of the Network News about me is negative (Fake). Why do we work so hard in working with the media when it is corrupt? Take away credentials?

Details on the fake-negative conflation:
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...mp-tweet-twitter-latest-fake-news-credentials
At this point, when Trump tweets that something was “just reported,” it practically goes without saying that it was reported on Fox & Friends, the Fox News morning show that has all but supplanted the president’s daily intelligence briefing.
<snip>
The Fox report, in turn, is based on a study by the Media Research Center, a right-wing media watchdog group. Fox’s graphic isn’t quite right: The most recent Media Research Center report on network coverage, from January 1 to April 30 of this year, shows that 90 percent of Trump coverage was negative, not 91 percent.
<snip>
It’s nice of Trump to admit, explicitly, what many skeptics have suspected all along: When he complains about “fake news,” he doesn’t actually mean “news that is untrue”; he means news that is personally inconvenient to Donald Trump.

The Media Research Center didn’t say 91 percent of Trump coverage was fake. Trump himself conveniently drew the connection.

Objection: "Daily intelligence briefing".

Should be: "Daily stupidity briefing".

I'll put this here because I don't want to clutter up the "pictures that made you laugh" (at their stupidity) thread with politics and because... not a day without stupid:

Military Spouses.jpg

I know in this day and age, political criticisms are met with Whataboutism. "You're side was just as bad last week|month|decade!"

That said, I'm willing to give conservatives a chance here.

During the eight years of the Obama Administration, did any corporation release a public statement stating: "Hiring [associate|lawyer|confidant|whatever] of President Obama as a political consultant was a big mistake"?

Devin Nunes: AG Jeff Sessions should be held in contempt of Congress

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes is going to push Congress to hold Attorney General Jeff Sessions in contempt of Congress.

Nunes, who did concede that it’s possible Sessions personally is unaware of the subpoena, told "Fox and Friends" he wouldn’t accept "excuses" relating to national security concerns in terms of his ongoing investigation of how the Russia probe was handled.

Devin Nunes. A modern Don Quixote, if Quixote was a complete fuckwit traitor.

Fixed it for you.

- - - Updated - - -

I know in this day and age, political criticisms are met with Whataboutism. "You're side was just as bad last week|month|decade!"

That said, I'm willing to give conservatives a chance here.

During the eight years of the Obama Administration, did any corporation release a public statement stating: "Hiring [associate|lawyer|confidant|whatever] of President Obama as a political consultant was a big mistake"?

Yup. Everyone talks about how bad Hitler and the Nazis were, but no one mentions the fact that the Allies were exactly as bad! this is clear evidence that the Nazis are being persecuted!

You can't say that I'm pro-Nazi. I'm just pointing out that the other side was just as bad! That doesn't make me pro-Nazi! If you think that, then you're the real Nazi here!

;) :p

This level of stupid almost deserves its own web board! It is the most incredibly stupid statement ever made in the history of foreign diplomacy. John Bolton has officially shown he deserves to belong in this administration.

In reference to the denuclearization of North Korea in a Fox interview, John Bolton said this:
John Bolton said:
We have very much in mind the Libya model from 2003, 2004.
Libya... the nation run by that guy that got sodomized and lynched by western supported rebels.

Now don't get me wrong, Qaddafi wasn't a great guy. However, when negotiating with a paranoid nation who developed a nuclear program in order to ensure the stabilization of their power atop the nation, it is NOT a good idea to mention that other country that did similar and about 10 years later, western powers sought to have their leader deposed/killed. What is funny is that this was stated in late April and North Korea only now brings it up. Granted, they are playing their own game, but seriously, Bolton just gave them the best pitch ever to smack out of the park.

Trump doesn't want to be outdone by Bolton, goes for a record himself.

Trump Tweet said:
Wow, word seems to be coming out that the Obama FBI “SPIED ON THE TRUMP CAMPAIGN WITH AN EMBEDDED INFORMANT.” Andrew McCarthy says, “There’s probably no doubt that they had at least one confidential informant in the campaign.” If so, this is bigger than Watergate!
Trump apparently thinks this is the FBI and Black Panthers type of informant... and doesn't realize they might have caught someone doing something illegal and he turned informant to save his bacon.

Trump doesn't want to be outdone by Bolton, goes for a record himself.

Trump Tweet said:
Wow, word seems to be coming out that the Obama FBI “SPIED ON THE TRUMP CAMPAIGN WITH AN EMBEDDED INFORMANT.” Andrew McCarthy says, “There’s probably no doubt that they had at least one confidential informant in the campaign.” If so, this is bigger than Watergate!
Trump apparently thinks this is the FBI and Black Panthers type of informant... and doesn't realize they might have caught someone doing something illegal and he turned informant to save his bacon.

Doesn't matter to Cheato what kind of informant. He knows he and his associates are going to be implicated and/or convicted of criminal activities. He does not yet know which of their many crimes they'll be called to account for, but he knows they are all guilty. The only thing Cheato can do to improve his chances of not dying in jail, is to try to rouse a significant portion of the US population to riot against all the institutions of American law enforcement. Team Cheato hopes that Law Enforcement at all levels will back off their efforts to put them away, rather than deal with the civil unrest they're trying to foment.

Meanwhile Trump tells the world 'He am dumb'.
CNN said:
"The Libyan model isn't a model that we have at all when we're thinking of North Korea," Trump said. "This with Kim Jong Un would be something where he would be there. He would be running his country. His country would be very rich.

"The Libyan model was a much different model. We decimated that country. We never said to Gadhafi, 'Oh, we're going to give you protection,' " he continued. "We went in and decimated him, and we did the same thing with Iraq."

Drawing on those comments, Trump also warned Kim of the alternative to striking a denuclearization deal: the decimation of North Korea and Kim's removal from power.

"That model would take place if we don't make a deal," Trump said.
Well at least he didn't mistake the Libyan model as a woman with big tits.

Of course, it wouldn't be Trump stupid if he didn't follow it up with more stupid.
article said:
"You have to want to do it. With deals ... you have to have two parties that want to do it," Trump said. Kim "absolutely wanted to do it. Perhaps he doesn't want to do it."
George W. Bush is wincing at Trump's speaking abilities.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...g-counter-intelligence-evidence-a8355971.html

I need not quote anything from the article. Just know that Trump says Obama planted a spy in his campaign.

But here's how Trump's accusation could kinda be true: the FBI, having gotten wind of super shady shit, sent an infiltrator in or turned someone inside the campaign. Under the circumstances that existed at the time, it would've been a good thing to have an undercover agent checking out Trump's campaign anyway.

Would the FBI have told Obama? Are they required to under those circumstances? I don't know.

But it smacks of my dad blaming Obama for the Vegas massacre because the ATF approved the bumpstock (or something like that) while Obama was in office.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...g-counter-intelligence-evidence-a8355971.html

I need not quote anything from the article. Just know that Trump says Obama planted a spy in his campaign.

But here's how Trump's accusation could kinda be true: the FBI, having gotten wind of super shady shit, sent an infiltrator in or turned someone inside the campaign. Under the circumstances that existed at the time, it would've been a good thing to have an undercover agent checking out Trump's campaign anyway.

Would the FBI have told Obama? Are they required to under those circumstances? I don't know.

But it smacks of my dad blaming Obama for the Vegas massacre because the ATF approved the bumpstock (or something like that) while Obama was in office.

It was said many months ago that there was an inside informant reporting to the FBI. It was the inside informant and the idiot Papadopoulus not being able to keep his mouth shut when he drinks that started the investigation.

Wondering if the draft dodger in chief will give a speech (or a tweet) honoring the fallen tomorrow.

Wondering if the draft dodger in chief will give a speech (or a tweet) honoring the fallen tomorrow.

I think he's going to fuck it up by confusing this holiday with the other one. Pro-tip for Fragilego Mussolini:

Veterans Day is when you thank those who came back from a war.

Memorial Day is when you remember those who did not.

Donald J. Trump✔@realDonaldTrump
Happy Memorial Day! Those who died for our great country would be very happy and proud at how well our country is doing today. Best economy in decades, lowest unemployment numbers for Blacks and Hispanics EVER (& women in 18years), rebuilding our Military and so much more. Nice!
5:58 AM - May 28, 2018

Donald J. Trump[emoji818]@realDonaldTrump
Happy Memorial Day! Those who died for our great country would be very happy and proud at how well our country is doing today. Best economy in decades, lowest unemployment numbers for Blacks and Hispanics EVER (& women in 18years), rebuilding our Military and so much more. Nice!
Yes, when they stormed the beaches of Normandy the soldiers yelled, “For the free market!!!”

Donald J. Trump✔@realDonaldTrump
Huh. So, he claims dead people boosted Hillary's election numbers, now he claims dead people would boost his approval numbers...

Back
Top Bottom